5.0 out of 5 stars Very good
Bought refurbished as a replacement phone, venturing from a windows platform mobile. As good as the phone is I still wouldn't have paid full price or even brand new. This purchase was perfect.
Published 11 months ago by Ms Jo-ann Davis

1.0 out of 5 stars Damaged Goods- do not purchase from this seller
I purchased the iphone and soon realised it had battery issues. It wouldn't charge more than one hour. The home button would not work. The seller can not be trusted a supplied completely damaged goods. Very unhappy and would not recommend any purchase.
Published 9 months ago by Shazam

1.0 out of 5 stars Damaged Goods- do not purchase from this seller, 29 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Apple Iphone 4s 16GB White Sim Free (Wireless Phone Accessory)

1.0 out of 5 stars Be very careful, advert is misleading and for new, its cheaper from Apple., 3 Jan. 2012
OK, so the phone itself is probably brilliant, but and there is a big but, the advert is misleading. I bought one of these as a Christmas present for my son, it was advertised as unlocked, bought as unlocked but received as locked to Vodaphone. It shows up in my purchase history as unlocked. At no point during the purchase process was there any indication that the phone was locked to a network. This caused an amount of consternation over the Christmas period, numerous phone calls and a vast amount of general annoyance and disappointment.

The vendor claimed that it was marked as locked to Vodaphone, but this information only seems to be visible when looking at the "other buying options" feature and certainly doesn't appear on the order history. In the order history the phone is displayed as being Unlocked. Looking at the other buying options now seems to indicate that not all the phones available are unlocked, which is misleading. I can't fault the vendor for their post sales support and help but in the end the phone had to go back and I lost an amount of money on the deal (no full refund because the phone was opened and had been used, albeit just enough to see that it didn't work).

In the end, if you want an unlocked iPhone 4S buy it straight from Apple for around £500 for the 16Gb model.

1.0 out of 5 stars Refurbished Iphone sold as new., 13 Mar. 2014
I’ve bought the Iphone 4s as “new - never used” condition. The first months it worked perfectly, but the accessories (earpod and USB cable) seemed in bad condition just few times after using them, both accessories wasn’t original from Apple. The Iphone began having problems 5 months after the purchase. I’ve asked the seller about the “1 year seller’s warranty” and the seller told me that warranty couldn’t cover accidental and water damage and he could do anything for me (this damage wasn’t my case; it was a problem with software from factory: the Iphone was constantly searching for network). Solution: I’ve bought a brand new Iphone on Apple Store.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cosmetically good but had to have a replacement battery, 30 Nov. 2014
The phone arrived in the time stated and was a very reasonable price.

It was advertised as "new" and came in Apple packaging. The phone seemed to have some photos on it from a previous owner and was set up with apps etc for the Chinese market. However, we quickly sorted this out. The phone seemed to be in perfect condition. If it wasn't new, it was in new a-1 mint condition.

The battery life was terrible. We googled various fixes, applied them all and the battery life was still terrible. I mean that the rated expected life was over a day on standby. In reality the phone as supplied could manage a few hours and then randomly dived down to empty.

I contacted the suppliers and was going to do a return. But then I thought, any other low cost iphone will have the same potential problem. And I can fix this particular problem. So I got a replacement battery of higher capacity and fitted it. This cost me about 12 GBPS. After doing this, the iphone had perfectly acceptable battery life, not *super* but as expected.

I am now pretty happy about the outcome

It would have been nice if it had just worked in the first place but I guess you get what you pay for

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 18 April 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Best smart phone to date, but not worth it as an upgrade unless you have an iPhone 3G or older, 26 Oct. 2011
Big Bad Bill "Big Bad Bill" (Somwhere on the Celtic Fringe) - See all my reviews
The first thing I need to say is that the Apple iPhone 4S is the best smart phone in the market at present, and unless something radical happens will probably be the best smart phone until the iPhone 5 is released. I am not going to labour all the features, these have been well covered in the description and the previous reviews. However I will say that this phone is definitely not worth upgrading to from the iPhone 4 and even if you have an iPhone 3GS I would say it would be better to wait until the next generation iPhone comes out. The reason I say this is that this phone has really only two differences from the iPhone 4 - Siri and a higher resolution camera. I will discuss these first.

Siri - this is a novelty, it is worth a few minutes of fun when you just get the phone, but like all computer speech recognition I have tried, it really does not work. No matter how often I tried to get it to set a reminder it insisted I was saying remainder. I asked it to phone Alison Allen and it thought I said phone Linda Robinson! Strangely it did understand when I asked it to open the pod bay doors!

Camera - Great much much better than any other mobile phone camera I have used, better even than the camera on my old Nokia N95 and N97 phones which were head and shoulders the best phone cameras at the time those phones came out. This is a clear advantage over the iPhone 3GS, but in truth the iPhone 4 camera is also very good. More mega pixels is not the be all for digital cameras. Until they build in an optical zoom lens all I would ever see the phone camera as being for is taking a snap to use as the wall paper for the phone, and for this the 4S camera is no better than that on the 4. It is however faster which could allow you to get a picture of a dog or child that tends not to stay still for too long.

Processor Speed - the 4S is faster than the 4, but you only see it with the very biggest apps. Pages opens noticeably faster on my iPhone 4S than on my wife's iPhone 4, as does the novelty app Talking Tom. However with smaller apps it is very hard to notice any differences. Once running I can see no differences in any app (other than the camera) in terms of speed. Therefore I would conclude that in terms of speed it would not be worth upgrading from an iPhone 4. May be from the 3GS, but I also compared the speed of my 4S against my 3rd Gen iPod Touch which has a similar processor to the 3GS and again for most apps there is no obvious advantage speed wise. Therefore I am not convinced that in terms of speed this is worth upgrading to even from the 3GS.

However this is my first iPhone, and as such I am delighted with it. If they had kept the iPhone 4 16GB model I may however have opted to get it (due to cost) rather than the 4S, but now the iPhone 4 is only available in 8GB it was not an option for me. If Apple had released the phone starting at the same price with a 4 inch screen (biggest that is practical based on playing with a few Android large screen phones) and a starting capacity of 32GB then I would have said that it was worth upgrading to even from the iPhone 4.

A few points about the battery performance. There has been a lot on the internet and even the BBC website about the iPhone 4S draining its battery very quickly. To a certain extent this is true. My 4S goes through its battery faster than any phone I have used in the past with the exception of my Samsung Galxay Ace (Android). However this is mostly to do with the default settings. The iPhone 4S running iOS5 is set to do a lot of reporting back to Apple, to use the iCloud and to keep a very close eye on its physical location. A lot of this adds useful functionality to the phone but for many users it is not needed. Spend a few minutes checking the settings for iCloud and Location services, turn blue tooth off etc and you will find the 4S battery will last at least as long as rivals if not quite as long as the iPhone 4 (I get almost two days,from 100% at 6am on one day to 10pm on the next day, compared with about 2 and a half days for my wife's iPhone 4). We all want super battery performance but the increased functionality with the iPhone 4S and iOS 5 does come with a power use cost. In comparison to get my Samsung's battery to last from morning to evening I have had to disable all communications other than the basic connection to the cell network, I have had to keep the screen dim to the point of being difficult to read and have the screen go black so quickly that any pause in using the phone necessitates you reawakening it. So yes there is a slight battery issue with the iPhone 4S, but it has been blown up out of proportion by those who seek to exaggerate every issue with this Apple device. I do wish they would implement a useful feature my BlackBerry had - the ability for the phone to automatically shut down at a set time at night and to reawaken at a set time in the morning or earlier if an alarm was set. That allowed me to get 3 to 3.5 days on a charge with the BlackBerry and also stopped emails and texts disturbing my sleep if I was using the phone as my alarm clock.

UPDATE. The first update to iOS 5 (5.01) came through on Friday. My phone was mid charge at the time. I fully charged it overnight so that it was at 100% at 7am on Saturday morning when I disconnected it from the charger. At the time of typing it is 52 hours 40 minutes since the phone was last on charge and I have still got 40% battery life left. This is excellent for such a high spec smart phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 12 April 2014
Great phone, you can see it's second hand but if you don't mind a few scratches this is the product for you!

For now it works so hopefully it will keep working ;)

3.0 out of 5 stars It died just beyond a year of use, 15 Dec. 2013
The phone was brilliant and I loved it. Just over a year later it began to give problems with fading out of wi-fi and blue tooth buttons. Took it to the Apple Store and after waiting for ages while they used their diagnostics on it they could find no hardware problems. At the same time they could see that there was one and they couldn't resolve it. So, as is their custom I had to buy a new phone (at reduced price) while they took mine away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exellent as discribed, 14 Dec. 2014
Arrived on time. Packaging was very good. Phone looks excellent, as new, not a scratch anywhere .I have only marked this a four star as it is a xmas present for my Grandson so has not been tested fully yet .But have charged it and tried a sim in it and it seems in good working order and is unlocked.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Apple what do you expect!, 18 Jan. 2014
My review is 5 stars not just for the product but for the seller as well. This is the first time that I have ever purchased a second hand or refurbished phone. It was for my 12 year old daughter who broke her other phone within a week of having it hence my reluctance to purchase this at the full price. However I need not have worried as the phone arrived as advertised in perfect condition without a mark on it and with a free cover. It came boxed as new and my daughter was none the wiser. I will now consider this as my first option when buying any more phones. Great product and great service from this supplier.

Apple Iphone 4s 16GB White Sim Free