on 5 October 2012
Don't get caught up with the 1 star reviews from the idiots who bought this thinking it was written by someone else.. This is as I suggest `A Thoroughly Enjoyable Read.'

There isn't a great deal of character development, but I didn't mind that and I expect that would come later in the story. The plot isn't meant to be realistic, its meant to be a fun and enjoyable, I mean who watches an action movie and says, "OMG that couldn't happen in real life!"

Like a good Hollywood Blockbuster this is aimed at those who love action and light entertainment and what you get is action from chapter one, dead bad guys, gunfights, and plenty of thrills. This is escapism at its best and for those who do love to fantasize. The main story is that ordinary people are selected from social media to be called upon to fight terrorism, what a concept! Imagine that when you are banging on about the world on Facebook next time. You could be the next hero.

I have already downloaded the next installment in this intriguing story and I can honestly say I really enjoyed this one, especially the big twist at the end! I didn't rate this as 5 Star for the simple reason that this is no literary work of art; there are issues with the writing but who cares its great fun and easy to read.

If you're looking for a fun fast read, and don't mind guns and violence, do yourself a favour and give this a go. The action unfolds at breakneck pace, and straight away from the off so no messing around trying to devise a plot.

To sum up this is a fast-paced novel with some funny bits, explosive action and a little comedy thrown in for good measure.

Great value for money.
on 3 December 2014
The story is ok but it`s full of grammar errors that a primary school child could have avoided. It's also full of factual inaccuracies. For instance the description of the weapons at the start of the book. The M249 is not a .50 calibre weapon and it's not called a SAW because it can "SAW through people" SAW is short for squad automatic weapon and it's a 5.56mm calibre weapon. These types of errors are littered through the book and a little bit of research could have avoided these mistakes, makes it quite difficult to enjoy. Think I'll avoid the rest of the series
on 28 March 2013
when I began reading this book I thought the beginning was a little slow, but believe me that doesn't last long, what a brilliant read, it is like four different adventures in one book. you get to learn about the entire squad individually as you read on. I read it in one because I couldn't put it down, I strongly recommend this book to readers who enjoy action books, you will enjoy it!!
on 23 November 2011
The 1st of a 3 book set, This book is a fantastic opening to the series about the B squad.

I loved how this book sets the scene early on and pulls the reader in, the authors writing style and the many twists and turns in this book are fantastic and keep you guessing what could happen next, from start to finish.

I would recommend this book to any reader because; its a fantastic read, it pulls u in
When you have finished the book you have to carry on with book 2
on 6 September 2013
I was a bit sceptical at first but once you get through the scene setting and set up phase, it's in the full SAS style Black Ops genre.
My kindle is frozen at the moment and I'm eagerly awaiting reading the next books in the series.
on 14 July 2013
The book is poorly written. The spelling, grammar and use of adverbs without the "ly" on them is lazy. Missing words and poor characterisation distracts from the story. I won't be ordering the sequels.
on 3 January 2013
A very enjoyable and fun read - Good action with many twists and turns.This book will keep you guessing as to what could happen next from start to finish.
on 15 June 2013
Read 3 in the series - wont buy another as the stories don't draw you in.

Ended up rather standing on the tube not reading rather than reading
on 24 November 2011
To be introduced to this series and befriend the author have been the highlight of the year. What starts out slowly soon builds to a frantic ending. Connor Fitzgerald has very accurately described everything down to the minutest detail. More people need to buy and read this as without it you wont get hooked.
on 2 April 2013
Couldn't work out what was going on to start with, but then couldn't put it down & now can`t wait to read the second