5.0 out of 5 stars forget power dvd
After having no end of trouble with power dvd and blu-ray saying I had changed the region more that 5 times when all i did was upgrade to the next version and they will not tell you how to rectify so I jumped into WinDVD. Works like a dream with Blu-Ray and DVD so good bye power dvd.
Published on 17 Sep 2012 by AgedRockApe

I bought this software based on the reviews of other people praising this software.
Used various PowerDVD versions in the past without any problems and never had any problems with that software, but went over to WinDVD Pro 11 Pro to check how that software works on my newly purchased laptop.
Installed it on my laptop which has an Intel graphics card and an...
Published 20 months ago by Reusla

5.0 out of 5 stars forget power dvd, 17 Sep 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 May 2012
This review is from: Corel WinDVD 11 Pro (PC) (CD-ROM)
Got to agree with other people, this is better than Power DVD 12.
I have been using Power DVD for some time, but since updating to 12 it has started to play up.
Since buying and using WinDVD I have had no trouble.

1.0 out of 5 stars Forget this software when using Nvidia Optimus on laptop with Intel graphics card, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Corel WinDVD 11 Pro (PC) (CD-ROM)
Installed it on my laptop which has an Intel graphics card and an additional NVidia graphics card which kicks into gear using NVidia Optimus software when heavy graphic applications are started.

To my horror it is NOT possible to play Blu-rays (which is the main reason to buy this software) on my machine, because a requestor appears which mentions I should update the graphic card drivers.
All my drivers are up-to-date which is not the problem, but the real reason why this software will not play Blu-rays is that it NEVER switches to the NVidia card when Blu-rays are being played. It remains using the internal Intel graphics card, which obviously cannot cope playing Blu-rays due to performance restrictions.

Contacted the Customer Support of Corel, but they just keep giving nonsense info (the problem is always my laptop and not the "software" they sell, even though a lot of other people share the same problem I have) and zero support.
I've had it with this product, a waste of money on a product with a very bad Customer Support.
Be warned and try a trial version first (as I should have done but unfortunately didn't).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great For Windows 7, 16 Nov 2012
This review is from: Corel WinDVD 11 Pro (PC) (CD-ROM)
Great player for Windows 7 but it is not compatible with Windows 8 with any settings :(
Don't fall for the "run it in compatibility mode" ruse, it wont work.
I know upgrading can mean binning some progs but was kind of hoping Corel would patch it or roll out Windvd 12 by now.
The only chance of getting something useful from this prog in Win8 is to use the CODECS in another player. But even that's not good or easy.

1.0 out of 5 stars day light robbery, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Corel WinDVD 11 Pro (PC) (CD-ROM)
I held up my part of the deal and paid for this expensive sham people should be made a where that this product simply does not work it has all the bells and whistle's then just keeps crashing. I have an power full and driver updated computer. and occasionally enjoy the trills of 3D and blue ray movies this I was promised with this thing. Forget there SUPPORT service you may as well hold a séance no body home. And the update I've tried that dead, dead, dead it would not even start. what's the point of putting an up date out that don't work. utter rubbish I like honest reviews to make people a wear.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, and more reliable than power DVD 11 Ultra, 31 Jan 2012
This review is from: Corel WinDVD 11 Pro (PC) (CD-ROM)
I used a trial version of Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 Ultra (PC), and although it had a really nice interface, when playing blu rays on my pc it kept crashing, causing weird interference problems etc.

Then someone mentioned Corel WinDVD 11 Pro, and whereas it doesn't have as nice an interface, it doesn't seem to be creating this problem at all (touch wood), so I downloaded the trial version of that, worked fine, so when it expired I decided to purchase the software package directly from amazon.

The reason for it being 4 stars, is because it is FAR too expensive. If it were only 40, I'd give it 5 easily. I'm guessing it's because it has 3D glasses included (which I don't need at all, to be honest).

So in my opinion, Corel should sell this product at a cheaper price for about £40 and not include the glasses. If people want them, they can always buy them separately.

If you were disappointed with power dvd 11's unreliability, then download the trial version of Corel, and see how you get on with that. But just bear in mind it does have quite an ugly interface and is not as user friendly or fancy (pretty). But what would you rather have, buggy nice looking software, or minimalist software that does the job it's supposed to?

If this one starts to bug out and crash on me as well, I may update my review and let people know in the future (and be quite annoyed that I wasted almost 60 quid).

But so far, more reliable (albeit more expensive) than Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 Ultra (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars Corel WinDVD 11 Pro, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: Corel WinDVD 11 Pro (PC) (CD-ROM)
Having upgraded to Windows 7, my previous version of WinDVD was not compatible, so I thought it was time to upgrade. Expecting it to be as good as, if not better than WinDVD 6, I was disappointed to find that some of the functionality had been removed. Some of the keyboard shortcuts (such as F for Fast Forward, R for Reverse or Ctrl + B for replay the last few seconds) are no longer supported. Also, one of the things I liked about the previous version was the ability to remove the control panel with a click of the mouse. Now, in line with other similar products, the control panel slowly disappears from view after a few seconds of viewing. (NB: A click of the mouse will still work provided you do not move the cursor!)
All in all, this is a stable product. Unlike PowerDVD, however, there is no support for programs on the web. This product is good, but is expensive for what it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good pice of software to have, 8 Dec 2013
Graham Little (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corel WinDVD 11 Pro (PC) (CD-ROM)
I tried other DVD software before buying this one, the others just glued my computer up, this one runs well, the picture clarity is excellent , with 1080p possible, and ,since its on disc less chance of viruses from downloading the software from the internet. Simple to use , would recommend .

4.0 out of 5 stars windvd pro 11, 22 Dec 2011
This review is from: Corel WinDVD 11 Pro (PC) (CD-ROM)
you get one cd 3d glasses for £56.97 though this isnt amazon its just crazy i know it costs more in the shops. i dont know how they can justify charging that much, no wonder people do ileagal downloads anyhows im moaning and digressing do apologize but its coming upto christas need my little rant...
having recently purchasing a sony Vaio that plays blu-rays. wasnt to happy with the blu ray media wasnt loud and kept needing updating to play blu-rays then you update and a week again needed updating and couldnt update blah blah blah.... managed to download a trial version of windvd pro 11, and found the volume was brilliant and a much more reliable software.... will be truthful did consider an illeagal download over paying this much, but decided to be a good boy... or a fool depending on how you think... would be 5 stars but price is well steep for a software :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Divx a no no, 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: Corel WinDVD 11 Pro (PC) (CD-ROM)
Got this on trial for a month to play DVDs and divx movies , while it did play DVD on my PC. It would not playback divx . I have probably the worst DVD player in the world ( toshiba ) won't play DVDs but it does manage to play divx files.mind you the toshiba DVD player only cost half the cost of this software. ? Confused

Corel WinDVD 11 Pro (PC)
Corel WinDVD 11 Pro (PC) by Corel (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)