4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality bargain camcorder!
The previous reviewers are right in what they say so I'm not adding much here.I got this camcorder for 129 at Argos on the 15th Dec 2012,it is compact,feels well built,it is light and easy to use.It does not have a plethora of features(which I find quite refreshing these days!)but allows you to shoot decent quality hi-def pictures in 1080p,and,in lesser qualities should...
Published 16 months ago by andy.b.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good in most respects let down by poor autofocus
Bought this camera because (almost alone among it's contemporaries) it allows the use of plug-in microphones. This is brilliant as you get good quality audio from a cheap microphone.

It is compact, light, easy to use and (apart from the autofocus) produces good pictures.

The autofocus is hopeless however. I filmed a car moving towards me and a tent...
Published 19 months ago by John Hardy

3.0 out of 5 stars adequate, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Toshiba Camileo X 400 black (Electronics)
I bought this particular model because of the low price and excellent zoom. However the two main bad points are the sound quality and the difficulty downloading video recordings onto my PC.
The sound is just not right, on playback the pitch has been changed as though the sound is slightly speeded up.
To download video I have to use the software that came with the camera and cannot transfer recordings direct to my PC hard drive. Instead I have to search for them.
For the price it has plenty of facilities, but no touch screen.

4.0 out of 5 stars great camera for the price, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Toshiba Camileo X 400 black (Electronics)
This was my first ever digital camcorder purchase for a family holiday recently. I agree with most other reviews about points raised regarding sound and not being too great in low light conditions. I bought an external mic to enhance audio output and its deffo worth getting a cheap one. I got one on amazon for around 6 quid. I found at times that it went out of focus so had to record for longer. These are the reasons i have given 4 stars. Although the camera is packed with features. Most of which i havent tried due to only using on a few occassions. The images recorded of wildlife i.e seals and parrots was awesome. All in all u cant go wrong. For the price you would be hard pressed to find a better camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Piece of Kit, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Toshiba Camileo X 400 black (Electronics)
It is exactly what we were looking for, it is good looking, the touch screen is large and the ability to take still photos while recording is a great feature. I highly recommend this product if you are thinking which one to buy. You are getting a lot for a little amount of money. A very good bargain buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This a brilliant Camcorder!, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: Toshiba Camileo X 400 black (Electronics)
My son received this product for Christmas, this is what he had to say:
This Camcorder is phenomenal, it films at 1080p at 30fps, that's just what I was looking for!
If you need an incredibly well priced camera for high quality filming.
Five Stars!
Pros:
Good quality filming,
Many video effects (negative, sepia...)

Cons:
Sound is Okay (It has a mic slot so you can buy a mic for cheap!)
Battery life is Okay (you can buy cheap battery's for this camera, they're about 10!)

In summary a brill camcorder!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap....and cheerful, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Toshiba Camileo X 400 black (Electronics)
As per my title.....it is cheap....and as a result its just cheerful. The quality is top notch but that's where the positives end. So what's not good?

- Battery not great - doesn't last as long as it needs to fill a 16Gb card
- Freezes from time to time and needs a battery pull to reset
- Has problems focusing. Will focus in and out for a while before locking in - this is hugely annoying when it happens

I would recommend it at half the price....but at full price you are better off getting something reliable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful Sound, 7 Oct 2012
This review is from: Toshiba Camileo X 400 black (Electronics)
I bought this from Argos 4th Oct 2012 for approx 135 and took it back for a refund the very next day. The hassle from their staff had to be seen to be believed. They did everything in their power to deny me my consumer rights and I am going to make a serious complaint to Argos about this. The camcorder was clearly and obviously broken. So my first piece of advice is this: Do not buy from Argos anything that isn't covered by their usual 30 day money back guarantee, because getting your money back for goods that are clearly broken won't happen unless you are prepared to stand your ground for 20 minutes and refuse to leave without a refund. Even then the assistant told me he was "doing me a favour" in agreeing to the refund. I made it clear it was my right in law.
2nd piece of advice is this: Don't buy this camcorder unless you know you can get a refund. The sound is dreadful due to the extremely low volumn that it records audio at. The sound is so low from the camera itself that the shop assistant had to hold the speaker to his ear in order to hear anything at all! The fist assistant couldn't hear anything. This low volumn recording cannot be adjusted via the camera's set-up menu. There is no facility for this.
I made two test recordings in my bedroom, sitting no more than 2 metres away from the camera. I spoke in a loud voice first using the built-in mic. Then, for my second recording, I attached a proper mic. I transferred the 2 clips to DVD and played them back on my tv. We had to have the volumn on maximum in order to hear anything, and what we did hear was muffled.
I later read the reviews on Argos. One reviewer said he had 2 of these machines with faulty sound.
Apart from the sound, it is a nice piece of kit for the price and I would not complain about its features or picture quality. But without sound, it is of course useless. So unless you know you can get a refund, I would not risk buying it. Also, I do not think Toshiba are making spare batteries for it, but I could be wrong about this.

ARRAY(0xa6a5fee8)