5.0 out of 5 stars A classic that deserves a larger audience
I became an avid fan of Quantum Leap when it was first aired on TV. Having bought the box set for myself for Christmas I am now introducing it to my teenage children as we work our way through many hours of excellent family viewing.

The idea of a scientist who leaps from one body to another during different periods in his lifetime enables the makers of the...
Published on 8 Feb. 2010 by Kevin Hawes

3.0 out of 5 stars No subtitles at all, not even for HOH (apart series 1)
Published on 18 Oct. 2009 by Alessandra F.

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars No subtitles at all, not even for HOH (apart series 1), 18 Oct. 2009
This review is not meant to be about the series in itself, which I find great (and that's why I decided to buy it all). It's about the quality of the product. If English is your mother tongue I suppose you'll be very satisfied with this box. I went straightaway to check on the last episode, because I had read negative comments here, but it's all right. What upset me most is that there are not subtitles at all, not even in English for hard of hearing (HOH), with the only exception of series 1. I suppose this is a valuable information for deaf and for anybody who, like me, is a foreigner, though with a good level of English (I can follow the dialogues preatty well, but it would definetely have been better with subtitles).

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it so much, 4 Jan. 2015
S. Henson "3gte" (East Mids UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quantum Leap - Season 1-5 Complete (Repackage) [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
You remember watching shows years ago and loving them, then watching them more recently and they suck so bad? That doesn't happen with Quantum Leap, IT'S STILL AWESOME!!!

It's possible with old shows to sit there and see the flaws in plot/acting/production which make you cringe a bit. However, even after 15 years, the acting is superb, the plot etc is truly groundbreaking, and the production (whilst limited by the facilities of the late 80s/early 90s) is solid.

If you were a fan back then, you'll still be a fan. Not seen it yet? Then give it a shot, it's one of the best shows from the period

5.0 out of 5 stars History and fun all rolled into one..., 5 Feb. 2015
This collection is awesome, and it's made better by the fact that the British version of Quantum Leap has the same music as the show when it was televised. In the US, probably due to licensing issues, the music is changedd, and the music was a big part of contextualizing the different periods Sam (Scott Bakula) visits. Well worth buying a region-free DVD player. Another cool facet of the show is the historical aspect of the stories. My 8 year-old twin daughters always want to know more about the time periods of the various episodes. What a fun way to teach my girls some American history! Cheers!

4.0 out of 5 stars The best of TV, 28 Dec. 2013
I have to admit, I'm a huge Quantum Leap fan, so 4 is the least I would give it. Why only 4? Basically no subtitles, yep that's it. Series one does have a brief intro to each episode, that is dropped for series 2 so this is very much a basic set, no bonus material, no subtitles just excellent drama in each episode. Currently on series 2 (I have to pace myself) means some of my favourite episodes are still to arrive but take it from me. Step into the accelerator and leap back into time to see that when the US really, really tries, it produces excellent TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quantum Leap - The Complete Collection, 2 Dec. 2009
James P. Patterson (Cambridge Bay, NU, Canada) - See all my reviews
Again, I found it much cheaper to get this collection from the UK then here in Canada, mainly due fact it has yet to be released as a complete collection. This is one of my all time favorite TV series and I am going to really enjoying watching it all over again, but in DVD format making it much better to watch on a HD TV. Like Knight Rider & The A-Team, a complete episode guide is included under the top cover. I am slowing replacing all of the TV series I have taped over the years, but only if a series has been released as a Complete Collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars QL complete collection, 13 Feb. 2010
Danniel Gaidula (philadelphia, pa USA) - See all my reviews
Awesome. All music is correct as originally aired and no more double-sided discs like the US versions. You will just need a region two player.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest TV Series ever made, 8 Dec. 2011
They made history with this TV series - I remember being glued to this in the 90s and never ever missing an episode. Its got everything -romance, adventure, horror, comedy and action - but central to the series was the chemistry between Sam and Al played brilliantly by Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell.

No TV series has gripped me as much as this one - the only one in recent history that has come close was 24 -

Quantum Leap is about time travel, however this isn't like other time travel movies or shows - the concept is truely original - The Sci-Fi elements of the show are brilliant while never overbearing on the drama - making it truely universal and understandable for anyone watching the show from the first episode onwards or 'newbies' coming half way through the series. Some episodes can be about touching human relationships and great drama whereas others can have comedic elements or pure dark thrillers.

This is a truely epic show and in my opinion the greatest TV series ever with the best cast in a TV show ever - the performances are always first class in this show and storylines always scripted to tight and riveting stuff.

This is a 'must buy' for fans and a 'must see' for viewers new to this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars The real Quantum Leap is Back !!!!, 7 Dec. 2012
I am so thrilled to have the original series. I have not had enough time to see if there are any problems with all the discs. The package also arrive one day early. I had to get a regional free DVD player, but this is well worth it! To make it even better.... the product cost and shipping was significantly cheaper than when I bought the series from the US. It really is amazing how the original music adds to watching the show. I love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It was as much fun to watch today as it was when it first came out, 14 Feb. 2013
When I saw this boxed set available on Amazon, I jumped on it right away. I remembered the series when it first came out and loved it then. Because the story lines take place all throughout time, you don't get a sense of it being old. Well, except that if it were filmed today, their 'gizmo's' would probably be more sophisticated. Still, that's part of the charm. This is a fun program for all ages.

4.0 out of 5 stars The only way to watch again this wonderful series, 4 Feb. 2014
There are basically no extras (apart from series 1 disks), but it is the only way to watch the whole series again.
Worth its price.