4.0 out of 5 stars Great value matcha and doesn’t taste too bad
I’ve been drinking Tea Pigs Matcha every morning for the past year, and whilst it is very good it’s also quite expensive so I thought I would give this lower priced version a try.

Published 19 months ago by Chris M

2.0 out of 5 stars Matcha but not as we know it
I followed the large amount of positive views and decided to purchase this because of the low cost. It was a bad idea, the usual controlled buzz, clarity and calming feeling you get with better quality teas doesn't seem to happen. I found myself to be adding 3-4 heaped teaspoons to get anything like a good effect.
Published 3 months ago by castro

2.0 out of 5 stars Matcha but not as we know it, 16 Feb. 2015

1.0 out of 5 stars QUITE LOW QUALITY MATCHA, 8 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Vitalife 30 g Matcha Green Tea (Personal Care)
I made tea with the powder and I did not like it. It was thick and not very smooth at all. My partner tried and experienced stomach upset and excessive burping which lasted the whole day. She says she does not want to drink it again.

It is quite low quality matcha and is not much better than some culinary grade matchas that I have tried. That's probably why it is cheaper than some of the other products. I disagree that it is "great quality" as stated in the advertisement. Ceremonial grade is great quality.

Also, the matcha is not organic grade. They claim in the advertisement that it is "organic". However, the claim is a false one.

It is cheaper than ceremonial grade, which attracted me to this product. However, ceremonial grade organic japanese matcha is much nicer. The price of the ceremonial grade matcha is higher but I like to relax an enjoy a perfect cup of tea. Tea should be a daily delight. This particular vitalife matcha is not. I recommend that you buy ceremonial grade organic Japanese matcha if you can afford it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value matcha and doesn’t taste too bad, 9 Oct. 2013
Chris M (York) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Vitalife 30 g Matcha Green Tea (Personal Care)

Until now I’ve always taken my matcha as a cold, short shot with water or fruit juice (to mask the taste in all honesty), however the recommend way of drinking this matcha on the side of the container was to mix ¼ teaspoon (1g) in a large mug of hot water. I was apprehensive about having a large drink of something I normally try and avoid tasting, but in all honesty I was pleasantly surprised by the taste, which is slightly grassy and fresher than I expected; I wouldn’t go as far as saying I like the taste, but I certainly don’t hate it, and I’m drinking this tea more for the health benefits rather than as a tasty cup of tea.

A small thing, but the container it comes in is not as nice as the Tea Pigs metal tin with its screw top and it feels a little cheap, not a problem really but I thought worth noting.

In summary I'm very happy with the Vitalife Matcha Green Tea, I haven’t noticed it being any lower quality than the Tea Pigs version I’ve been drinking for the past year, and the best part… it’s significantly cheaper and great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars <3, 17 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Vitalife 30 g Matcha Green Tea (Personal Care)
This stuff is amazing. I'm trying to take less coffee, and thought to replace it with matcha tea. It gives me the same caffeine buzz but it's better for me. I have it with a bit of honey and it's perfectly pleasant. Best buy ever.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - Makes unpleasant powdery tea. NOT ORGANIC. There are better options., 18 Jan. 2015
Peter (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vitalife 30 g Matcha Green Tea (Personal Care)
I compared this Vitalife matcha with the matcha that I usually buy. The colour of Vitalife matcha is not as green and bright as the matcha that I usually buy. I noticed that the smell of Vitalife matcha, as I was whisking it with hot water, was not to my liking. Also, I did not like the powdery sensation of Vitalife matcha tea as I was drinking it - Vitalife matcha tea is not as smooth and refined as the matcha tea that I usually drink. The taste of vitalife matcha is okay, but it NOT AS FRESH OR NICE as the matcha that I usually buy.

One of the other customers said in the customer question and answers that this Vitalife matcha is organic. I checked the packaging thoroughly and there are no logos of any organic certification companies on the packaging. This Vitalife matcha is not organic. I have to say that I definitely prefer organic Japanese matcha. I read online that comprehensive research published in the British Journal of Nutrition in 2014 showed that organic food (including organic matcha) has 19-69% more antioxidants than non-organic food. The research also showed that non-organic food has 4 times more pesticides than organic food. What's more, the research showed that non-organic food has MORE toxic heavy metal CADMIUM in it than organic food!

CADMIUM IS HAZARDOUS! The INTERNATIONAL AGENCY for RESEARCH on CANCER (IARC) has classified CADMIUM and cadmium compounds as CARCINOGENIC to humans. Recent research published in the British Journal of Cancer and Cancer Research between 2008 and 2012 suggests that intake of CADMIUM THROUGH DIET is associated with a HIGHER RISK of WOMB, BREAST and PROSTATE CANCER as well as OSTEOPOROSIS in humans. It seems to me that organic food (including organic matcha) is better for us. Therefore, I prefer organic matcha.

I have tried quite a few different brands of matcha over the past few years in my quest to discover the best matcha. In my opinion, the best products are Doctor King finest ceremonial grade organic Japanese matcha and DoMatcha ceremonial organic Japanese matcha.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than caffeine!, 11 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Vitalife 30 g Matcha Green Tea (Personal Care)
Delivered promptly & product as described. Would use seller again. This tea is great as a shot mixed with coconut water or fruit juice first thing in the morning. Really helps me stay alert at work without the mid afternoon slump. This is my second purchase. Its so good I even travel with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's good..., 27 Aug. 2014
Lorelie (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vitalife 30 g Matcha Green Tea (Personal Care)
I have been buying a more expensive brand of matcha but thought I would try Vitalife. I put a teaspoon in my Nutriblend with spinach, an apple and some blueberries so I can't taste the tea. I am really surprised because I have REALLY felt a difference in mood and energy. I was starting to think I had an hormonal imbalance but think now possible just lacking something that was in this tea.

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY MISLEADING - The matcha is NOT ORGANIC as claimed in the advertisement!, 3 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Vitalife 30 g Matcha Green Tea (Personal Care)
I love organic food and organic Japanese matcha. This product is NOT ORGANIC, as claimed in the advertisement. It is very misleading and very annoying to claim that a product is organic when it is not.

I am a big fan of organic food. Some people may not sure why I am so picky and whether to buy organic or non-organic matcha. Here is an interesting extract from www.helpguide.org which might help people decide:

“Organic crops must be grown in safe soil, have no modifications, and must remain separate from conventional products. Farmers are not allowed to use synthetic pesticides, bioengineered genes, petroleum-based fertilizers, and sewage sludge-based fertilizers.

Organic produce contains fewer pesticides. Pesticides are chemicals such as fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides. These chemicals are widely used in conventional agriculture and residues remain on (and in) the food we eat.

What are the possible risks of pesticides?
1. Some studies have indicated that the use of pesticides even at low doses can increase the risk of certain cancers, such as leukemia, lymphoma, brain tumors, breast cancer and prostate cancer.
2. Children and fetuses are most vulnerable to pesticide exposure because their immune systems, bodies, and brains are still developing. Exposure at an early age may cause developmental delays, behavioral disorders, autism, and motor dysfunction.
3. Pregnant women are more vulnerable due to the added stress pesticides put on their already taxed organs. Plus pesticides can be passed from mother to child in the womb, as well as through breast milk. Some exposures can cause delayed effects on the nervous system, even years after the initial exposure.
4. Most of us have an accumulated build-up of pesticide exposure in our bodies due to numerous years of exposure. This chemical "body burden" as it is medically known could lead to health issues such as headaches, birth defects, and added strain on weakened immune systems.

5. The widespread use of pesticides has led to the emergence of “super weeds” and “super bugs,” which can only be killed with extremely toxic poisons like 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (a major ingredient in Agent Orange).”

There are many more reasons to eat organic. Here is another extract from www.thebestofrawfood.com/advantages-of-organic-foods:

“The debate about the advantages of organic foods is over. According to a new $25-million study into organic food - the largest of its kind to date - organic food is more nutritious than ordinary produce and it may help to lengthen peoples lives and prevent disease.

1. More Nutrients
The European Union funded study found that organic fruit and vegetables have up to 50% more antioxidants, which scientists believe can cut the risk of cancer and heart disease. They have also more vitamins and minerals such as iron and zinc.

According to other recent studies, organic foods are better for fighting cancer. And people eating organic food have improved immune system, better sleeping habits and are less likely to be overweight than when eating "conventional" foods. (Can you imagine the benefits of eating both raw and organic food?)

2. Better Taste
The taste of organic fruits and vegetables is often superior to any conventional produce. That's why many top restaurants use organic produce in their menu. Today, most fruits and veggies are manipulated to look and stay good. The strawberries from your ordinary supermarket may look great on your cake but they have virtually no taste. However, the taste of fresh organic fruits is irresistible!

3. Safer for Babies and Children (and everybody else)

The advantages of organic foods might be highest for babies. The average baby is born with 200 toxins and carcinogens in its body. By the time kids reach their 2nd year, most have past the lethal limit for the toxins. By feeding your child organic food, it will have about 1/6th the amount of carcinogens in its blood. Thus you will decrease the chances of illnesses significantly. Therefore, especially for infants and children a raw organic food diet is incredibly important.”

That’s why I am annoyed that the seller says that vitalife matcha is organic when it is NOT ORGANIC. My friends know that I am a big fan of organic food for the benefits for my health. I think my friend bought this matcha for me by mistake thinking it is organic when it is not. I hope that other customers will find this information helpful in deciding whether to buy organic or non-organic Japanese matcha.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a huge fan., 19 Sept. 2014
Celtanu (Dublin, IRE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vitalife 30 g Matcha Green Tea (Personal Care)
Taste ok but difficult to dissolve.

4.0 out of 5 stars As promised and expected, 13 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Vitalife 30 g Matcha Green Tea (Personal Care)
I'm a big fan of green tea! Hot, cold, I really don't care as long as I get to enjoy some on a daily basis! It's my lifeline. I make sure to have some in the morning before work and one before bed to wind down! Since I got hooked on green tea about 3 years ago, my weight has improved and my sleep is more sound. This particular green tea, the Vitalife brand, is one of my absolute favorites. They're expensive but not outrageously priced like some foreign brands are and it's a perfect serving size.

On days when I really need extra flavor, less expensive loose bulk green tea powder comes in handy- All Natural Organic Instant Green Tea Powder 8 oz. - Buy One Get One Free!. It blends right in just as smooth and works for hot or cold. You get even more health benefits when you use it and Vitalife green tea because it's organic and there's no preservatives or unnatural sweeteners. The taste is pure. I love the k-cups because of how easy they are but it's also great to have that 'more' option with the powder. I wouldn't give either of them up!

Vitalife 30 g Matcha Green Tea