5.0 out of 5 stars Confessions of an iAccessory Addict
Being a heavy iUser, I am constantly on the lookout for new and better products. One area that I have been particularly disappointed in overall is that of the stylus. I have read on blogs that Apple doesn't really believe in the concept of a stylus as its built to work with your fingers and that's why they have never built or designed one. OK, I get that you don't need...
Published on 30 Dec 2011 by David Ashlock

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the bee's knees of styli
I bought this stylus to rise to a challenge posted on my review of the 2 x Universal Capacitive Stylus Pen for iPad 1, 2 & 3, iPhone 4, HTC, Tablet pc, Asus Tablets, Advent, Samsung Galaxy, Mobile Phones, PC, Blackberry Playbook & Phones, Android and all other Capacitive Screens Devices - Universal Stylus Touchscreen pen w... stylus, which I have been very pleased with...
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Addict

‹ Previous | 137 38 3942 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pen you can use when your fingers just don't cut it!, 14 Feb 2012
This review is from: New Trent (1PC) Limir Dual Purpose Stylus/Styli for Capacitive Touch Screen Smartphones and Tablets. 2-in-1: Stylus (Micro-Knit Tip) and Fine Ball Pen (Electronics)
The IMP62B is an interesting piece of technology. It fits practically anywhere you want to put it because of the compact size. There is not a problem with holding it for long periods of times (an hour of constant use). I use it on my iPad and Galaxy Tablet and iPhone with no struggle compared to my finger. In fact, I would prefer using this over my finger in most cases, simply because of the inaccuracies associated with finger pointing on a touch screen. The pen allows me to aim more accurately, and I enjoy being more productive in this case.
The absolute greatest advantage to this entire product is fact that it completely removes the problem of having oily smudges and fingerprints on your devices. Strangely enough, the pen even CLEANS the screen for you. That is the great part of having a micro-knit tip.
The stylus is very sturdy built and is not some piece of cheap plastic that other manufacturers make. It even comes with a pen on the back, in case you really need to write something down. I wouldn't advise you to use that as your primary pen because I can't imagine a way where I can refill the ink.
Compared to other devices of the same category, this pen clearly wins. It isn't made of the typical rubber covered tip that other pens have. The rubber tip drags and has too much friction to be enjoyable to use. This micro-knit tip slides like a knife cutting butter.

Pros:
-microknit end is perfect material for the tip. Nothing beats this
-allows you to keep wearing your mittens/gloves to keep the cold out
-material is hardened and pen is sturdy
-there is a real pen in the stylus that actually writes well. Pen doesn't come out on accident because it is twist to open.
-there is a clip on the stylus to keep track of where it is

Cons:
-stylus might be a little short for some people.
-pen doesn't refill without breaking apart the stylus.

Improvements:
I suggest making a grip for the pen that allows for a more comfortable grasp for long periods of time. Especially when we are writing with the actual pen. The manufacturer could possibly hollow out some part of the stylus to allow for people to extend it if they desire. I'm not sure if this suggestion would be feasible for the long term usefulness of the item though.

Nonetheless, this item is a great addition to my list of tech. It is definitely an improvement over taking off my mittens in this cold winter weather to touch my screen with my bare skin.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far my favorite, 13 Feb 2012
andrew (AUSTIN, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
So far, of all of the stylus' I have used all of my life this is my favorite. I had been looking for one just like this when I just happened on it. The stylus point is a little different than most other types out there that you will find with their gooey tips. This takes some time to get used to, maybe half a day, but after that the others start to feel sluggish. I like that when I am taking notes during my MBA classes or sitting at the library and researching, I can easily flip it over and do the opposite of what i was just doing. This pen is a definite for either someone who is constantly switching between mediums, or always forgetting where they put the other writing/pointing instrument.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool. But not refillable?, 13 Feb 2012
This pen is pretty cool; however, the biggest issue is that it does not appear to be refillable.
One side of the pen is for the iPad or other touch screen device. The other is a twist pen. Pretty cool concept, especially when drawling. The only issue with this product is the pen. It actually writes very smoothy; however, it does not appear to be refillable.

Positive points:
1) responsive and accurate
2) pen writes well
3) looks nice
4) fairly priced
5) pen glides well on the iPad

Things that need improvement:
1) pen not refillable.
2) packaging not that great - kinda boring. This was not even shipped in a box that displayed the item name or number. It was just in a plastic wrapper. When I purchased the New Trent IMP39B Embassy Keyboard, it has nice packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product!!, 12 Feb 2012
This product works great as advertised on both iPhone and iPad. Capacitive stylus is cushioned and pleasant to use. Pen is cleverly located at top of the stylus to help user avoid unintended use on the touchscreen.

5.0 out of 5 stars A superior stylus, 11 Feb 2012
Hello,
I have used the stylus and here are my thoughts.

Positive points:
1) Very responsive and accurate. One of the best stylus's on the market. The Microfibre end is alot better than the rubber ones ( I compared it to the Kensington stylus and the Adonit Jot Pro. It was far superior than the Kensington and equal to the Jot pro).
2) Pen feature is very useful and it is great that there is no pen lid.
3) The materials are very good.
4) the price is suitable.

Things that need improvement:
1) Provide more colours.
2) Make the pen slightly taller so that people with big hands can use it easily (or make a small one for phones and a big one for tablets).
3) Make it possible to change the ink cartridge.
4) The Packaging is very tight and the pen is very difficult to remove. Making the packaging slightly wider would help.

I hope that this information is helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Trent IMP62B Stylus-Champa, Dual-Purpose with Micro-Knit Technology Capacitive Stylus and Fine Ball Pen (Electronics), 10 Feb 2012
uly318 (PLATTE CITY, MO, United States) - See all my reviews
Pros: Feels well balanced in your hand and has a solid feel to it. Has a nice soft mirco-knit tip that precisely points to and opens/grabs your on-screen buttons/items. I was surprised that I enjoyed using the stylus as much as I did, preferring it to using my finger. The stylus does not leave any finger prints and is way more accurate than your finger. It worked perfectly on our Kindle Fire and our smart phones! It has a fine ball tipped pen opposite the mirco-knit tip. You simply twist the cap and the pen pops up or disappears down.

Negative: I wish the stylus had a lanyard (string) to tie it to my Kindle Fire case.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's kind of small, but I like it., 9 Feb 2012
Not what i first expected. I thought this was like a normal pen in size and had this new Micro-Knit stylus end. Well it's like half the length of a normal pen. It writes just fine, Pen wise, and the stylus works I'd say, slightly better than the rubber ended stylus that are on the market.

It's odd how both this stylus and the rubber ones just sometimes don't register with the ipad. I've never noticed that my finger does the same so I find it a flaw in all the Stylus. This is only once in a blue moon though and the rest of the time I prefer this Micro-Knit unit to the other rubber stylus I have.

It glides across the screen easier than the others, more like my finger.

One odd thing; the Pen feature of this small stylus is at the end where the pocket clip is. So you kind of need to rotate it in your hand so that you don't grip the clip during writing. It only takes a second to move your fingers, so its not really a problem. I actually like this because I use it mostly for the stylus end and the clip isn't in the way, like many of the others on the market.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy to have, accurate, good idea but a few improvements to be made in my opinion, 5 Feb 2012
Well, now lets start with the comments.

I am a very very heavy user of both iPhone 4 and iPad 2. 1st impressions count for 80-90% either to keep or send back, to recommend for not to. I think I was wrong with this product. Upon opening the package, my first impression was not necessarily a positive one as it is 4 inches/10 cms in length, and I thought to myself, easily misplaced/lost. I went ahead and tested it full. I then looked at the clip provided, thinking that if there was someway of attaching it to the ipad, even using magnetism, if you dont use the genuine magnetic apple covers.

After this initial thought, i started to use the product, and wow it is so accurate, and easy to use. I could be a bit longer, but it comes into its own when your are using gloves on a cold winters day. It keeps my screen clean and even beats using your finger!

Pros:
- the micro-knit end is a fantastic concept, no noticeable lag when moving across the screen and provides a "true-to-life" writing feel
- its more responsive than touching the screen, rather than your finger
- built-in pen
- twist to expose pen, no cap, so no need to worry about replacing or loosing cap
- stylus is attractive
- feels well built and sturdy

Cons:
- clip could be replaced or added to by using magnetism to attach to iPad 2 if not using Apple magnetic cover/case
- stylus is too short both for use as a stylus and a pen for people with larger hands
- grip material lacks grip, to plastic looking/feeling and slids easily when having sweaty hands, maybe a rubber cover

Recommended for other users to try, as overall the purpose and the build quality of this item are great, but my pros are maybe only a personal thing.

My first stylus, and possibly not my last New Trent stylus or product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact stylus that doubles as a pen, 1 Feb 2012
I recently purchased the stylus, and I'm finding it to be invaluable. I travel a lot for my job and frequently need to use my iPhone outside during the winter. The stylus allows me to effectively use my phone without removing my gloves. I know I could be using a pair of the "special" gloves instead, but I find this works so much better for me. Besides, I have a retractable pen concealed within the stylus and that's a bonus I appreciate.

5.0 out of 5 stars handy, 28 Jan 2012
Handy tool to have around. It's very cold right now and I love that I don't have to remove my gloves to text. I keep this handy pen/stylus with my Kindle and use it for iphone too.

PROS compact
accurate touch on iphone
pen on other end

CONS I dont think the ink is refillable. Not 100% sure though.

‹ Previous | 137 38 3942 | Next ›