This book is full of cute colourful makes which would delight adults and children alike. The majority of the projects are made with felt so it cuts down on the amount of sewing needed as the edges won't fray. All the projects are designed to be hand stitched.

The projects are divided into 4 main chapters: Needle Felt Fun, Whimsy for the Home, Loveable Plushies and Felt & Fabric. There's also an introductory section covering materials, tools and basic stitches as well as patterns at the back of the book (not full size).

The thing I love the most is the hand drawn diagrams which accompany the step by step instructions, they are painstakingly detailed and beautifully drawn. The majority of the projects are adorable animals, gnomes and fairies, I love the woodland animals. If cutesy creatures and softies are your thing then this is the book for you.

This review originally appeared on The Sewing Directory.
on 7 February 2012
When I buy this book I was a little afraid the dolls would be to small for what I have in mind, but the patterns are easy to copy for what size you want. I already made two of the projects and love them, even if the author uses mostly felt you can substitute it for other materials and even recycle old clothes. I use polar fleece in bright colours and cotton to made the girafe and the elephant and they end up beutifully soft and cudly. I am very happy I did buy it, it is a treasure full of collorfull ideas.
on 4 September 2012
This is a beautiful book, but everyone, especially ladies, need short cuts to fit everything into their lives these days, and if they can make time to do craft work to add quality time to their busy day, they need the templates in craft books to be the right size for use. Not everyone can easily increase template sizes from books to 100%, 140%, etc. There are so many lovely craft books to choose from - I go for the quick, easy versions! I shall be writing reviews for these as and when I reach the stage of ordering materials and beginning crafting!
on 12 January 2012
I bought this book as a gift; but as a sewer I thought I would just have a peek inside. As often the front cover is fab, and most of the things I would make were in this photo. The rest of the book, however is lovely. I just hope the receipient likes it!
on 31 January 2015
I like this book very much. It gives practical and informative advice with visual guidance with each project. Their are about twenty main project. The patterns for them are found at the back of the book that are easily traced or one can make a template. Would recommend.
on 2 October 2012
This is a very sweet collection of projects for all abilities. Accessible, quick projects that make lovely quirky gifts and decorations. Using felt and scraps also economical tutorials! Thrift! X
on 19 December 2012
Love this book, so many cute projects and really easy to follow. Working on the gnome at the moment, but there are projects in there for all sorts of levels
on 10 May 2012
This is a really lovely book. Full of such cute little things that I can't wait to make! It is also a lovely book just to look through.
on 28 December 2012
Good selection of designs nicely put together, templates are easy to transfer and with plenty of helpful tips. Good for beginners too.
on 12 May 2014
I bought this book to try and make some toys for my son but I am a novice at sewing so this was a bit advanced for me