on 8 November 2012
Jesus + Nothing = Everything by Tullian Tchividjian is quite honestly one of the Best Christian books I've ever read !!
I have a cupboard full of books, most of which pale into insignificance compared with this.
If religion has become an empty shell and you feel empty and miserable on the inside this is definitely the book for you !!
If I had to choose two books and only two books to keep, and I had to get rid of all of the rest, I would cling to my New King James Bible and Jesus + Nothing = Everything !!
on 17 April 2012
This is a book that makes God's acceptance of us perfectly clear as being based solely on what Jesus has done. It is freeing because we're reminded that it's a done deal and Jesus has done it so we don't have to do anything to add to the work. It's challenging because so often we think we do have to add to what's been done and we can feel that it all depends on us 'doing' something more and secretly we want to because then it's a big tick for us.
I encourage you to read it if you feel God can't accept you because you're a hopeless case.
Think you're a pretty good Christian and God's fortunate to have you on His side? I dare you to read it!
on 5 November 2014
What a great book emphasising the importance of the gospel message and the good news for all. What a wonderful equation as a title, and even as indicated in the book, transposing the equation to read "Everything - Jesus = Nothing". speaks volumes in itself. Highly recommended.
on 21 January 2013
This book points out the true essence of Grace. At the beginning of the book I was thinking of not reading the book at all but as I continued it became more and more revelational. This book is not interesting or inspirational,it is impactful. Put it as a must read for 2013!
on 29 November 2012
This book is fantastic. This takes all the religion out of Christianity and introduces us to a real relationship with Jesus. I recommend this to anyone who is searching for the real truth of Christianity as it was meant to be in the beginning
on 17 January 2015
Really worth a read for anyone feeling that they aren't 'enough' as Christian and may have unwittingly started to believe the lie of performance based religion. Uncomfortable at points but may be the sign of a good book!
on 8 January 2015
Easy to read. Radical. Totally made me re think myself and my Christian walk. I would and have recommended this to christian friends. It is refreshing. My walk with God is closer and I have a new freedom because of it.
on 17 November 2014
Authors understanding and sharing of his experiences of God's grace is freeing,true and liberating. A blessing to anyone trying to do things their own way without Christ.
on 30 June 2012
An exposition and application of Paul's letter to the Colossians, showing how Jesus is the all-satisfying answer to our needs and longings. Written with verve and spiced with examples from the author's life. Potentially life-transforming.
on 28 December 2011
This is the first book I have read by Tullian Tchividjian. I had read an article he wrote on the Gospel Coalition on the same subjection. The book is refreshing and has captured well the nature of the gospel and how it differs from widely preached moralism. I wish every Christian can read this book! I have two quibbles - it is a bit repetitive. I believe the book could have been shorter. My other problem is that it quotes Michael Horton too much. Not that the quotes are out of place, but it does leave the reader thinking, may be I should put this down and just read Horton! But it still a good read!