5.0 out of 5 stars The end of my networking problems!
I belong to the group of people who have been given a BT Home Hub 3 when they got their internet connection. The Home Hub is a very good looking device but a poor performer as a router.

I have two wireless access points at home and one day I decided that I had enough of the continuous WiFi disconnections on my laptop, trouble with mobile phone WiFi connection,...
Published on 26 July 2012 by RD

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor range extender
I bought this router primarily because I needed to increase the range of my home Wi-Fi and secondly I hoped for better performance. I was disappointed to find very little range increase over the free Home Hub 3 supplied by BT. I therefore ended up buying a Netgear range extender as well so I ended up spending a lot more than I planned.
Published 16 months ago by Danny boy

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars I thought Netgear is supposed to get better ..., 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (Accessory)
If you ever used the DG834 series, you will absolutely hate this one. If I didn't wait so long I'd return it with no hesitation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Incompatible with BT Vision/BT Sport, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (Accessory)
This box has been popular with BT Infinity customers wanting it to replace their HomeHub3 or 4. But what no-one realised is that it does not handle multicast traffic - which means you can't use it if you subscibe to BT Vision and want to watch BT Sport through it.

Just to repeat: This box DOES NOT WORK with BT Sport multicast TV channels.

Unfortunately I discovered this too late to return it..

1.0 out of 5 stars poor product, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (Accessory)
I was looking forward to linking this up and the reviews on looked good although many people have commented that when they received it the firmware was corrupt I thought they must be unlucky surely that can`t happen to me.
I followed the setup instructions to the letter very carefully after all I am computer savvy, Only to find I to had the corrupt firmware also and tried all day to logon to the router with no success at all using a brand new computer with windows 8 installed, I gave up and reconnected my Dlink 615 no problem at all.

I am very dissapointed with the device as I really wanted it to be as described so I am returning it back I will have to look again at more models that work 1st time

1.0 out of 5 stars POOR FOR ONLINE GAME already broken, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (Accessory)
I have loved Netgear stuff and swore by them and was really pleased to receive this router...

But now I have lost all faith in netgear...

I have had this router for over a month now and its broken. Wireless cut off and now it won't even connect to the internet. I tried resetting it etc without any luck.

Unfortunately I cannot get a refund since amazon's return window has expired and I am not left to deal with netgear alone.

please amazon let me return it to you for a refund instead??

Online gaming is terrible. I get disconnections all the time and it ruins the online experience totally.

I have since gone back to using the ISP supplied router and it is fantastic, not a single disconnection online with my PS3. I have a fibre connection at 80mb download and 20mb upload speed.

Overall I would recommend people to avoid this router. Do not get fooled by the brand name and the expensive price tag.

1.0 out of 5 stars Built in Obsolescence, 27 Jun 2012
This review is from: Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (Accessory)
The N900 is the replacement for the DGN3500 and earlier models that I have owned and have performed badly after a brief period. This seems a deliberate ploy to me since if you experience a problem you are very efficiently directed to Netgear's 90 support service.

If buying you would be wise to budget to spend the same again in a year or so's time in my experience. Everything about their free customer service is so bad I do not believe it can be a coincidence. see my review of the DGN3500

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time and money, 13 Mar 2013
This review is from: Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (Accessory)
I can never get back the time i've wasted trying to get the Router to function correctly.

Wired connection = fine.

Wireless connection (the reason I bought it) = terrible.

I've spend hours (and hours) on the phone with Netgear technical support yet despite this, the Router still continually 'drops' it's wireless connection. In fact, since I bought the product in Jan 2013, it's *never* once maintained a stable wireless connection over a 24 hour period.

My advice? If you're considering buying this Router, please DON'T waste your time and money.

It's an absolutely terrible all round product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (Accessory)
450 Mbps per channel ? 67 Mbps tops, a very poor product for the price. Set a password and it takes 3 mins to save it, the Perspex stand is fixed/un removable so this product is not fit for purpose until someone program's the software in it and that comes with it I.e. genie to work as promoted. Yes it's poo!

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE NETGEAR SERVICE, 19 Oct 2012
This review is from: Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (Accessory)
IT WOULD GET ZERO IF POSSIBLE (THE PRODUCT MAY WELL BE GREAT (MINE ARRIVED FAULTY SO COULD NOT TRY IT), BUT IF YOU GET A FAULTY ONE THE NETGEAR AFTER SALES SERVICE IS DIRE).

I BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT IN GOOD FAITH AND HAVING DILIGENTLY UNWRAPPED AND CONNECTED IT, FOUND THAT IT DID NOT WORK. TRIED MANY THINGS AND BEGAN A DIALOGUE WITH THE NETGEAR SUPPORT SYSTEM ONLINE. FOLLOWED ALL THEIR INSTRUCTIONS OVER A TWO DAY PERIOD, ONLY TO BE TOLD THAT THE ITEM WAS INDEED FAULTY DUE TO CORRUPT FIRMWARE AND WOULD NEED TO BE REPLACED.
NETGEAR SENT AN RMA NUMBER AND AT A COST OF 10 I SENT THE ITEM TO NETGEAR'S UK DISTRIBUTOR (A NOVO). I LEFT IT A COUPLE OF DAYS AND THEN CALLED THE DISTRIBUTOR TO CHECK ON PROGRESS.
`YES WE HAVE YOUR RETURNED ITEM, BUT WE HAVE NO REPLACEMENT STOCK AND DO NOT KNOW WHEN NETGEAR WILL SEND US ANY MORE, YOU HAD BETTER CALL NETGEAR'.
I DID THIS (A FEW MORE PENNIES DOWN THE DRAIN IN PHONE CALLS), ONLY TO BE TOLD THAT THEY WOULD LOOK INTO IT AND CALL ME BACK NEXT WEDNESDAY TO GIVE ME A STATUS UPDATE!

I AM NOW WITHOUT THE PRODUCT, OUT OF POCKET AND NOT IN A SITUATION TO BE ABLE TO RETURN THE ITEM TO AMAZON FOR A REFUND. OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE NETGEAR, I THINK NOT!

If you purchase one of these routers and its faulty, be wary and don't get involved with Netgear, just repackage it and get it straight back to Amazon. If only I had done the same.

1.0 out of 5 stars Customer service, 30 Sep 2012
This review is from: Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (Accessory)
Awful item.' Does not do what it says on the tin' still waiting for the items to be returned (they sent me another one after letting them know that it was not performing) I hope they send me the boxes ASAP so I may forget of this terrible experience

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (Accessory)
If you are buying this router to use with the isp sky then don't bother.
Tried to set up for my fibre optic broadband and became stuck with no internet connection and admitted defeat and contacted Netgear customer service to be told that I would require a login and password from my isp.

With this information I contacted my isp sky only to have them point blank refuse to give me this information there reason bein that they sky hub router has no such thing.

Needless to say the Netgear is in the process of being returned

EXTREAMELY DISAPPOINTED