5.0 out of 5 stars Great equation, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Jesus + Nothing = Everything (Kindle Edition)
This is a book that makes God's acceptance of us perfectly clear as being based solely on what Jesus has done. It is freeing because we're reminded that it's a done deal and Jesus has done it so we don't have to do anything to add to the work. It's challenging because so often we think we do have to add to what's been done and we can feel that it all depends on us 'doing' something more and secretly we want to because then it's a big tick for us.
I encourage you to read it if you feel God can't accept you because you're a hopeless case.
Think you're a pretty good Christian and God's fortunate to have you on His side? I dare you to read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Life Changing Book, 29 Nov 2012
This book is fantastic. This takes all the religion out of Christianity and introduces us to a real relationship with Jesus. I recommend this to anyone who is searching for the real truth of Christianity as it was meant to be in the beginning

4.0 out of 5 stars Truly encouraging, 30 Jun 2012
Retroguy (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
An exposition and application of Paul's letter to the Colossians, showing how Jesus is the all-satisfying answer to our needs and longings. Written with verve and spiced with examples from the author's life. Potentially life-transforming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Encouraging and helpful, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Jesus + Nothing = Everything (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book. A timely reminder of the immensity of God's grace to us in Jesus Christ. A great strength of the book is that it is theology grounded in the author's experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unconditional Love and Truth, 8 Nov 2012
Jesus + Nothing = Everything by Tullian Tchividjian is quite honestly one of the Best Christian books I've ever read !!
I have a cupboard full of books, most of which pale into insignificance compared with this.
If religion has become an empty shell and you feel empty and miserable on the inside this is definitely the book for you !!
If I had to choose two books and only two books to keep, and I had to get rid of all of the rest, I would cling to my New King James Bible and Jesus + Nothing = Everything !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Impactful, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Jesus + Nothing = Everything (Kindle Edition)
This book points out the true essence of Grace. At the beginning of the book I was thinking of not reading the book at all but as I continued it became more and more revelational. This book is not interesting or inspirational,it is impactful. Put it as a must read for 2013!

4.0 out of 5 stars An important read!, 28 Dec 2011
This review is from: Jesus + Nothing = Everything (Kindle Edition)
This is the first book I have read by Tullian Tchividjian. I had read an article he wrote on the Gospel Coalition on the same subjection. The book is refreshing and has captured well the nature of the gospel and how it differs from widely preached moralism. I wish every Christian can read this book! I have two quibbles - it is a bit repetitive. I believe the book could have been shorter. My other problem is that it quotes Michael Horton too much. Not that the quotes are out of place, but it does leave the reader thinking, may be I should put this down and just read Horton! But it still a good read!

ARRAY(0xa6e1960c)