4.0 out of 5 stars Gold standard...'compact' is stretching it though!
Published on 17 May 2011 by Nicolette Laurence

3.0 out of 5 stars Review
Bit chunky and so tiresome to read, the writing is small but it is a good book and i have used it a lot
Published 14 months ago by Gemma young

4.0 out of 5 stars Gold standard...'compact' is stretching it though!, 17 May 2011
Nicolette Laurence "Lunarwillow" (Guernsey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As an RN I consult the Royal Marsden all the time, I couldn't be without a copy. It is so straightforward and helpful, and absolutely excellent for dipping into to refresh knowledge on different procedures. I like this 'student' version too, the multiple choice questions are good to test your knowledge, student or not! Definitely a 5 star book, however I docked a star because based on the book description, I expected this edition to be "compact and portable"...well it is bulky and weighs a ton so I think that is inaccurate :) Great stuff though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hefty, but portable clinical 'bible', 7 May 2011
LJD (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A very comprehensive study-tool and reference 'bible', packed with colour photographs demonstrating procedures, for example the stages of handwashing.

I shall upload some photographs, to give you a flavour - please click on 'user images', above.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD SOURCE OF INFORMATION, 28 April 2011
Mrs. T. SALMON "upstreamers" (streatham london) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not going to pretend I have read every page of this book, as it as large book of 1040 pages. But I have read sections of it and find it a) easy to find the section I want, and b)very informative and factual, and up to date. Am I qualified to say this, I think so , I have been a nurse now for 26 years and read many nursing books and find this one very easy to navigate around. This would benefit any nursing student , not just those at Royal Marsden , as good nursing care should be the same at any hospital and this book is strong on good nursing care.
It is broken in to 4 parts , and then into chapters , each chapter is colour coded to aid ease of finding the relevent part needed. It is a book in spite of my 26 years nursing that I can see myself dipping into to calrify and up date myself. I strongly recomend.

5.0 out of 5 stars The last word in nursing textbooks, 9 May 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is difficult to heap huge amounts of praise on a textbook but as The Royal Marsden is so comprehensive I think I have to throw my hands up and admit that I cannot find much to fault in this book. Clear, detailed and concise, forget the fact that this text is focused on students, I have to admit it is a godsend for newly qualified and experienced staff nurses. Clearly sectioned with photos and checklists to help the reader to understand and learn procedures and theories - it is the market leader for nursing. Also, it is the not the BIG version but the smaller version ie not pocket size or hand bag sized but certainly not the LARGE size one which can bring tears to your eyes if you try to carry it. Overall an essential buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 1 May 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is essential and I say that from 22 years as a qualified nurse.

Most if not all NHS trusts base their policies around this book so if you do it this way you'll not get into too much trouble!
It's difficult to argue you're wrong when you quote this book as your source and most importantly you'll not go too far wrong in giving quality research based treatment to your patients.

Most things are covered. Online further content is available. Layout is simple and to the point.

Every nurse should have a copy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for every health student, surely..?, 1 May 2011
LittleReader (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Easy to read and fully comprehensive with colour coded sections, this has proven invaluable to my recent studies. Though Ive been qualified almost 12 yrs, this manual is an excellent way to keep updated in all areas of practice and I really wish Id come across it as a student - highly recommended...

5.0 out of 5 stars Royal Marsden Hospital, how it should be done., 5 May 2011
Mr. B. W. Haynes "b & e haynes" (North Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a thick book, over a thousand pages filled with no nonsense procedures. As a rather older nurse working in the private sector I found that it served as a refresher particularly when unsure of some newer procedures. If only a tome of this sort had been available all those years ago when I trained! I can vouch for the value of this book, the Students Edition is particularly detailed and I think the best edition of this title. I am sure this copy will become a well thumbed and treasured addition to my nursing library.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, 30 Jan 2014
I have just started my first year at university and this was on their reading list. After reading the amazon reviews I have to agree this is perfect for my studies. Other students also advised to buy it as it will be with me forever! Easy to understand and very detailed. Quite wordy and there a pictures which is great. Be warned this is like a bible, in the sense it is just under 2'' thick and heavy, it will be staying at home rather than me carting it everywhere. Apart from that perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Present, 20 Dec 2013
Got as present for daughter doing nursing, will be very beneficial for her when in the lectures and also as a back up at home to learn more that she needs on placement. I would recommend to any of her friends or anyone else going into nursing

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Nov 2013
I bought this book for my granddaughter, who is in her first year of training to be a nurse. She was advised by her tutor to get this book and she is already finding it invaluable. It will also be a great reference book, not only throughout her training, but when she is qualified.