5.0 out of 5 stars Alfie by Alfie Boe
Wonderful, Magical.I can't stop listening to it.Alfie Boe has the best tenor voice I have heard since Pavoroti.My favourite track is 'Music of the Night' which is easily the best version I have heard of this fabulous song.
Published on 5 Nov. 2011 by Mrs Yvonne S Cichon

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing wrong with CD, BUT OMG THE CASE....!
The CD is fine and I have nothing wrong with this or the other Alfie Boe CD I bought at the same time. My problem is BOTH of the case were cracked and broken when delivered. The packaging is clearly no appropriate. If these had been bought as presents this wouldn't have gone done well........! Very disappointed.....only because of the state the CD's arrived in, not with...
Published 17 months ago by Heathie

5.0 out of 5 stars Alfie by Alfie Boe, 5 Nov. 2011
Mrs Yvonne S Cichon (Leighton Buzzard, Beds United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Alfie, 28 Nov. 2011
Susan Dietz (Kent, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alfie (Audio CD)
I'm a sucker for great male singing voices. I first found Michael Crawford performing Music of the Night at the Tonys; Michael Ball in Les Miz on PBS; and now Alfie Boe also performing in Les Miz on PBS and I'm hooked! I scrambled as fast as I could to see if Mr. Boe had released any CD's and I found Alfie Boe "Bring Him Home". That CD is wonderful and I've played it for everyone.

Now comes "Alfie", his newest release, and I love it just as much as the first. His rich, deep voice springs from the speakers on Maria, Being Alive and Music of the Night (which he sings with Michael Ball . . . and does a better job). In My Daughter's Eyes, Someone to Watch Over Me and Who Am I makes you want more and more. The only odd selection is Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas but, this was released in November so it is understandable and lovely to hear.

Which leads me to I hope he releases a Christmas album at some point. Listening to him sing O Holy Night would be glorious.

If you can't tell I'm stuck on Alfie Boe and, I think, once you listen yourself, you'll be stuck as well. Go out and get this wonderful CD. I believe you'll be pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real soother!, 22 Nov. 2011
Mrs. J. A. Murray (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alfie (Audio CD)
Bought this along with his CD "Bring Him Home". A fantastic selection of songs, which suit his voice perfectly. And what a voice he has!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb listening, 24 Nov. 2011
G. H. Lloyd "Vox populae" (Preston Lancs. U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alfie (Audio CD)
What a brilliant singer this man is.This is an album you could sit and listen to all night long.
Excellent value for moneyAlfie

4.0 out of 5 stars alfie excels, 30 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Alfie (Audio CD)
All the tracks are great I especially liked Music of the Night from Phantom,and Empty Chairs Empty tables. But its all very well sung and produced.

4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful voice and soul, 2 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Alfie (Audio CD)
alfie boe's magnificent voice soars through this c.d the best jan val jan ever sings with guest stars bryn terfel and michael ball. very recomended...enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music, 11 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Alfie (Audio CD)
First cd I have bought of this singer. Really enjoyed it and the other one of his that I bought at the same time. Would highly recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely., 2 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Alfie (Audio CD)
Nice music. Most important vocals very pleasant on the ear. Good (not perfect though) recording. Good value. Who could ask more? Well, at a pinch I would say a little more more "bonus material" or literature with the CD would have been nice, but for seven pounds I can't complain!

5.0 out of 5 stars Alfie Boe Just Keeps Getting Better and Btter, 1 April 2012
Grady Harp (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alfie (Audio CD)
Though I'm not sure why this excellent CD of the music of Alfie Boe has not been released internationally yet, it is sure to be one of his greatest hits ever. The style, his vocal quality, the choice of songs on this recording are all top rate. Boe knows how to sing with the big operatic voice while at the same time he fully understands the quiet tenderness of crooning love songs.

The songs on this CD are Being Alive (form Company), Maria (from West Side Story), The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (the old Roberta Flack standard), Song to the Siren (by Tim Buckley), When You Wish Upon A Star (from Pinocchio), Music Of The Night (from Phantom of the Opera), Someone To Watch Over Me (from Gershwin's Oh, Kay!), In My Daughter's Eyes (by Martina McBride), Over The Hills And Far Away (by Led Zeppelin), Empty Chairs At Empty Tables (from Les Miserables), Wheels Of A Dream (from Ragtime), It Was A Very Good Year (Ervin Drake Song for both Kingston Trio and Frank Sinatra), Who Am I (from Les Miserables), and Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (from Meet Me In St. Louis - a Judy Garland favorite).

Alfie Boe is on very solid ground here and is very likely to stay there - if not move even higher. he is a most satisfying artist in every way. Grady Harp, March 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Alfie the great., 25 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Alfie (Audio CD)
Having booked tickets to see Alfie in Les Miserables I was devastated to find out that he was 'insisposed' on the day of the performance! As compensation my husband bought me this album, which is wonderful. However rather than cheer me up it made me even more disappointed that I hadn't seen him live. I have now managed to get tickets to see him in his forthcoming tour - fingers crossed he isn't ill! - Still would have liked to see him in Les Mis (my favourite ever musical). The album is amazing and I loved the rendition of Empty Chairs with Michael Ball.

Alfie