Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.39

on 9 July 2013
I struggled with Antoinette Stockenberg's A Charmed Place, finding it quite slow but this book is a page turner from the very first page. Helen's character is great, believable and likeable as is Nat's. I think this would be classed as Romantic Suspense and the story was gripping. Excellent.
on 10 July 2013
I saw this book on the free book list and thought I would give it a try. It turned out to be an enjoyable read with elements of suspense, romance and the supernatural. The story revolves around Helen and the challenges she faces as a single parent to two teenagers who is also trying to run her own business and take her first tentative steps towards a new romance with a man who has lost his wife in mysterious circumstances. Helen's attempts to investigate this death lead to a number of incidents which threaten all that she holds dear. Kept me gripped until the end and I will definitely be reading more from this author.
on 17 July 2013
This book was different to my normal books but I thought I would give it a go. I do like a bit of murder mystery and romance and this one ticked both boxes. The ghostly happenings weren't over the top and were believable. The book is well written and another enjoyable Antoinnette Stockenberg book.
on 29 August 2013
I enjoyed this book,with its mixture of mystery, murder, hint of witch craft ,greed, power games and love.
A well written story that had a theme very much like that of that the film "The hand that rocks the cradle" . The story line worked well and the characters unfolded themselves as the story itself was revealed. Overall a believable read "Good over comes Evil." And love conquers all with a little help from beyond the grave .
A heart warming tale with a hint of mischief.
A few spelling and punctuation errors but this didn't take away from the story itself as it was good enough for the reader to forgive such mistakes.
on 20 July 2013
Yes it's American,but well written,to cross the channel for British readers.
Easy to read good plot lines,characters believable.
Enjoyable book.
on 10 July 2013
Excellent mixture of romance, thriller, ghost story and mystery. Thoroughly enjoyable and gripping to the end.
Recommended read for holidays.
on 24 July 2013
I really enjoyed it, the characters were interesting and was kept gripped especially towards the end. Don't be put off by the witches thing in it, it's just a small thing that really up nicely in the story. There's romance, heartache, and a kinda sadness to it, with the character Linda, but cleverly done too! Definitely would recommend this book!
on 4 July 2013
Not my favourite Antoinette book by far.
The main character is lacking something you just wouldnt let things go this far without take some action! Wont say too much and spoil the read for anyone else but I found myself getting frustrated with Helen on numerous counts.
Overall not a bad read and some lovely moments.
on 12 August 2013
Generally I really enjoyed this story, though there were some events that didn't come across as completely believable. I loved the little girl's character, and Peaches the nanny and it was interesting learning about the witchcraft and history in Salem. A good length and a pretty satisfying ending.
on 27 August 2013
I did actually enjoy this book. I never really like modern fantasy novels, they seem to be lacking compared to the good old writers of "olden" days. But this was so different that it swept me along with it. It was a good experience and I amglad I read it.