4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to Work...
My 13yr old female spayed cat has, for the past 12 months, been having problems with spraying and peeing around the house. She has always been a bit of a sensitive flower but despite being given all the attention, care, food and shelter she has always had and wanted, she seemed to go through a phase of being especially upset, and the weeing seemed to be stress-induced,...
Published 17 months ago by Ms. Pj Hawcroft

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value
Tablets recommended by vet to calm down aging cat who was not too happy with new cats coming into house. Tablets seem to help a bit and are cheaper on line. Also arrived very quickly
Published on 5 Oct. 2012 by hilsa666

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Protexin Veterinary Cystophan Capsules, Pack of 30 Capsules (Misc.)
Since using Cystophan, my cat's cystitis has not returned. I will keep you posted about further development.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hoping this helps our cat, 29 Jun. 2014
Fruitcake (Petts Wood, Kent) - See all my reviews
Haven't purchased these from Amazon because I can get it slightly cheaper elsewhere, but were given the first 30 capsules from our vet (extortionate price) after our cat's 2nd bout of cystitis. 2 x daily for first 2 weeks, then drop down to 1 x day.

1st bout of FIC was 2 months ago and I only just caught the problem in time by taking cat to the vet 24 hours before due appointment (for something seemingly unrelated). But now I wonder if scratching his forehead until it bled was because he was in trouble passing urine. Vet told us cat could have died within 24/48 hours if we hadn't brought him in early. I was utterly shocked and upset. 2nd bout I saw the 'signs' - a crying miaow after coming in from the garden and a paw mark in his litter tray with nothing left behind. But I'd give anything not to put our 11 year old cat through the stress of being anaesthetised to have his bladder emptied. Vet recommended this product and our cat will now have it for the rest of his life, along with his special Hills urinary stress diet which, after 2 months, I'm now having to mix with a spoonful of his favourite Felix food to induce him to eat it - along with a tablespoon of water with each feed. Cats with this problem should NOT be given dry food if at all possible - WET only with added water to make sure they flush their bladder through especially if, like ours, the cat will simply not drink from any source.

I'm a novice at looking after a cat because he has been adopted by us from my mother who had to go into a care home. Big changes for him ... from a completely different environment - a house where it was very quiet, (he slept all the time in Mum's garden room), from an area where there was no traffic, no noise, to one where there is always noise (people working in gardens. light aircraft going over), occasional road traffic, and a house where there is always something going on - TV, us talking (or shouting!). I feel we bear some responsibility for his condition but the alternative was for him to probably spend the rest of his life in a cats home - where he would have been left and unloved. At least with us, he is very loved and cared for and we will do whatever it takes to keep him healthy. So far so good with Cystophan which is now administered once a day. But I have to disguise it well in his food ... if he sees any white flecks in it, he will not eat it!

3.0 out of 5 stars I can't really say, 16 Feb. 2014
Ms. J. Young "jennie1701" (Worcester England) - See all my reviews
I got the item and put some on my cats dinner and she refused to touch it as she is a fussy cat so I can't say if the product works but it can't be that palatable to cats

4.0 out of 5 stars cat, 31 Dec. 2013
these helped my cat as she was very old and was having trouble with her bladder sadly i lost my little lady two weeks ago but i would say thankyou for these tablets they helped her a lot

4.0 out of 5 stars Tablets., 5 Dec. 2013
Good product as I have bought these before gut just too pricey to get through Amason as I can usually get them cheaper elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 14 May 2013
These little tablets have worked wonders for our cat. He has been at death's door and treated (at huge cost) by the vet who has now suggested that he needs antibiotics, anti inflammatories and remedial surgery to sort out his 'narrow urether'. Clearly the vet didn't have a cure so was throwing everything at us (with bills to match!) so we set out on a DIY path...These tablets have calmed him down and he is now beginning to eat again, he's not anxious anymore (no more biting!) and he seems to be picking up after all his vet visits, which actually stressed him more than ever! It's much cheaper to buy this on the net than at the vets, and I'd recommend this as cat insurance. Plus it must taste good as he eats it.

5.0 out of 5 stars it is brilliant and also helps her cognitively keeping her calm and ..., 20 Feb. 2015
Had this item from my vet so I knew it worked well for my cat she is 16 years old and has chronic kidney failure, it is brilliant and also helps her cognitively keeping her calm and happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with this product, 10 Mar. 2015
Pleased with this product.cheaper than going to the vets.I give my cat 2 a day as soon as her urinary issues return.works every time.hopefully will stay this way.I'm on my 3rd container.

5.0 out of 5 stars These seem to have the same ingredients as Cystaid Plus ..., 16 Sept. 2014
These seem to have the same ingredients as Cystaid Plus and are much cheaper than those prescribed by my vet. Cat is weeing normally now and seems much happier

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for cat cystitis, 2 Feb. 2014
This is given by my vets everytime my poor cat gets cystitis. Trying to give him lots of liquid foods, but he will not touch the normal jellied meats, fish products so we are stuck with dried biscuits and fresh water. This works really well and all his symptoms disappear within a day and does not normally return for up to a year sometimes longer a great product for cats.

Protexin Veterinary Cystophan Capsules, Pack of 30 Capsules