5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kindle Cover
I received this cover today. I had done a lot of research on the available covers and was leaning toward a flip stand case but decided on this instead. I am so glad i did this one is much better than the flip,it feels more like reading a real book.
The colour is a bit darker than the photo shows, but looks a lot nicer darker!
The cover fits the kindle great and...
Published on 13 Oct 2010 by Joseph Gilbert

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect
I'm still waiting to find the perfect case for my kindle but it seems one hasn't been made yet, until it is this is one of the better options.
It gives a reasonable amount of protection and the natural hemp is attractive and has a nice feel.
Two small niggles are:
Published on 12 Jan 2011 by SDS

‹ Previous | 1 2 337 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Eco-Nique Kindle cover, 2 Nov 2010
This is a comfortable cover to hold, and has the added advantage of containing a sleeve to hold an identification, a few papers, as well a holder for a pen. This makes it so much more useful than a simple cover. My only criticism is that the clip should be a Velcro seal, but that is a minor consideration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality and Service, 12 Oct 2010
I just received this item today and am very pleased. It was dispatched the day after I placed the order and arrived 2 days earlier than the lower delivery estimate.

The case itself looks (and feels) to be very well made. All of the buttons are easy to access when the Kindle is inside the case and the case does not add much weight. I like the little touches, such as the small metal grills over the speakers and the pen holder.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect, 12 Jan 2011
Two small niggles are:
The press stud fastener is annoyingly fiddly and difficult to close (manufacturer could easily fix this by substituting Velcro as they have on the tab which holds the kindle in the case), and the case bulks the kindle up a LOT.
However the main problem for me is that when reading with the flap folded back what you are in contact with most is the plastic/faux leather of the pocket on the inside of the front flap and to me it feels horrible. Consequently though initially impressed I am no longer using the cover at home but have been unable to find a better option. Reviews seem to indicate that the official Amazon case actually damages the Kindle or causes it to malfunction and a silicone one I purchased made the page turn keys unusable, so I'm still looking! If you find the perfect case first please leave a review to help the rest of us find it.

May 2011:
Found my perfect case at last, it's a tuff luv saddleback leather flap over case (too expensive on Amazon, bought from Tuff Luv on eBay) which is perfect for me. I much prefer the flap over/notebook style case. Hope you find the perfect case for you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hemp Case a Winner, 10 Oct 2010
The hemp case for the kindle is great. It is relatively light yet protects it well and does not interfere with the kindle's operational use. I like the space for the notepad and the pen - it means that I can jot down the cost when my finger hits the buy button ( so easy to do - very cunning of Amazon). I am sure that seeing what I have already bought will help restrain me. I like the non slip surface and its simplicity. I also like the eco credentials.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally brilliant!, 18 Nov 2011
This review is from: Tuff-Luv Natural Hemp case cover for Amazon Kindle 4 / 6" E-Ink (Book Style) - 'Mocha' Brown (Accessory)
My case just arrived. First impression - really well manufactured. Kindle fits perfectly so no shadows appear on the screen. The outer material is very nice in touch. The whole is very handy, lies conveniently in your hand and you can easily read with just one hand holding it. The case is quite light so event with Kindle inside you won't fell much difference.
Finally my Kindle is safe :-)

Really worth buing it. Totally recommended !

5.0 out of 5 stars It's eco! It's unique! It's Eco-nique!, 8 Nov 2010
Now this is a tasty little thing. There's something achingly personal about it - like a family tome passed down through the ages or a book of your secrets sequestered over time.

The little things were what I really love about this: the soft leather lining, the feeling of the woven hemp, the satisfying click of the button as you snap it shut and sigh after a good read.

Seriously, the Amazon cover is ludicrously expensive for what it is, and for about two-thirds of the price you're getting something with a lot more character.

Actually scratch that. You don't want to buy this, do you? That'd stop it from being unique. Shoo!

(Long story short: as a cover, it does the job as well as any)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent disguise too, 10 Oct 2010
I love this cover: the padding feels protective the fake leather interior is solid. But I really like the way it looks like a book so I don't look like I'm showing off when I read it on the bus. I do use the penclip but found most pens were too fat and stopped the case from closing neatly or slid through. The interior pocket is useful for holding index cards if you want to make notes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tuff-Luv Hemp Kindle Case, 13 Jan 2012
A very handsome alternative to all the faux-leather Kindle cases on Amazon!

The hemp fiber feels very tough and thick, and feels like it's possibly reinforced with a hard card sandwiched between the hemp fabric? Faux-leather inner, which may not be so durable, but as it's only on the inside of the case it hopefully won't be subject to much wear and tear. The use of these 2 different materials really adds to the aesthetics of this case, in my opinion.

The Kindle 4 fits inside the case sleeve very snugly and securely, with a little velcro tab at the top of the sleeve to make absolutely certain that your kindle cannot slide out when you do not want it to (the top of the sleeve is the only point of access for sliding the Kindle in and out). The case in its' entirety is also reassuringly secure, with a mechanical popper allowing you to close the case properly in on itself whilst the kindle is not in use / inside your bag.

The 'spine' of the case is much more flexible than the covers, allowing you to fold the front cover onto the back with ease, for a comfortable one-handed reading position, and all of the Kindles' buttons and charging port are fully accessible whilst in the case.

The only criticism for me is that the colour of the hemp is a fair bit darker, more of a rusty brown, than the Amazon photos depict. I think I can just about live with that though ;-)

All in all, a very nice quality case for a very reasonable price (when I ordered it, it was just £18, but I would still recommend it at the full RRP of a few quid more).

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 8 Jan 2012
H. Young - See all my reviews
This is a great item!. Colour is somewhat darker than that shown but that means it just doesn't show up any dirt quite so easily! Looks hard-wearing but is very comfortable to touch. It doesn't feel heavy and holds my Kindle very nicely. The only drawback I can think of is that the velcro patch at the top (to keep the Kindle in place) is a little distracting at times, especially if I'm reading at night in less than ideal lighting.

Very impressed and will certainly look at other Tuff-Luv products in future. Worth ever penny as far as I'm concerned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the picture, 11 July 2011
Clivuss (Teesside, UK) - See all my reviews
I had my concerns when I first ordered one of these, since the price was set fairly low in comparison to other, much more expensive offerings on the Amazon UK website. As an aside, the Kindle itself was to be a Christmas gift for my technophobe wife, who, within minutes of me secretly ordering the Kindle on-line from my notebook, saw an advertisement for the Kindle on TV and turned to me, announcing to my abject horror "You won't ever catch me using one of those things - I can't see the point in them!!!".

I'm glad that I trusted my instincts and went ahead though - I also bought this cover at the same time to detract from the technological "feel" of the Kindle.

......So let me dispel any anxiety you may have if you are considering purchasing one of these Eco-Nique Hessian covers yourself.

The Eco-Nique Kindle Natural Hemp book cover is much better quality than any web-site's picture of it would have you imagine. It gives a lovely book-like and natural "feel" and texture (and dare I say, even an almost book-like "aroma") to the Kindle. The case is of very high quality and fits the latest Kindle perfectly. The hessian covering also gives you a natural grip on your Kindle when reading - and is particularly comfortable to hold if, for instance, you are reading outside on a hot summer's day (As if such a thing occurs in the UK).

If you ever had any concern that reading using an electronic hi-tech Kindle would mean that you lose some of the character of holding and reading a "real" book, then this is just the thing for for you and I'm certain that you won't regret buying this particular cover at all - especially as it is priced so competetively.

As it turned out, my wife absolutely loves her kindle and is hardly ever without it now - phew!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 337 | Next ›