4.0 out of 5 stars Good value
Published on 12 April 2012 by Derek_S

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Money Mouse
I got the mouse sooner than expected, so delivery is good!
As for the mouse itself; for the price it's brilliant to say the least. It fits into my hand nicely and I like the curve for thumb and pinky as it makes it more conformable. I also like the feel of this mouse with the material they used and the overall look for it.

Now the important part... this is...
Published on 14 Feb. 2013 by Rokib

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 12 April 2012
Derek_S (Cambridgeshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2400DPI Sidewinder 6 Buttons LED Laser Optical Gaming Mouse Mice PC LAPTOP BLACK Brand New!!5 million clicks, 12-Month warranty,top gaming winning!! (Electronics)
Delivery took a couple of working days via post from Bristol. Plain, unmarked plastic packaging as others describe. I wanted a wired mouse as I'm fed up with flat batteries in the wireless optical mouse I use with my laptop. The mouse is an ideal size for me. It's about the same size as the Razer Naga laser gaming mouse I use on my main PC. Small enough to fit in my laptop bag but big enough to make all the buttons comfortably accessible. I don't know why it's described as a "Gaming Mouse" though,it doesn't come with any software and I can't find any software on the internet that would allow it to enable normal PC gaming functions such as macros and other button mapping functions.

As some else said, I'm pretty certain it's a regular optical mouse, not a laser mouse. That's what the label on the bottom says and the sensor is definitely a different type to the one on my hugely more expensive Razer mouse. That was nearly ten times the price though so I'm not complaining other than the fact the it shouldn't be advertised as a laser mouse if it isn't.

So, I'm happy it will do what I need and it's good value for money for that. If you're looking for a high quality laser gaming mouse, maybe you should look elsewhere but also expect to pay a lot more.

8/10 simply because I don't think the product description is completely accurate.

Edited a year later: The mouse my wife was using with her laptop stopped working recently so I purchased a second one. I've been using the first one daily for over a year now and it still works perfectly after hundreds of hours use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Money Mouse, 14 Feb. 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I got the mouse sooner than expected, so delivery is good!

Now the important part... this is important for all those gamers looking to use this mouse and buttons fully.
Much as I like the mouse it is a real shame the mouse did not come in better packaging as it comes in a plain box and that is it! So no software or drivers to customize the buttons or macros. Without this, the mouse is practically same as any other mouse when you want to use it for gaming as you can not use the 2 side buttons or wheel button!
I tried to set up controls using those buttons but the games would not register it. They are only for browser as a back and forward button. This is why I gave the mouse 3 stars out of 5, fundamentally a gaming mouse should enable you to use those buttons for gaming, this product on its own does not let you.

Solution...
Go to google and search for x-mouse button control

This third party software allows you enable the use of those buttons simply by assigning whatever you want to it.
For example in a game I normally the '0' is used for a certain action but bit far to reach when using keyboard in mouse in the game; therefore I assigned one of the side buttons to'0'. You can customize it however you like and best thing I find about this software is that you can choose custom controls per application than just set default for all.
I hope that helps all those wondering about assigning macros. With the combination of the software and price of this mouse this should please anyone... well minus those with big hands according to the other reviews here! :D

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value gaming mouse!, 5 May 2012
I have been using this mouse now all day everyday for the past 3 months and it has not missed a beat. a very versatile little mouse been used for both gaming, C.A.D and other artistic applications and has worked perfectly each time. For me a very comfortable to use mouse. It does however have some negatives, for people with larger hands this is not the mouse for you, my friend hates it for that one reason, for a person with a average size hand or smaller it is ideal. My only other complaint is that it dose not come in white and black to suite my system but once the warranty it over I will probably customise it, as have yet have had no problems with the mouse so as far as after sales goes I cannot comment.

4.0 out of 5 stars sidewinder Gaming mouse, 7 Sept. 2012
As other reviewers have pointed out this isn't a mouse for big hands. However its very comfortable and well designed for the smurfs among us. You cant beat this for the price if your a gamer.
It's guaranteed a million clicks and it really does feel like its capable of that.
At 2400 dpi its accurate and precise enough for my gaming needs and you can change that dpi at the click of a button.
I like the lights on this mouse which you can also change the color of or switch off entirely.
You can bet ill be back for another one of these in a million clicks time as its a bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Mouse, 30 Nov. 2011
Mr. R. Moodley "book maven" (northallerton) - See all my reviews
The delivery was Faster than expected , The mouse was excellent Customisable dpi button on the mouse ,2 more buttons on the side. mouse feels great and shaped perfectly Dosent feel cheap. Great buy.Great Price. And it maybe better than the Microsoft sidewinder because of the price and it compatible with more things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing.Can't put it any better., 10 Jan. 2013
This mouse is amazing for gaming and also durable(depends on how you treat it,if you dash it around the room,I doubt it will survive for very long but it will take a pretty rough beating)
My hand,which is quite smaller than the average person,fits it perfectly.People with big hands may have a problem using it for gaming as when you game,you need to find a comfortable position for your hands to be in.
On top of that,the seller dispatches the item quickly and promptly.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very cosmetically pleasing product, 14 April 2012
I found the mouse to be very useful especially as a gamer as it has two side buttons and it was very cheap compared to other gaming mice. It also looks very appealing and even has a button to change the side colors to your fancy. Only problem I think is the fact that its a wired mouse and so the wires can sometimes get coiled around and cause undesired movement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done., 28 April 2014
This handy mouse has served me well just under 2 years. I have never experienced a fault with it and the length of the wire is good. The two extra buttons are just out of thumbs reach which makes accidental pushing impossible. Yet they are reachable with no strain whatsoever. They function as extra buttons for things such as games or hot keys for applications. I currently use the higher button for push to talk in Skype, team speak and videos. In browsers they can be used as a back and forward function, this is done by default. The changeable DPI works like a charm and has no lag to it. This is by far one of the best mice I have ever purchased. The text on the top is still there after almost 2 years of rubbing and using. Clearly a very high quality product. On time of purchase it came within the shortest amount of time and I was pleased with the condition and packaging.

If anyone does read this I strongly urge you to purchase this mouse as it it a great one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very proud of this little bargain., 7 Oct. 2012
Lee (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I was initially slightly disappointed since I thought this was the version you could put weights into, I fancied fiddling around with that. No matter though, this is a really nice mouse. It feels very sleek in my hand and it's quite responsive. The light on the side of it changes as you click the middle silver button to increase the DPI, from red to blue to purple then back to no light, which is the slowest setting. That's neato. I like where the buttons on the side are too, hopefully I should be able to work them into my playing style. I'm not exactly an authority on gaming mice but this seems like a decent start to me!

The description of the mouse in the title looks very fishy doesn't it? I assure you that for me the mouse arrived on time and perfectly intact, albeit without the original packaging, it was just a small package wrapped up in packing stuff. Did the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little thing, 13 May 2012
Bought this mouse about a year ago now. Got fed up of changing batteries in a wireless one, and thought for £10 can't really go wrong. And boy am I glad. It's not what you expect from the description, but for a cheap wired mouse I highly doubt you'll get better at this price.

However, after a year of abuse, the USB seems to have broken, and refuses to stay connected to my computer. Saying that, even though it lasted a year, I'm buying another of the same, so it must have done something right.

It does feel satisfying to use,(though would be uncomfortable for a large handed user) and the side buttons are very helpful just in everyday use, and FPS's where you can change one of these buttons to be reload.

To summarise, Great for the price, and feels nice to use. Won't last as long as a more expensive mouse, but for £10, what did you expect?