4.0 out of 5 stars Gold standard...'compact' is stretching it though!
Published on 17 May 2011 by Nicolette Laurence

3.0 out of 5 stars Review
Bit chunky and so tiresome to read, the writing is small but it is a good book and i have used it a lot
Published 15 months ago by Gemma young

4.0 out of 5 stars Gold standard...'compact' is stretching it though!, 17 May 2011
Nicolette Laurence "Lunarwillow" (Guernsey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As an RN I consult the Royal Marsden all the time, I couldn't be without a copy. It is so straightforward and helpful, and absolutely excellent for dipping into to refresh knowledge on different procedures. I like this 'student' version too, the multiple choice questions are good to test your knowledge, student or not! Definitely a 5 star book, however I docked a star because based on the book description, I expected this edition to be "compact and portable"...well it is bulky and weighs a ton so I think that is inaccurate :) Great stuff though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hefty, but portable clinical 'bible', 7 May 2011
LJD (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A very comprehensive study-tool and reference 'bible', packed with colour photographs demonstrating procedures, for example the stages of handwashing.

I shall upload some photographs, to give you a flavour - please click on 'user images', above.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 1 May 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is essential and I say that from 22 years as a qualified nurse.

Most if not all NHS trusts base their policies around this book so if you do it this way you'll not get into too much trouble!
It's difficult to argue you're wrong when you quote this book as your source and most importantly you'll not go too far wrong in giving quality research based treatment to your patients.

Most things are covered. Online further content is available. Layout is simple and to the point.

Every nurse should have a copy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for every health student, surely..?, 1 May 2011
LittleReader (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Easy to read and fully comprehensive with colour coded sections, this has proven invaluable to my recent studies. Though Ive been qualified almost 12 yrs, this manual is an excellent way to keep updated in all areas of practice and I really wish Id come across it as a student - highly recommended...

5.0 out of 5 stars Royal Marsden Hospital, how it should be done., 5 May 2011
Mr. B. W. Haynes "b & e haynes" (North Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a thick book, over a thousand pages filled with no nonsense procedures. As a rather older nurse working in the private sector I found that it served as a refresher particularly when unsure of some newer procedures. If only a tome of this sort had been available all those years ago when I trained! I can vouch for the value of this book, the Students Edition is particularly detailed and I think the best edition of this title. I am sure this copy will become a well thumbed and treasured addition to my nursing library.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, 30 Jan 2014
I have just started my first year at university and this was on their reading list. After reading the amazon reviews I have to agree this is perfect for my studies. Other students also advised to buy it as it will be with me forever! Easy to understand and very detailed. Quite wordy and there a pictures which is great. Be warned this is like a bible, in the sense it is just under 2'' thick and heavy, it will be staying at home rather than me carting it everywhere. Apart from that perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Present, 20 Dec 2013
Got as present for daughter doing nursing, will be very beneficial for her when in the lectures and also as a back up at home to learn more that she needs on placement. I would recommend to any of her friends or anyone else going into nursing

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Nov 2013
I bought this book for my granddaughter, who is in her first year of training to be a nurse. She was advised by her tutor to get this book and she is already finding it invaluable. It will also be a great reference book, not only throughout her training, but when she is qualified.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your bible!, 27 Oct 2011
I'm a frist year student nurse, and I find this book really helpful.
Easy to follow, easy to read, lots of examples and rational for everything you need to know throughout your student nursing traning. This book is not as wide as the registered nurse one so its easier to fit in your bag, however its still a good weight to carry round!

After learning skills in class its really useful to read further information on prodeduces and good practice in here. If you only plan on buying one book for your nursing this is it and it will be well worth it.

The book is colour coded into sections making it easier to work your way through the chapters, great indexing.

Not much more to say other than I am so glad I have this book its essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars A definate must have., 21 July 2011
When I read the reviews about this book I didn't realise how thick it would actually be. Was very impressed at the context content and the variety of areas it covered. This book will no doubt be invaluable in helping me when I start my training in September and am looking forward to being able to put what I learn from it into practice throughout and further more into my career.