5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate scales
I've seen a few reviews on here saying these aren't accurate. I have to say we used them to weigh 5 sets of luggage varying from 11.5Kg to 29Kg and the scales at check-in weighed them exactly the same weight as we had. I wonder if some users aren't waiting for the scales to set to zero before using them?
Hold them in your hand with the strap hanging down and press...
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Weighs light
A great little device for weighing your luggage but, as someone else pointed out, it weighs light. 90kg of luggage on the scale came in at 95kg at the airport, which put me 5kg over and cost me £50.

How the scales and airport compared on a few recent trips....

Scales Airport
26.9 27.5
26.4 26.9
23.6 24.5
28.4 29.0
28.8...
Published on 12 May 2013 by Www.bycostello.com

1.0 out of 5 stars Weighs light, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Duronic LS1019 Digital 50KG Capacity Luggage/Bag/Suitcase Scales with straps, bag and batteries (Shoes)

How the scales and airport compared on a few recent trips....

Scales Airport
22.0 22.6
22.2 22.5
19.4 19.9
20.2 19.8

So averages at about 98% of the airport scales.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate scales, 14 Sept. 2013
Hold them in your hand with the strap hanging down and press the 'on' button, wait for them to zero... what could be simpler?
I'd certainly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly useful, 31 Mar. 2012
John (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Spent a long time browsing the pages of Amazon for a luggage scale and decided on this item. Very pleased I did. Small and light enough to not become a burden in the luggage, very simple strap system for lifting luggage and a clear display to see the reading. With the display on top of the unit, it's very easy to read without having to try and lift heavy bags up towards eye level, and certainly a whole world of improvement over trying to balance a large suitcase or flexible bag on a set of bathroom scales!

5.0 out of 5 stars A neat light essential for travel, 29 Feb. 2012
Travelling with budget airlines it has become important to have an easy way to check I have not exceeded the baggage allowance with purchases abroad. This handy scale is light and easy to pack and has saved any worries about surcharges for excess weight. Arrived promptly in good time for our flight!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good piece, 9 Mar. 2012
Useful to have in hand, quite accurate but allow for up to 0.5kg margin of error as we found out recently.

5.0 out of 5 stars So simple to use, 24 Dec. 2012
I really love this scales. I bought them as I travel a lot and it was getting a bit tiring holding onto a suitcase and then getting onto my bathroom scales. The readings are very accurate, although I take best of three as the weight is down to one decimal place. There is definitely a knack to using it as the scales have to reset when there is no tension on the straps, before lifting and putting tension on. Would definitely recommend this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product, 16 Nov. 2012
Bought this item to take with me on holiday to check the luggage on the way back, excellent it's light weight and easy to use. It was so handy we were using it in the airport to weigh our fellow passengers bags. Everyone was impressed by it. I test weighed it before I went and it was 100% accurate.Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital luggage scales, 30 Mar. 2012
Excellent buy! Very easy to use & accurate, price was extremely reasonable & I don't hesitate to recommend this product to anyone looking for luggage scales.

1.0 out of 5 stars I am very disappointed by this product and wanted to give it less ..., 5 Feb. 2015
I am very disappointed by this product and wanted to give it less than 1 star rating.... had there been an option.

Product came on time, but that's not sufficient to rate it a good product, when I started using it. I had ordered two, having read the good reviews.

First two times I used them to weigh my luggage it worked perfectly well. On using it the third time round I was absolutely shocked at the readings it started giving..... an empty bag which was weighing less than 5 kgs showed up as 12 kgs on the scale !! Later on weighing the bag after packing .....guess what (?) .....it read 32 kgs when it was just about 17.5 kgs !!
Everytime I weight same bag it will give me nearly twice the actual weight.

Fortunately I had a friend's luggage scale which I borrowed and checked the weight against.

I had found it strange something I could carry quite easily would show up almost double on the scale. Mind you, both the scales had been stored very well in drawer and not thrown about.

Used another scale to check the weight against and that is when the actual weight got confirmed.
It would have been understandable if it was out by a kilo or two but this was ridiculous !

I had wanted to buy 7 more to give as gift to oriends and family but thank God I did not order them then. Phew.....

I hope this will help you make your decision to buy this device..

If Amazon is willing to oblige, I would like to return these two scales so they can see it for themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Item, 22 Nov. 2013
I cannot believe how accurate this item was (especially after reading some of the less positive reviews). I have just completed a long haul flight which also included a set of golf clubs which I had to pay extra for, as a result I needed to ensure I did not go over my allowance! These scales weighed to perfection and matched 100% with the scales at the airport each time. I weighed my hand luggage, suitcase and golf bag and all 3 items came in at the same weight at the airport and I do mean EXACTLY the same. Once I arrived at the other end and met up with my husband we then had 2 lots of luggage, we had to leave some luggage behind whilst taking another flight so once again the scales were put to use as we merged what we needed for a few days into one case. Once again, perfection. I cannot recommend this little item enough. It is an absolute gem, takes up so little space in your hand luggage and ultimately could end up saving you a small fortune. It is also much to easier to use than bathroom scales.