5.0 out of 5 stars Don't like microwaves? Get this!
I searched a long time for this toaster style oven as opposed to microwave ovens.

Perfect for one or two people and takes a 10" pizza size with no problem.

It reaches pre-heat temp in about 6 mins and there's a convection (fan) setting which apparently cooks faster.

There are 3 shelf levels (top/middle/bottom) but only one wire shelf is...
Published on 9 Aug 2012 by Jim Francis

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed
I bought this mini oven when we moved home to a house with only a range which takes days of forward planning and a lot of oil. We love cooking and baking so I was quite excited about it, it looks great, and as there are only two of us I thought it would quite easily meet our needs.
Unfortunately this oven has been incredibly frustrating to use. The timer is...
Published 9 months ago by j-b

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't like microwaves? Get this!, 9 Aug 2012
This review is from: Dualit 89200 Mini Oven, Chrome (Kitchen & Home)

Perfect for one or two people and takes a 10" pizza size with no problem.

There are 3 shelf levels (top/middle/bottom) but only one wire shelf is supplied.

Shelf width is exactly 31cm and I found a small 31cm non-stick tray in Tesco's (Tesco brand) which fit perfectly - so, I bought 3 at about a fiver each. Not sure how it would cook using all 3 at the same time - but I tried 2 shelves yesterday and that was great with lamb and roast potatoes - yummy. That took about 25 mins total from cold.

I've baked puff pastries in it (apple turnovers) and great little apple pies using ready made pastry :)

The bottom slides out completely for easy cleaning.

Top quality product, looks and works great!

I'd be lost without it; worth every penny!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dualit at it's best!, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Dualit 89200 Mini Oven, Chrome (Kitchen & Home)
The oven arrived in perfect working order and is in constant use. I wouldn't be without it now. My thanks are due to a great British company.

5.0 out of 5 stars An improvement on the previous dualit model, 11 April 2014
Derek Jones - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Dualit 89200 Mini Oven, Chrome (Kitchen & Home)
Amazon were out of stock so I bought it elsewhere - and got it for a tenner less! I had had the previous version of this Dualit oven for six years and it was beginning to look a little worn. I was pleased with that old oven but I am even more pleased with the new one. Some comparisons:
1. There are more shelf settings in the new oven.
2. The handle is much more substantial - metal instead of the rubberised material on the previous model.
3. The bottom slides out easily for cleaning.
4. The heat is more constant. In the previous oven the thermostat went on and off much less often than on the new one. On the old one the thermostat allowed the temperature to rise well above the set temperature and then allowed it to fall well below before the heat came on again. With the new oven the thermostat is going on and off constantly - hence maintaining an even temperature - something that has been the Achilles heel of most small ovens.

The only was in which the old oven was superior is that it did actually reach the stated maximum of 230. The new one does not quite manage it, but I do not find that major problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Dualit 89200 Mini Oven, Chrome (Kitchen & Home)
Unfortunately this oven has been incredibly frustrating to use. The timer is irritating and has only 4 markers, 30, 60, 90 and 120 minutes so it is difficult to be precise. I can not comment on how accurate it is as I always use the timer on my phone which is specific to the second. I don't really know why the timer is included, people manage to use a standard oven without one.
The worst aspect is the temperature control, offering basically two options - off and nuke. The dial has 4 numbers on it, 100, 140, 180 and 230 which does not exactly suggest subtlety, but they bear absolutely no relation to the internal temperature. Using an oven thermometer and literally standing over it I can get by. This evening I have baked two mini sponges. I set the oven to just below the required temperature of 170 on the dial. It reached 210. I lowered it, with the door open, to 100 and eventually, by standing staring at it for ten minutes and constantly changing the setting I was able to settle it on 170. The dial was a fraction above 140 by that point. With a thermometer I could of course get used to the dial being inaccurate, it's the fact that it is so inconsistent. As per the title, so disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dualit oven, 7 Mar 2012
This review is from: Dualit 89200 Mini Oven, Chrome (Kitchen & Home)
Great oven for a small space - very useful. Convenient for two or use as an additional oven space alongside existing oven. Good looking and easy to use. I have had no problems yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Emergency purchase., 13 Dec 2012
This review is from: Dualit 89200 Mini Oven, Chrome (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this after our existing oven blew up,its a great wee oven enough for two people and does everything its supposed to, it arrived really quickly and saved our bacon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Revised my opinion of Dualit quality, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Dualit 89200 Mini Oven, Chrome (Kitchen & Home)
I had the previous model to this one for a good number of years until the "Selector"switch failed and unable to find a replacement.
The Dualit 89200 is a very poor substitute for the preceeding one. It is much lower powered, does not have an interior light,the symbols on the switches are very poorly labelled and even the oven handle has been assembled slightly askew. After some weeks of frustrated use, due mainly to its low power. it now appears that the seal around the oven door is leaking slightly.
All things considered a very disappointing purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Cooking, 4 April 2013
Corbeau (Heart of England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dualit 89200 Mini Oven, Chrome (Kitchen & Home)
So far so good. Getting used to small cooking, everything has cooked and baking fine. Good for a small family x2............

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Dualit 89200 Mini Oven, Chrome (Kitchen & Home)
Use it everyday and very quick to get to right temp for cooking. Easy to clean - but outside does get hot!

4.0 out of 5 stars really surprised, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Dualit 89200 Mini Oven, Chrome (Kitchen & Home)
Would recommend with reservations, because of the settings being very difficult to read, think that info should be disclosed in products description, I really don't think I would have purchased this item if I had known about the dials, also the packaging looked like it had been in a war.
I was really surprised that the unit only had one small dent in rear of unit. The unit works fine so far, have broiled and baked in the oven and satisfied with results

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›