on 11 January 2014
Living in Morecambe I well remember the tragedy of the cockle pickers on that freezing night. Christy's poignant lyrics are a stark reminder of that tragedy. Beautifully sung and with real feeling. A sad but beautiful song. Should be heard by more as a reminder of the lengths some people have to go to provide for their families far away and the disasters that can befall them.
on 20 February 2012
I heard Christy Moore interviewed on radio 4 and at the end of the interview he sang On Morecambe Bay - and I had to get my own copy. Written by Kevin Littlewood and perfectly sung by Christy Moore. It is a 3 minute masterpiece.
on 30 January 2014
Saw Christy Moore on TV performing this song at the BBC Radio2 Folk Awards: a wonderful song, but I especially love it as I'm a fan of Morecambe Bay. (Went on to buy the album, which is equally powerful)
on 11 February 2012
I saw this song performed on the Radio 2 Folk Awards on TV, and thought it sad, but hauntingly beautiful.So pleased I can download it to listen to again.