5.0 out of 5 stars What a great Alaskan community!
There's special atmosphere in this series, generated by the different characters and their lifes in the Alaskan bush. Sometimes a little exaggerated, ok, but if you know the Northamerican bush and have experienced life up in the north you will recognize lots of the stuff that's told in this story!
It's never the same, it's surprising, it's weird and funny and often...
Published on 13 Mar. 2009 by M. D. Lange

1.0 out of 5 stars Big Warning
One big warning to anyone thinking about buying this product - please read on... I had watched the whole Northern Exposure series when it was on TV and would quietly consider myself a bit of a "moose-head". I came across this box set of DVD's on Amazon back in 2008 and purchased it. At first I was very happy. The complete Northern Exposure series all in one tidy box...
Published on 28 Dec. 2012 by georgethecat

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great Alaskan community!, 13 Mar. 2009
M. D. Lange (Germany) - See all my reviews
It's never the same, it's surprising, it's weird and funny and often going down deep. You have to think about many things after watching it.

As non-native speaker I would have enjoyed English subtitles as the acting characters are sometimes really fast with their talking. Anyway, a DVD gives the chance to stop and go back a little.

Some more information about the making would have been nice, too.

All in all 5 stars from my side for the great box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites, 14 April 2010
It is with heavy heart that I near the end of season six of this wonderful show. The problem is that television of this quality just does not get made any more. I had heard that series one was so short as it was supposed to be a mid-season filler, but then it gained momentum. I am incredibly thankful to whichever network boss decided to keep the show going for so long, despite the lack of explosions, plastic people and dramatic cliff-hangers. The beauty of Northern Exposure is in the patience and depth with which characters and cultures are explored. Whilst it is billed as a comedy, it is rarely thigh-slapping humour, but is insightful and wry. The show itself would sorely tempt me to move to Alaska myself if I didn't think the reality would be so much different, but there you have it. Northern Exposure is a magnificent bit of escapism that I feel stands far removed from, and head and shoulders above nearly every other TV show in production today. If you were to buy this, I very much doubt you would be disappointed (good value for money too, seasons 3-6 have over twenty episodes each)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort viewing, 11 July 2010
For a trip back to nostalgic TV and day dreams of living in Alaska this is an essential addition to the collection. All the characters and most of the story lines stand the test of time. The dialogue and the personalities are still fresh even if the clothes and hair styles are dated. The dynamics between the characters make for compulsive viewing. And the beautiful scenery!!!

It may seem a pricey box set but as a fan I think it is worth it. There are a few deleted scenes to enjoy. On the whole a well presented box set without all the padded out extras you get with modern TV shows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Northern Exposure - lovely!, 23 Oct. 2008
I just purchased All Seasons and I couldn't be happier with it.
The music is exactly the same as I heard it first on TV in Europe and when renting it in the US, so don't get worried about it. There is 28 discs, the whole thing comes in suede-like box. I can definitely recommend the deleted scenes attached to almost every episode.
I really like the big box. It's nice and tidy and you have everything in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars a blast from the past, 20 Mar. 2010
one of the greatest television series ever made at a time when things were still ok. The soundtracks, the characters, the issues, the comments ... all helpful in life and food for thought.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best TV shows in not so perfect edition., 8 Nov. 2012
Kriss (Bedford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Northern Exposure - Season 1-6 Complete (2011 Repackage) [DVD] [1990] (DVD)
I remember watching Northern Exposure in early 90's. Show had really cult following in my country. Love that feelgood atmosphere, series was really nice, sweet and entertaining, but not stupid. NX remains one of my favourite TV shows ever. Definitely 5 star show.
Recently decided to buy repackaged box and I like it. Box looks really nice. Box contains 6 standard DVD cases with 2 to 6 DVDs, makes it very small and handy. There's only 2 problems: no subtitles (english subs only on season 1 & 2) and replacement music.
I must admit that watching this series in early 90's i don't really remember most of the tracks used in the show but replacement music sounds really awful in season 2 & 3. From season 4 it's getting bit better.
I had to take 1 star for these problems. Other than that, show and release is really brilliant, picture quality is very good compare to some other shows from same period.

4.0 out of 5 stars Series 1 and 2 do have Sub-titles, 20 Nov. 2008
flyinghyphen "flyinghyphen" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Sub-titles are English SDH and German for Series 1, English SDH for Series 2; no sub-titles for any of the other series.
The Feature Running Time of the series are (1) 6hrs 7 mins, (2) 5hrs 13mins, (3) 16hrs 52mins, (4) 18hrs 30mins, (5) 17hrs 31mins, (6) 16hrs 54mins.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great., 9 Feb. 2013
I'd forgotten a lot of the quirky characters and the enigmatic stories (Rick and the satellite and Chris and his sex smell) and, of course, the on-going magic between Joel and Maggie. I'm half way through series 3 and I wake up humming the theme tune and can't wait to get my daily fix (I've just retired). I'm truly re-addicted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 20 Mar. 2013
Wife was saying how good it was on TV so we got the box set. Great to watch and worth it

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing can match it!, 17 July 2013
Off the wall, genuinely funny and at times deeply moving series.
You'll have to watch it to see why...words aren't enough!

Northern Exposure - Season 1-6 Complete (2011 Repackage) [DVD] [1990]