5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality
I was very impressed with the quality. The sound is really good i've had long time without found a really nice earphones, when i used the mic the people say they can hear me very well. Also fits perfectly in my ears and i love the color.
Published on 7 May 2011 by Krayczer

1.0 out of 5 stars Good sound though not exactly durable
Published on 25 Mar 2011 by Weenson

1.0 out of 5 stars Good sound though not exactly durable, 25 Mar 2011
The headset that came with my new Motorola Defy lasted just over a month so I hunted the Plantronics down on Amazon. The description seemed to render assurance that it was quite robust so I purchased one which came in pretty good time. The sound quality is excellent and the mic controller helps one differentiate between the right and left ear pieces. I'm a little disappointed that the end tabs on the ear pieces keep coming off to the extent that the gauze-like material which covers the left ear piece is beginning to become detached. In addition the anti-tangle cord of the right side ear piece has started to fray. Thankfully the product comes with a 2yr warranty. I may well have to exercise this. Perhaps I received a dud unit since in all other respects, it's a good and neat-looking little performer. It would have been a 5 star product otherwise.

Edit: This product lasted around 3 months. The end pieces of both ear buds came off so I had to fit third party covers to them. The cord frayed further and caused a hopeless tangle which when I pulled too hard in frustration simply snapped. The only reason I didn't return this was because I had a recent woeful experience returning something else to a seller and didn't want to get drawn into another time-consuming process. Product rating downgraded to 2 stars which is a pity as the sound quality was really excellent.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound quality., 9 Jun 2013
This review is from: Plantronics Backbeat 116 Stereo Corded Headphones with Mic - White (Electronics)
When I heard how poor the audio quality was, I realised I had been misled. They are marketed as decent-quality earphones with a remote control, when in fact they are really just a hands-free kit, suitable only for voice calls. They can't handle music. Anyone who says that they can, really needs to try out better earphones. Even 15 Sennheisers sound much better than these.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I expected, 27 Oct 2012
The sound is ok
The cable is the problem
Im using the headphones only 3 weeks and already the cable is starting to damage

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, don't buy them, 26 Aug 2012
Sound quality not great, they didn't fit in my ears and despite taking care to look after them they lasted less than 3 months before they gave up the ghost. Rubbish.

1.0 out of 5 stars Plantronics Backbeat 116 Stereo Corded Headphones with Mic, 30 Oct 2011
Unfortunately one of the rubber discs surrounding one of the earpieces came off and was never found within two days of using the earphones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 May 2011
I ordered these to go with my iPhone. While they look great on the picture, they are very big and I couldn't fit them in my ears. I have never encountered that problem before. The sound quality is less than mediocre.
I presumed that the mic also had a volume control function, but this is not the case.
I agree with other reviewers that the coating that stops the cables from getting knotted is a nice idea which is badly executed; the cables are quite thick and stiff through the coating and downright annoying. Even though these headphones are cheap, I thought they might be good, especially as Plantronics is usually a good brand... That's not the case with these. You are better off investing a couple more quid than buying these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 7 May 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 5 Dec 2011
Dont work right with ipod shuffle.
No volume control on button.
Broke after 6 weeks of casual use and being looked after.