Format: DVD|Change

on 4 February 2014
There are basically no extras (apart from series 1 disks), but it is the only way to watch the whole series again.
Worth its price.
on 18 October 2009
This review is not meant to be about the series in itself, which I find great (and that's why I decided to buy it all). It's about the quality of the product. If English is your mother tongue I suppose you'll be very satisfied with this box. I went straightaway to check on the last episode, because I had read negative comments here, but it's all right. What upset me most is that there are not subtitles at all, not even in English for hard of hearing (HOH), with the only exception of series 1. I suppose this is a valuable information for deaf and for anybody who, like me, is a foreigner, though with a good level of English (I can follow the dialogues preatty well, but it would definetely have been better with subtitles).
on 4 January 2015
You remember watching shows years ago and loving them, then watching them more recently and they suck so bad? That doesn't happen with Quantum Leap, IT'S STILL AWESOME!!!

It's possible with old shows to sit there and see the flaws in plot/acting/production which make you cringe a bit. However, even after 15 years, the acting is superb, the plot etc is truly groundbreaking, and the production (whilst limited by the facilities of the late 80s/early 90s) is solid.

If you were a fan back then, you'll still be a fan. Not seen it yet? Then give it a shot, it's one of the best shows from the period
on 1 May 2010
This boxset does contain every broadcast version of this cult TV show but i think they should have added the other version of the last ever episode as two endings were filmed.

If you watched the show you know the ending but I would like to see the unaired version or the option to chose which ending you get to see.

This set is great if you want every episode as on BBC 2 (British TV) If you watched the TV show and want to see it again this boxset gives you that chance and about 72 hours of a great show.

Buy this boxset and enjoy.
on 2 December 2009
Again, I found it much cheaper to get this collection from the UK then here in Canada, mainly due fact it has yet to be released as a complete collection. This is one of my all time favorite TV series and I am going to really enjoying watching it all over again, but in DVD format making it much better to watch on a HD TV. Like Knight Rider & The A-Team, a complete episode guide is included under the top cover. I am slowing replacing all of the TV series I have taped over the years, but only if a series has been released as a Complete Collection.
on 27 February 2010
Working my way through all the dvds at the moment, brings back a lot of memories from when i watched the series as a child. great to have all the episodes. Unfortunatelly a couple of little snags!...some of the dvds do not have subtitles, and not all the episodes run in sequence, but this is due to the changes that were made during editing of the episodes while the series was running. overall a great buy, enjoy.
on 13 February 2010
Awesome. All music is correct as originally aired and no more double-sided discs like the US versions. You will just need a region two player.
on 8 December 2011
They made history with this TV series - I remember being glued to this in the 90s and never ever missing an episode. Its got everything -romance, adventure, horror, comedy and action - but central to the series was the chemistry between Sam and Al played brilliantly by Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell.

No TV series has gripped me as much as this one - the only one in recent history that has come close was 24 -

Quantum Leap is about time travel, however this isn't like other time travel movies or shows - the concept is truely original - The Sci-Fi elements of the show are brilliant while never overbearing on the drama - making it truely universal and understandable for anyone watching the show from the first episode onwards or 'newbies' coming half way through the series. Some episodes can be about touching human relationships and great drama whereas others can have comedic elements or pure dark thrillers.

This is a truely epic show and in my opinion the greatest TV series ever with the best cast in a TV show ever - the performances are always first class in this show and storylines always scripted to tight and riveting stuff.

This is a 'must buy' for fans and a 'must see' for viewers new to this series.
on 7 December 2012
I am so thrilled to have the original series. I have not had enough time to see if there are any problems with all the discs. The package also arrive one day early. I had to get a regional free DVD player, but this is well worth it! To make it even better.... the product cost and shipping was significantly cheaper than when I bought the series from the US. It really is amazing how the original music adds to watching the show. I love it!!
on 2 October 2013
The music is NOT correct on this release ("The Complete Collection"), which is why I'm rating it 4 stars and not 5.

I just did a quick check - Season 4, Episode 13, "Temptation Eyes" is supposed to have the song "I Want to Know What Love Is" by Foreigner. Instead, it was replaced with generic studio music. This ruins the episode for me. It was a very important song for a key part of the episode. As originally aired, they played the entire song by Foreigner - and the actors don't talk. Instead of talking, it's a montage of Sam and Tamlyn going on dates, being together, etc. while the song played. It was basically a Foreigner/Quantum Leap music video. Replacing the song with generic music is a crime against TV shows.

I'm sure there are other songs missing/replaced as well.