5.0 out of 5 stars My picky cat loves it
Published on 9 April 2012 by Lady Eleanor

3.0 out of 5 stars mmm... gravy!!
well, to me this looks like good stuff - and smells ok. but my two cats will only lick all the gravy off the solid pieces. even if i mash it up, they somehow manage to lick the gravy off, leaving tiny fragments! but they tend to do this with other wet foods too, so i can only conclude that all the flavour is in the gravy...
i've started mixing this with one of...
Published on 23 Feb. 2013 by The Cosmic Whelk

5.0 out of 5 stars My picky cat loves it, 9 April 2012
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Senior Cat Turkey Pouch 12 x 85 g (Misc.)
My cat is 13 now and still very active and healthy. However, he's always been prone to occasional tummy upsets, so I wanted to find a good quality wet food that would be gentle on his stomach, and one that he'd like and not turn his nose up at 2 days later. He's tried Bozita and Porta 21, both high-quality high-meat wet foods, and liked them initially but went off them very quickly. So when I saw James Wellbeloved pouches at Pets at Home, I decided to give them a try.

Well, 2 weeks on and he's still loving them. The pouches are made up of small chunks of turkey in a sauce (which you can mash up if your cat likes his food minced.) They don't smell offensive (unlike some cat foods) and they're a complete food, hypo-allergenic and with no artificial additives, flavours or colourings. Since my cat's been eating them, he hasn't had a single tummy upset and he hasn't (yet) left a single scrap behind, so there's no waste. I'm going to try him on the senior lamb pouches too for some variety, but unfortunately, Amazon and P.A.H don't stock that flavour, so I'll have to order them from somewhere else.

If your cat has digestive problems (due to added cereals and additives) then I highly recommend trying James Wellbeloved wet food as it doesn't contain anything that could upset their tummies. If you buy other foods, please look carefully at the label, as 'complementary' and 'supplementary' cat foods are everywhere and they shouldn't be fed as a permanent diet. But the words 'complementary' and 'supplementary' are often printed in minute writing that's incredibly difficult to read! Finally, you may find your cat eating more of these pouches than his normal food, since although they're high in protein, there don't seem to be that many chunks. My 4kg cat eats 3 pouches a day with a small bowl of Encore biscuits at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 12 Sept. 2012
A. Hook "Hookie" (Norwich) - See all my reviews
My ten year old male cat developed collitis and this food was advised by my local vet along side the JWB turkey dry food, stop using Go Cat, Whiskers all the others and stick with this and (touch wood) my cat hasnt gotten bored with it which he did so often with other wet food and more importantly after 3 months use the collitis has cleared 80%. Hopefully with continued use it will clear up alltogether, without the need for pills!! Quality product.

3.0 out of 5 stars mmm... gravy!!, 23 Feb. 2013
i've started mixing this with one of the Felix wet foods, and more or less get the total mash-up eaten; but since i also give my cats steamed white fish, and Orijen dried kibble, i don't think they're missing out. (Orijen is very high quality food - worth considering, btw.)

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FOR YOUR OLDER CAT, 11 Sept. 2014
Reader (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Great food for an older cats. My cat is older and has some skin issues. And as this is a hypoallergenic food I thought I'd give this a try. There is no issue with him liking the food as he clears his dish every time. He's doing better on this food and has even lost some weight, a good thing as he's overweight. So I'm very happy to carry on feeding him this. Shop around as prices vary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great food for cats, 22 May 2014
Started using this food about eighteen months ago when one elderly cat required extra soft easily digested food. He is still enjoying the soft moist texture.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine choice for a while., 13 July 2014
I alternated this with the lamb pouch flavour and the 'Supacat Complete Food' biscuits. These fared better but that's because I spread them out a further time frame.
One cat preferred these out of the two so he primarily had these whilst the other cat stuck to Go-Cat and Felix, with the odd Whiskers and fresh fish treat on Fridays.

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quickly & well packaged, 28 Aug. 2013
kb5aa (St Albans, Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
Alas this wasn't the answer for our 12 year old pussycat who has a very sensitive stomach and has diabetes. Back to the old faithful bland food that agrees with him. He loved the taste but it didn't love him. The pouches were not easy to squeeze the food out to ensure that you got every last bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars my nephews two cats cant get enough of it,, 3 Mar. 2015
my nephews two cats cant get enough of it, if one of them leaves any the other one eats it by the way they are called ronnie and reggie

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 28 Feb. 2015
Clare Warren (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I'm sure the food is very good but my cat wouldn't touch it. That's cat's for you though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 April 2015