on 6 February 2013
I love the weird and wonderful and this fits the bill. Different to most of the books out there about vampires and other creatures. I have purchased the other 2 books in the series and I am hoping they're as good as the first.
on 18 February 2014
I dislike the girls character she had no depth that would make a broken heart breaking vampire fall for her nor an amazing intriguing personality that make you instantly fall in love plus she had no mysterious or alluring past that drew you in. I like the plot idea of hunters getting powers from the sun ect...... otherwise I wouldn't recommend you buy the whole series
on 12 February 2013
I thought this book was really enjoyable with a classic love triangle between Kira, Luke and Tristan. The only thing is, none of them are normal, Kira and Luke are both conduits, a vampires worst enemy who can channel the sun, and Tristan is a vampire, who is disgusted with the creature he is and tries to be as human as possible. I thought this was a great book and would definitely recommend it to people who like vampire romances. This book is the first in the Midnight Fire Series and I am looking into buying the second book.
VINE VOICEon 26 March 2016
This book may be aimed at the 14 -15 year old market - I can't imagine anyone outwith that age group being naive enough to find it remotely interesting or enjoyable. It plods along like a weary pedestrian, and the characters are flat, boring and frankly unbelievable. Thank goodness it was free!
on 11 August 2013
I found this book fairly enjoyable. I didn't expect to enjoy the book as much as I did as it was free. If your looking for a nice summer read then this is your book. But this is certainly not a fault free book.

At the start of the book (as identified by other reviewers) it bears an uncanny resemblance to Twilight. As Kira sees Tristan (a vampire) and they share looks of longing (eyes rolling). On the first day, everyone in the school goes to the beach which happens in twilight. I also found that the writing was slightly amateur and the book moved along slightly too quickly.

However, as you get further in the book you realise that it bears hardly any resemblance to twilight. If you stick this book out then it gets better as it goes along.

I would have given Ignite 3 stars but as it was free I decide to give it 4 stars.
on 4 May 2013
I would give this 3 stars as I have read some amazing 5 star books lately and unfortunately does not compare. In the beginning it reminded me way to closely of twilight although the vampires are evil. It's just a read that's ok nothing out of the ordinary or special
on 30 December 2014
I enjoyed the book and the storyline as a whole. Parts of it confused me a little e to do with her powers. The only thing that I dislike is who she picks.

*This is going to spoil the book so dont read this part if you havnt read the book yet*

I really disliked how she chose Tristan over Luke. I really didn't like him and Kira as a couple, I liked her with Luke alot better than I liked her with Tristan.

*Spoiler over*

Apart from that, I would suggest this to anyone considering reading this. Enjoyable book:)
on 22 September 2014
This is one of the book where I wasn't quite sure what to expect but it was an interesting, well written and easy to read novel. Good start to this YA series.
on 18 April 2012
(I was given this book for free on a read-to-review basis.)
17-year-old Kira has been away at boarding school for several years, but due to financial troubles she now has to complete her senior year at the high school near to her parents' house.

Starting at her new school, the last thing that Kira expects to have trouble with is vampires. But the gorgeous Tristan is just too good to resist, even if she wanted to.

The trouble is that Tristan is blowing hot and cold, kissing her one minute and running from her the next, and her new friend Luke seems to hate him and she doesn't know why! Kira can't turn her back on Tristan though, she is drawn to him, and what's more he saved her life - surely that must count for something?

Kira doesn't understand Luke's problem until Tristan's friends attack her, and something truly extraordinary happens. What Kira doesn't know is that her parents were conduits - people who could kill or harm vampires. The problem is that her parents were from two different camps (a bit like romeo and juliet), and she is a result of this strange union.

I enjoyed this book. I found it a bit awkward at the beginning, and I got a horrible twilight feeling, which made it difficult to get in to. To be honest it didn't really hold my attention all that well until I was quite a way in, but this did improve at about half way.

The romance between Kira and Tristan was real and sweet, and Luke did his best to help her when she needed him. I liked the new take on killing vampires - it was different to find vampires that can go out in the sun unharmed.

What I didn't like was the whole love-triangle thing. I am so sick of love triangles, and I never liked them to begin with.

Kira's new supernatural powers were interesting and not something I have heard of before, so it will be interesting to see where the story goes from here.
6 out of 10.
(Book length: 3425 kindle locations)
on 3 May 2016
I liked this book and I have got the second one for more curiosity purposes. This genre is my favorite and I love reading different theories and takes on vampires etc but there's so many sames and similarity's to other and better books thus only given 3 stars but I'm intrigued by the conduits and to see how that pans out.