5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, easy, no queuing, and no need to travel!
Published 9 months ago by Roxy94

3.0 out of 5 stars Why get this
Why buy this when the newer model TAS4011GB is only £4 more. I was given this model when I ordered the newer one from a supermarket and got it switched luckily without any hassle.
Published 14 months ago by C. Benson

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, easy, no queuing, and no need to travel!, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Bosch TAS2002GB Tassimo T20 Hot Beverage Machine, Gloss Black (Kitchen & Home)
I love costa coffees however £2-£3 per coffee on average is a lot of money with a newborn and it's far to travel just for a coffee in the morning so I bought the Tassimo coffee machine and will never have to travel again to a costa! Once you've bought the machine then it is so easy to get monthly deliveries or even just do one big order with subscribe and save to get the discount and then cancel the subscription.

The Tassimo Holds 1.5L to the maximum fill line shown on the container and roughly 350ml to the minimum fill line also shown on the water container. I use cheap still water which cost roughly 17p for a 2 litre from sainsburys or tescos as this helps to reduce the limescale build up.

With subscribe and save I subscribed to 5 different coffees making it £14.15 a pack so for 40 caramel lattes it's only £0.353 per coffee Bargain for a sweet, creamy, delicious coffee! It's quick and involves no queuing and only takes a matter of seconds once you press start :D.

1,139 of 1,196 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT! LOVE IT! BUY IT!, 16 Nov. 2012
lou taylor - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have been thinking about buying a coffee machine for a few weeks now and did alot of research. And i mean alot! I came here to look at reviews, which? My coffee machine website that compares all coffee machines. I was put off by alot of reviews on here so decided to go to a leading supermarket where "every little helps" so I could inspect it close up. And it just happened they are half price there until xmas :) so I purchased it and as soon as I got home opened it up and fired it up. After filling the water tank up you have to flush the machine which takes all of 2 mins! After that your ready. Stick the pod in and as soon as the lid clicks your ready to go. Its amazingly quick!

Onto the bits you really want to know. I am a coffee connoisseur. I know everything there is to know about coffee :) and I am, if I do say so myself a fab coffee maker! I have various bits n pieces at home for making good coffee. I have a total of 32 glass jars all with fresh ground coffee and coffee flavours I have created myself! So as you can see you now know why I took along time researching coffee machines!
I had a budget of £400 to play with when choosing my machine. But for some unknown reason I kept coming back to this Tassimo Machine and the new Dolce Gusto Machine.
The reviews on both were extremely mixed and to be honest were starting to stress me out with comments like "you are going into a relationship with Tassimo" "the cup size that comes out is small"
As I learned today, the cup stand that comes with the machine knows the size of your cup, you twist to make the stand higher = a small cup and you release to lower the stand = a big cup. So I think thats where people are going wrong. Once the pod is in you press start. Once its ran its cylce the light flashes to manual which you press and hold down for as long or as little as you want to get more coffee. I noticed a comment about watered down coffee so after I used a pod I put it back in and made another cup to taste. Being 100% honest here the second cup was absolutely fine! Wasnt weak or watery! It tasted just the same as the first!
Now then.... onto the choice of Coffee! The day I got the machine the entire Tassimo range was on offer. I got one pack of Cappuccino x 16. One pack of Americano x 16. One pack of Crema x 16 and one pack of Latte Macchiato Caramel. All packs were £3.50. People keep saying theres 16 pods but you only get 8 cups. Um sorry but not true!!! I made a coffee in a big tall Costa Glass and it was filled to the brim!!!

The different coffees I have tried so far are LUSH!! The Caramel was to die for! The Capuccino went down a treat with my Mum and even my Brother muttered a Mmmmmmmmmm thats nice!!

This machine really doesnt have any bad points! If the only bad reviews are on here regarding the cup sizes that does show and prove that the machine itself is a fab wee machine. Its a very cute, quirky design and looks fab on my counter. Another little bonus is you can press the button to have just boiled water and stick a cup under with a tea bag in! So my kettle has been demoted!!

So all in all the Tassino Coffee Machine is a fantastic little gadget. Makes superb Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Horlicks milk, kids Hot Chocolate, English Tea, Thai Tea, Earl Grey, Decaff, Iced coffee, Iced Tea. Every Hot Beverage going!!
Please dont let the odd fussy review put you off.
I am hoping to upload a video of the machine in action to help you Coffee Machine hunters see how it works.

P.S when you buy the machine you have the option of registering it and when you do you are given a £20 voucher to spend at Tassimo Online. You can buy more Pods or accessories. Theres free delivery when you spend over £35 so if you have the £20 voucher and dont make the £35 p+p is £5. And every time you buy you earn points to spend later :) its a win win!!

I really do hope this review helps. I do tend to bang on a bit but when I see something getting bad reviews when it doesnt warrent them I like to defend the item :)

5.0 out of 5 stars a must for coffee lovers, 7 April 2013
Ok, here goes, i love my coffee but try to keep it to one a day so i like to make sure the one i get is a good one and i was fed up spending £1.40 it was adding up £9.80 a week, so i read loads of reviews on coffee machines and settled on this one, it looks good its easy to use and you can order costa coffee americano discs to go with it (my favourite). By the way price around because 3 days after i bought this one for £59.99 at amazon (usual price £99.99) it went on sale in currys at £39.99 (bit pissed off i was). I made my first coffee and was disappointed because it wasn't hot enough, so i made a second cup and it was a lot hotter so now what i do to get the perfect coffee every time is i heat my mug first by putting the cleaning t-disc and press the button and that just runs hot water into my cup so i empty that down the sink and then put my costa disc in and put my now hot mug back in place and hit the button to make my coffee and its always perfect, hot and frothy. Also another little tip is to price your discs in your local supermarket because i can buy my costa discs cheaper in asda than i can with amazon or even with the tassimo site/shop. Hope this helps

3.0 out of 5 stars Why get this, 13 Dec. 2013
C. Benson "Benny" (Ireland) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Costa Lattes, 27 Jun. 2014
Paul (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
Easy to use coffee machine at a good price, and the T-discs aren't too expensive if you shop around.

There's a good choice of coffees, teas and chocolates. I'm no coffee connoisseur, but the quality of the different coffees does seems to vary. I've tried most if not all, and have settled on Costa Latte as by far the best this machine can produce. You get a decent 12oz serving, too. Some of the other Tassimo coffees barely fill half a standard mug.

If you shop around, you can get a pack of 8 Costa Lattes for £4.99, which is about 62p each. (Sometimes there are cheaper offers - a major supermarket recently did 3 packs for £10.) Get some 12oz latte glasses (you can get a set of 6 on Amazon for about £12) and you are sorted!

3.0 out of 5 stars Read this before you buy!, 29 Oct. 2012
If you buy this machine then you are going into a relationship with tassimo as the only discs that work in this machine are T-Discs. I was very excited to get my Tassimo but the excitement faded when I bought my first pack of coffee "Carte Noire Caffe Macchiato" first of all you get 8 creamer discs and 8 coffee discs. You need to use 1 creamer and 1 coffee disc to make one unit so you can only make 8 "cups" of coffee for around £4. Doesn't seem too bad when you think how much Starbucks or Costa costs, but you don't get a lot of coffee for your disc - in real world you need 2 coffee discs and 2 creamer discs to make a real sized mug (that's right, realistically you only get 4 proper coffees from 16 t-discs which is ridiculous). The biggest problem with this machine is that it is a profit deal, they sell you the machine cheap and then make up for it selling you coffee. I'd say if you are a real coffee fan then go with a bean-to-cup machine, this is just too much of a cost to use on day-to-day basis. I drink around 4 - 5 "proper" coffees a day and this is just too expensive. But if you have a one cuppa a day or want to treat the kids to some delicious milka hot chocolate then this machine is for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Skeptical but converted!, 18 Aug. 2013
inky (Perthshire) - See all my reviews
I like my coffee. I've spent too long drinking the ground stuff to drink instant. With this in mind, a coffee maker seemed to be the next obvious kitchen accessory.

Ranging from about a tenner to a grand, the range is bewildering. Even once you've narrowed down your budget, there are hundreds of variants to choose from. And amongst these, two competing disk based models: Senseo and Tassimo. Having done a bit of online research, the decision was obviously going to be another Betamax or VHS gamble (or Blu Ray and HD DVD if you're too young to remember them)...

I opted for this Bosch mainly because the majority of reviews were fairly positive. And it was on special offer at the time of purchase. I'm easily influenced by a special offer!

And I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. The Costa range of Americano and Capuccinos are extremely good. I'd say the Capuccino could give a more expensive 'proper' coffee maker a good run for its money. And once you've used the machine once or twice, you'll find it 2nd nature to use.

Gripes? Some of the non-coffee drinks aren't great. I had high hopes for the hot chocolate but was sorely disappointed with the artificial taste from both varieties tested. And the disks are expensive! About £4-£5 for a pack of 16 drinks (the Costa Americanos) or the same for a paltry 8 Costa Capuccinos. Compared to coffee shop prices, this isn't bad. But compared to drinking ground coffee, it's expensive. And the disks are in no hurry to save the planet - they're binned once used. So, if you're concerned about the environmental impact, probably best to look elsewhere (I didn't see anything in the instructions to indicate the disks can be recycled).

Like a luxury gas guzzling car, it's a great machine that can produce some great results. But you'll need to be prepared to put up with the high running costs.

4.0 out of 5 stars The machine itself is fantastic - no fuss, 7 Nov. 2014
Paul (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
The machine itself is fantastic - no fuss, no warm-up time, no mess... I used to have a Gaggia, but found myself using the caffetiere more and more, purely because it was too cumbersome to make a coffee. With this one, it takes about 20 seconds from start to finish, and the quality of the drink is generally OK.
Now, this brings us to why four stars and not five.
The problem is that the choice of what you can brew it comparatively limited. To the best of my knowledge, there are no third party capsules (t-disks) available, so it has to be Tassimo. I haven't tried the tea yet, but it's Twinings, which instils confidence. Coffee is more problematic: the selection is provided for the most part by instant coffee manufacturers - Kenco, Carte Noire and Jacobs, with the only exception being Costa. I've tried Kenco's Colombian hoping that it would be better than their instant, and it sort of was, but only marginally, nowhere near a good espresso machine quality, and only if you stopped brewing about two-thirds of the way in so that there is some strength in it left; nothing particularly Colombian about the taste, either. I have to admit, however, that the crema was better than anything I could ever make with a real espresso machine.
Carte Noire crema intenso - pretty much the same. Drinkable, but not outstanding.
Costa is by far the best; they don't make espressos at the moment, but if you cut the Americano short, it does it to a large degree.
Tried Cadbury's chocolate, and it was good, although two things caught my attention: first, because each drink consists of two disks - one being the milk - it pushes the price up to something like 50 p per drink. I would much rather prefer to buy just the chocolate disks and use my own milk, there's no need to do it with the machine. I think Suchard are chocolate only (at least they come in 16-drink packages for the same 4-ish pounds). Another one is that when I decided to see what the disk looked like inside and cut the chocolate one open, I've realized that about a fifth of the chocolate actually remained inside. I mean, that's a lot. Not just bits on the sides - there was enough for me to pour it into the cup. So you might want to do that, I don't know. A bit of hassle...

the discs are twenty-odd pence each, which is acceptable. Oh, and you might want to stir the drink; I've noticed that probably because of the thick layer of crema, the liquid doesn't stir in the cup during the brewing, so the strongest stuff is at the bottom.

Overall, I am quite happy with it, although something inside me says I was lucky that Costa's Americano worked out for me taste-wise, that it, it hit the sweet spot. If it didn't, I don't know what I would do - you can't play with different blends and makes, so if you don't like it, you're stuck. A case of try-before-you-buy, perhaps?

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 17 Dec. 2012
I love this! We had a dulce gusto and replaced it with a tassimo! The range of coffee is better and the bar code technology allows the perfect cup to be brewed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, only let down by pricey and limited T-discs, 14 Nov. 2012
This is no doubt a very versatile little machine. It makes a variety of hot bevarages to exacting specifications based on the information contained in the barcode of each 'T-disc'. The price is reasonable, and the build quality is good.

The tassimo is a bit like a printer though - much of your money will go on the consumables, or T-discs as they are known! The range of T-discs available include a variety of coffees including Filter coffees, Espressos, Cappuccinos, creme brule, tirramasu, Teas, Hot chocolates, Herbal teas and probably others I haven't mentioned, however some owners may find the lack of range available on the high street to be a little frustrating.

The website carries the full range of T-discs, and when I purchased mine there was a money off voucher included, making the first large order quite good value, however you need to spend over £25 per order, and over £35 to qualify for free delivery - something to bare in mind.

Maintainance is relatively low; I have owned mine for about 1 1/2 years now, and have only descaled it once. The cleaning disc supplied can be used between different types of drink if required, to reduce taste contamination. Disassembly of the nozzle for further cleaning is a little tricky and fiddly to clean at first, but once you have got the hang of it, can easily be put in the dishwasher.

The cup stand / drip tray can be removed for taller latte glasses / mugs, and can also be put into the dishwasher.

So in summary:

Positives:
+ Quick to make drinks compared to boiling a kettle
+ Includes cleaning disc
+ Good range of T-discs (if bought via website)
+ Clear indication lights - low water, descaling, operating light and top-up light

Negatives
- Fairly small size of water tank
- A bit fiddly to clean
- Quite noisy
- Cost of consumables

In conclusion, I would recommend the tassimo, as it does perform well and guests always enjoy the variety of drinks available as well as the taste. I guess the fact that it is still on the work surface and not consigned to the back of a cupboard (like the breadmaker and chocolate fountain!) is proof of its longevity and appeal as a gadget. But do check out the T-disc prices and availability first.

I award the Tassimo 4 stars overall - losing a star for the cost of the consumables.