on 30 April 2014
Bought this product on another site, from same seller. Have wooden seat with brass type hinges and one side just wobbled continually, thought of buying new seat with plastic fittings but decided to give this set a try first, and it has worked a treat. Sellers info was very helpfull and sounded like their return policy is good, should you get the wrong size. Would recommend giving this a try before throwing seat our of window as i wanted too : )
on 31 May 2012
This item tightened up much better than the original plastic fittings and seems to have kept it faily tight.
They are easier to handle when tightening.
on 24 May 2012
My toilet seat had been swinging about for a while and I decided to give this product a try. Easy peasy to fit and does a first class job.
on 23 March 2015
This is a great little kit and works a treat. I had bought a new toilet seat but it came with plastic fixing nuts and thin rubber washers which were hopeless at securing the seat. This simple kit with its metal wing-nuts and clever conical rubber washers is very effective. A secure seat at last - bliss! The kit comes with a clear set of instructions and an offer from the vendor to exchange the kit free of charge if you choose the wrong size (there are two sizes - 6mm and 8mm). The hinges on my toilet seat had other screws as part of their assembly and I made sure that these were fully tight too before fitting the kit. If not tightened they would have diminished the effectiveness of the kit.
I'm really pleased with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone with a similar problem.
on 21 April 2012
At last I have found the answer to loose toilet seats,I cannot understand why this is not a standard fitting. Amazon to the rescue again.
on 1 October 2013
I bought from TFM Services (on Amazon Marketplace) a set of tapered rubber grommets, steel washers, 6mm threaded rods and metal wing nuts to replace the flat rubber washers and nylon wing nuts supplied with the original mahogany toilet seat. These items were inexpensive, delivered promptly and easy to fit. It was the perfect solution to a problem I had tried to fix for some time without previous success. The tapered grommets adjust snugly to the holes in the toilet pan holding the seat firmly in place at all times. Previously the heavy wooden seat constantly worked loose, slewing sideways when sat upon and did not stay raised when required but crashed down, and was likely to damage the pan. This product is so good that it should be supplied as part of the original equipment.
on 14 June 2013
I was full of hope after buying new, quite expensive toilet seats and having to adjust and tighten them once a week.

These were easy to fit and seemed to be doing the job. Then after 6 weeks (on a toilet that is not used all that often) the seat slipped. I adjusted and tightened and a week later it slipped again. So I am still looking for a way to stop toilet seats moving. I have an old, Homebase one that hasn't moved in years. Why do they all seem to now?
on 26 April 2016
Great kit - the combination of black rubber cone and metal butterfly nut means you can get a proper tight fit compared with the usual flat washer/plastic nut supplied with the toilet seat fixings. Not the most glamorous purchase I've made but does what it says!
on 22 July 2013
I've had no end of trouble with loo seats coming loose, now my troubles seem over, its not come loose in two months now. So often the best idea's are the simple ideas.
Would recommend that loo seat designers take note!
on 23 May 2014
Never before have I experienced pleasure in replacing a toilet seat, normally the supplied fittings are at best cheap and at worst nasty. I had experienced the normal loose seat syndrom and decided something had to be done, after looking at the priciple of the product I decided to buy one as a test case. The product arrived well before the date supplied and was of excellent quality, replacing the existing fittings was quick and painless and once lined up it was the easiest toilet seat fitting I had ever undertaken. The seat is firm and does not move at all with the new fittings. I would highly recommend the product and the service and aftercare is of the highest order.