on 6 November 2011
My old laptop got stolen (it was 4 yr old Toshiba) so I didn't think long and decided to go with manufacturer that didn't disappoint me the first time.

Very well built laptop. It's made from hard, mat plastic. I liked it from the first glance very bright screen (much brighter than in my old one) 16:9 ratio which is lower and wider than I had previously but I got used to it really quickly (I have it for 2 days now). Very big (and fast) hard disc. Great processor. Integrated graphics (but don't worry - I plays movies in HD smoothly) works well (so far :)), one can also burn DVDs and CDs as it's equipped with DVD RW drive (and all software needed).

Haven't tested it's performance in games yet, but PassMark Performance Test gave it 1325 points which is way higher than I expected from laptop for under 600 euros.
0Comment98 of 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 December 2011
This is a great laptop, well constructed and thought out. Performance is good with Win7 64bit. Limited free software comes with it - which suited me well. BUT and its quite a big but, it only has two USB ports and appalling audio (and I do mean appalling) - a barely audible tinny noise! I guess you get what you pay for but that is a pretty poor effort from the usually trusty Tosh.
11 comment26 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 January 2012
This PC was a Christmas present. The colour and speed are fine but the USB ports are very stiff and difficult to connect. I prefer a mouse and had to presuade the plug to fully connect, next the printer connection another very difficult connect. Very stiff to use. Now I do not have a spare USB.
on 2 April 2012
Well, I have had this laptop now for more than three month and am very pleased with it.
I spend several hours a day on it (my wife says far too much!) doing DTP work and mucho internet.
What I like about it: It is fast with excellent graphics and the large screen is a bonus. I particularly
like the large wrist-rest area at the front of the keyboard. Very important if you spend a lot of time
on the keyboard. I also like the automatic wi-fi detection system. So far I have never used the 'poncy'
facial recognition system nor the numerical keyboard and probably never will.
What I don't like about it: Only two USB ports and the sound system is rubbish.

But these defects are not a problem to me. The price of £399 is excellent and you can't expect an all-singing, all-dancing
for this sort of money.
I ordered the laptop from Amazon UK and it was delivered free and quickly to me in Spain.
Very, very happy with it.
on 21 January 2012
I would definitely recommend this laptop.Great sized screen, fast to respond and plenty of memory for my needs.The battery life is excellent and I feel confident knowing it was made by Toshiba. I am no computer buff but I am very happy with this.
on 15 April 2012
I bought this laptop off amazon sight unseen after my beautiful but slightly old toshiba equium was stolen. The latter had a luxury white keyboard, catch to hold the lid, six usb ports etc. This one does the job but really plastic and honed down to the basic features. Cheap and flimsy feel and most infuriatingly has only two usb ports right together so that with a fairly thick 3G modem you can't attach anything else. Sound quality is like a 1890 phonograph and hard drive vibrates alarmingly. Seems to be aimed squarely at the student markeet - which is ffine - in a while I'll flog this to a deserving student and buy an accer inspire or something. Oh and you notice how the keyboard gives double letters!
on 22 December 2011
The sound being tinny is an understatement, more like a piece of very thin tin-foil connected to two pieces of wire while a man with a whispering cough talks or sings through a toilet roll; pure sh.. and if you buy this then expect not to use Skype at all let alone any music; this is by far the worst sound I have ever heard in my life except for a blown speaker system in an old rained out VW but then with no volume to boot even at 100 percent it's really bad and you can barely hear anything. I am very disappointed and I am returning mine today! Toshiba get's an "F" for complete failure on this one. Plus the graphics are mediocre for the price while only having two USB ports to the left; this model is cheap cheap cheap! All I can add is it looks nice along with it's 6 GB of memory but don't conclude it's worth it particularly since the mic is also poor quality as well. This is all show and zero go, I would be embarrassed even if I were to give this as a gift; how Toshiba even put their name on it is beyond me...
0Comment17 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 March 2012
Bought this laptop in January, so I have had time to get use to it and I have to say that it is the worst laptop I have ever bought. The wireless receiver within the laptop is useless unless you are in the same room as the router, {my router is working fine as I had it tested}. I grudge having to call the speakers "speakers" as they are a complete joke with sound that can only come out of a can. The keyboard is very plastic and fragile looking. Overall very disapointed
on 24 June 2012
I use the PC daily and have no major complaints. The picture quality and build is very good. The following features could be improved:
1. Reduce the P/C weight.
2. Increase the P/C start up speed and the battery life.
3. Increase the Speaker volume.
Overall good value for money (£400) at the time of purchase in 2011.
on 15 January 2012
This laptop is just what i wanted and as always Toshiba have done it again, excellent.Delivery time was also very good, just one critisimn the outer box was damaged and Toshiba seal was only half stuck down allowing you to take out laptop without breaking seal but still works well.Thank you Dave k.