4.0 out of 5 stars Great value Laptop

3.0 out of 5 stars Squeaky/clicking hinge - otherwise great
Published on 25 Feb 2012 by Dizzy P

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value Laptop, 17 Dec 2011
This review is from: Lenovo G570 15.6 inch Laptop - Black (Intel i5 2430M 2.4GHz, RAM 6GB, HDD 750GB, DVDRW, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit) (Personal Computers)
Very nicely built laptop for the money with a decent spec. I don't think the screen is as rich looking as a similar priced Samsung but it is still pretty good. I have taken a 1/2 star off for the slightly cheap screen and another 1/2 star simply because of the strange way that lenovo have partitioned the drive. At 750gGb you would think that a nice 45/45 split would be a good idea (with the other 10% split off for recovery and OEM). Unfortunately they have split it into a tiny 200mb system partition, a 14gb OEM partition, a main C: drive of 660mb which leaves just a small amount that they have split off as a small extended partition with a logical drive of 30gb. Because of this strange partition setup it means it is impossible to re-arrange the D: drive partition into a decent size (for use as a scratch disk etc)from within the windows partition manager, the user has to use the command prompt to re-arrange the whole drive setup which is hardly a user friendly simple way of doing things. Obviously if you have no use for a decent disk partition then it's five stars :)The case does show fingerprints but so did my old laptop so not a problem to me :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Who says u have to pay for style and speed ??, 30 Nov 2011
I have a Sony Vaio which I absolutely love but as I moved base I had to leave my laptop with my better half leaving me in need of a good laptop with a high spec ... surprisingly for the price offered on amazon website for this laptop, the deal seemed too good to be true and I couldnt really miss it .... When the laptop came I was a bit worried as I knew you cant really tell how the feel of the laptop would be from photos etc . . . but I was in for a surprise ... the laptop looks MUCH better in real life ... in fact i think i like the feel of the laptop more than my Vaio ! Although the wrist support does get smudged with finger prints quite fast its a brilliant looking machine.

I had read in a earlier review that a person hadnt got what he had ordered in terms of specs . . . so was also worried about tht ... but I have got exactly what was written in the specs ... I havent yet loaded my heavy graphic softwares on the machine but will do so in the next week or so ... but with the basic softwares it seems like a fast computer. easy to set up ... didnt bother with the face recognition software cause u need good lighting and i tend to work with dim lights sometimes ...

only criticism i might have is the speakers r on the bottom of the laptop ... doesnt make a big difference to the sounds quality but does dim the sound if u have it on ur lap or on a laptop pillow etc.

would definitely recommend buying it for the price and amazon delivered it as promised on time.

=============================================================================================================================
After using the laptop for a couple of weeks I have realised there are a few issues which might I initially thought are teething problems ...
the Boot optimiser works during start up inspite of disabling it ! and further more after starting it restarts to complete final step which i found quite irritating ... planning to uninstall it . . .
also while installing new programs if u dont 'run as administrator' (this is when i am the sole user and administrator aswell) the computer just restarts on its own with warning ! most of the times after 75% installation is complete !

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast, solid, good value laptop, 1 Jan 2012
Overall this is an excellent laptop. At the time of purchase most machines of a similar price were i3 based, so to get a 2nd generation i5, and 6gb of ram, represents excellent value. The laptop is free of bloatware (take note, HP, Toshiba, Sony etc), is very well built, and performance is swift - this laptop is pretty quick. I've used this with the main office applications, Photoshop, with many windows open at once, and it switches between them with minimal fuss. Great keyboard as well.

The (slight) downside is the screen. It's not bad, but isn't the best I've used. The viewing angle is very small and the colours are a bit washed out. However, not a major deal breaker.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop, super fast and looks great as well...., 9 Dec 2011
Just received this laptop in Malta from Amazon.co.uk, after about 10 days from my order... So, that is very good... I bought this as a Christmas present for my wife, so she will be using it after Christmas.... of course for now I haven't really used it that much, so my review is only after a day's use... But as I said, product comes ready to use, it looks great, and it is impressively fast... I am a mac user, so to see it fast, it must be good...
Thanks amazon, and so far I recommend this product... If there is any issues in the future, I will update this review....

3.0 out of 5 stars Squeaky/clicking hinge - otherwise great, 25 Feb 2012
As far as the price performance ratio this is a great machine with 7/10 on looks. The large hdd and memory are the selling points for me. One of the issues (and this is common with laptops these days) is that the screen resolution is terrible 1366x786 or similar. Now if you go back a few years much higher resolutions were available on the market for laptops but nowadays we seem to be stuck with this crap. by all means, hook up the laptop to a big screen and its great but do not expect a great quality screen. plenty of backlight bleed and very crap viewing angles.you must be head on to get an average picture. also do not expect "deep blacks" as its just not going to be found on this laptop. i have purchased this machine on the 9th of Jan and today is the 25th of Feb. the left hinge on the laptop has developed a click (quite loud as well!) every time you open close the lid or attempt to adjust it. perfectly, lenovo customer service is closed on sat and sun fyi. no points for the screen lid and hinge build quality. let me simply add that i take care of my hardware and hence this machine has not been moved from its desk top position since i got it - therefore i cant really comment on how the hinge started making the noise (no drops bumps etc). I will update after i've contacted lenovo and see how they will help me out with this defect.

3.0 out of 5 stars LAPTOP, 9 Feb 2012
I purchased this laptop before christmas, based on spec, cost and other readers reviews.

Firstly I got the usual first class delivery service from Amazon, aspecially considering the time of year.

As to the laptop itself is does everything I require of it, it starts quickly, has a good battery life, and runs well.

On the down side the sound is very poor, I get constant interference when playing games/video clips etc, very disappointing considering the price, accordingly I have marked it down slightly for that reason.

4.0 out of 5 stars great computer but microsoft office starter missing, 17 Dec 2011
This is a great computer for the money. Very fast and responsive. Easy to set up. My only complaint is that the microsoft office starter cant be downloaded and so I will have to buy microsoft office. I`ve read a few other reviews that say the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good Laptop, 28 Jan 2012
The Lenovo G570 is a beautiful and fast Laptop that has everything I need. I did not know much about the brand but after having a look around and talking to a few experts I decided that it is the best piece available at that price. I was not disappointed. It is fast and looks even better than on the photos. The metal surface is really nice to touch and the keyboard is good and has all the keys you need (the k key is a bit to sensitive though). The touch pad with working well even if the multitouch function is far behind apple's - but who really needs it?! At this price it is a really nice laptop that performs well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!, 19 Jan 2012
I agree with the positive reviews 4star and above. This laptop comes with Office Starter version which can be upgraded if you want the full version. The keyboard is fantastic. It feels really good and strong. the brushed steel effect around the key pad gives the laptop a high end feel. The screen isn't amazing but it isn't awful. Everything loads up super fast and the so called 'bloatware' is easily uninstalled. There isn't too much to remove. My laptop arrived with the spec advertised i5 6ram and 750gb storage so all is cool there. The delivery was very quick. I am finding this laptop a real pleasure and after doing so much research for '500 or less' laptop I am really pleased I chose this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warp 9.9, 13 Dec 2011
This little beauty is quick and pound for pound is really good value. Really easy to fire up from scratch.
Time will tell about reliability but I've no reason to fear the future.
Like the fact it wasn't slowed down with a pile of useless software.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›