4.0 out of 5 stars Size isn't everything - but it helps
First things first. Please examine the pictures of this item and the product description of it before you buy - I wouldn't want you to be disappointed when this "boombox" (really...?) turns up and is actually the size of a small alarm clock. You have been warned. I think "small portable speaker" would have been a better description.

Anyway. Despite the size,...
Published on 26 Jan. 2012 by Paul Fillery

3.0 out of 5 stars Below average bluetooth speaker.
The sound quality does not equal its price tag by a long way. You can purchase bluetooth speakers now at half the price with same or better sound qaulity. The bulid of the speaker itself is very good its just way over priced for sound quality
Published 15 months ago by M. J. Armstrong

4.0 out of 5 stars Size isn't everything - but it helps, 26 Jan. 2012
Paul Fillery (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Anyway. Despite the size, the item has a very nice minimalist look, and I'm always a sucker for blue LED's. The set-up instructions were very brief (par for the course for Logitech) but reasonably straightforward to understand regarding set-up. Syncing my HTC Desire with it via Bluetooth was painless and quick(when will manufacturers of peripherals realise that Iphones aren't as common as they think they are?), and it charged pretty quickly via USB plug (nice to have a 2-pin adaptor for travel purposes as well). Sound is very good considering the actual size of the unit; handles treble well and vocals are crisp. I must admit I haven't tried anything too "basey" on it yet, but generally unless you're a real audio snob then there's no big problem with the sound from this unit, considering what it's reproducing (compressed digital music) and what it's designed for (outside, bathroom, travel, etc). It's great to have it in the bathroom, and instead of getting up to change tracks/albums, I can control it all from my phone.

If you don't have bluetooth connectivity on your MP3 player (Ipod Classic, for example), the unit does have a socket for a 3.5mm jack, though you will need to buy a cable for this. But then, the main appeal of this item is surely the Bluetooth connectivity. And on that level, it doesn't disappoint - just don't move too far away from it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant sound for such a small device, 25 Dec. 2012
After seeing a family members Bose bluetooth speaker, I decided it was something I wanted to play music from my laptop and phone. However the price put me off, then I read a review in a magazine of the top 5 speakers and this was one of them. I ordered it without hearing it, which was a risk but well worth it. When it arrived I expected slightly better quality than my phone and laptop, instead it was massively better. It sounds great, was easy to connect to and is unbelievably small. It charged quickly, and is portable, I keep moving it between the kitchen and lounge, although I'm thinking of getting a second one to save doing that.

A fellow work colleague was looking at bluetooth speakers, so I took this into work so he could listen to it. We didn't tell anyone in the office what we were doing and when the music started colleagues were wondering where the sound was coming from, when we pointed to it they couldn't believe something so small was producing such good, loud sound. Definitely recommend this product if your after a good bluetooth speaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great product by Logitech!, 16 Dec. 2011
S. Patel "S Patel" (UK) - See all my reviews
From opening the box to listening to music took as little as 5 minutes. The setup was so easy. Plug in the box, pair it up with your bluetooth enabled device and off you go! All the instructions are supplied in the box

There is a tiny microphone pinhole on the left side of the panel, to act as a speakerphone when pairing up the device from your phone. Durable black rubber material covers the side panels and the back panel houses the micro USB connection (for charging), a 3.5mm aux input, and the power switch. An included USB cable connects either to a computer or the included charger, but it is quite short, which makes charging a bit of a pain.

The sound quality is great and can be controlled from your phone (which is where I was playing the music off) or the box itself. Though there is no deep bass to be had from such a tiny system, the speakers do a great job and are sufficent enough for our requirements.

This portable speaker will be great in the summer for BBQs. As long as the boombox is charged, you can play music anywhere.

We have the boombox in the kitchen which acts as our stereo and radio player (via an app on the phone) - no need for these expensive DBA radios, you can have it all with the Logitech boombox.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and quality, 16 Dec. 2011
I've had it about a week and have used it most days and have been really impressed with it. It was so simple to sync it to the iPhone 4 and each time you turn it on it connects immediately. It was physically much smaller than I expected but has a quality feel and surprisingly good sound for its size. It's got rubber strips under it to stop it moving around or transmitting all the vibrations into the surface it's on.

I've used it outside and the range was good but if there's an obstruction between your device and the speaker it does have a momentary glitch every so often but once I was aware of that and ensured a clear signal path it was perfect. Battery life is good and charging simple. It'll be a really useful thing to take out and about in the summer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for something so small, 7 Feb. 2012
J. Baldwin "Reader" (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
THis thing is rather dinky and fairly easy to set up (I use a Mac and the speaker just "appeared" as an output.
The sound isn't bad - obviously it's not going to be up to the standards of a hi fi but I found that placed on a wooden desk (which adds to the bass) it served well for speech (talking books, podcasts, radio etc) and passably for music (though it struggled with classical - pop not so bad but it's often mixed for speakers like this).
When not in use the speaker goes in to sleep mode and that causes a problem because you need to tell your computer to use it for output again when it's woken up. This can be a faff. Tip: on a Mac, press the alt key and click on the speaker icon in your menu bar. This will show you input and output options without you having to go to system preferences).

All in all not a bad little device - better than my laptop's own speakers, not as good as a hi fi. A good office speaker for the occasional lunchtime radio or podcast fix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Packs a punch, 3 Jan. 2012
This arrived this morning, and I am mightily impressed with the sound this little beauty chicks out. It is tiny, much smaller than I expected (mini boombox - exactly!), but it has a bit of weight to it. I must say that the promotional video where it shakes the items on the table is not far off, if you hold it when playing loud you'll feel those good vibrations!

Love the touch sensitive controls, it paired instantly with my iPod Touch 4gen and iPad2.

A bit pricey for a small speaker - yes. Worth it for the lack of wires - yep. Very portable indeed and an internal rechargeable battery via USB is very useful indeed. Can't comment on the battery life yet, will assume it does what it says on the tin and will edit later if not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little speaker, 24 Jun. 2012
Just bought a Logitec mini wireless boombox in white. It's much smaller than I expected and hardly weights anything. I've paired it with iPhone (i-Tunes) in seconds, and the sound is amazing. You can't believe that such a small product would give such a superb sound. The bass is particularly noticeable in music such as Dance songs etc. It's such a tiny speaker, but don't underestimate the sound that comes from it. I will be using this in class (I am a teacher) as well as taking on holiday/outside with me. Well done to Logitec for an excellent produce that's also reasonably priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kicking sound!, 30 Aug. 2012
G. Palmer "gorpalm" (London) - See all my reviews
Very easy to set up straight out the box and link with your bluetooth mp3 player / phone, and comes with recharge USB cable and plug.

For its size, it produces exceptional sound - Very loud, Very clear. Certainly enough for a party in a kitchen/hotel bedroom. I haven't pushed it right to the limit as I don't want to test a new piece of kit to potential destruction for the sake of it, but getting very near max volume settings on phone and speaker both does not produce any distortion - Impressive!

Good sound range - Bass is a "representation" rather than dominant (could you call it a higher-frequency bass?), but in no way is the sound unpleasant; Also produces decent clear mid-ranges and trebles. There is some stereo separation noticeable, its not very wide but I expect that there is some sound enhancement technology in use - In fact pretty much sure of it as the speakers themselves look to be less than 1cm apart!

Oh and the little video that they show does hint at a truth - you can play it loud enough that the whole unit vibrates but still without distortion.

The touch sensitive controls on the top of the unit work very well, and its a definite convenience to be able to change tracks from the speaker as well as your phone/player. Haven't tried the built in mic for phone calls yet, but it wasnt the reason I bought the device.

Minor distractions from perfection -
1) The USB slot in the unit is a mini-usb which is the older standard (eg my original PSP has a mini-usb slot), rather than micro-usb (which is what just about everything else I've recently bought uses). It means when travelling have to remember to take two cables not one.
2) When playing quieter pieces of music for an extended time it seems like the speaker doesn't recognise its streaming music, so puts itself into standby mode (its a built-in power saving device for when its switched on but inactive for half hour or so).

Overall highly recommended (unless you're fastidious about your cabling, or plan to listen to soft music only).

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!, 27 Aug. 2012
A Laba - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Mini Wireless Boombox - Red (Electronics)
Easy connection. Good sound. Cool design. This is definately a must have!
It's very small and hardly weighs anything, so at first its a shock to everyone to hear such a great sound coming out of this little thing! The battery lasts fora VERY long time. It takes about a few seconds to connect it to a new device. Perfect for outdoor activities. Took it to the beach with me while on holidays, and to my personal training sessions in the park.
Im very impressed with this device. Do not hesitate to buy it! You will Love it! ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but mighty, 15 Feb. 2012
Grr "Gumbo" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I received my Logitech Mini Wireless Boombox two days ago and I have to say I am mightily impressed. The boombox itself was well packaged but once I managed to get it open I was able to activate the Bluetooth connection successfully within a few minutes - the instructions were simple and easy to follow.

The device itself is pretty tiny, smaller than I expected but this doesn't have an effect on the strength of the output. In fact it has a bit more to it than I had actually expected. The quality of the sound is really good and easy to control from your master device (in my case my mobile phone). Although you cannot get the same quality of sound that you would with much larger speakers - this is especially true for the bass side of things - there is nothing tinny about the sound quality and for use in the home it is perfect.

In addition to the standard power plug you are able to charge the boombox through a USB connection to your pc which is a very useful addition. This makes it even more portable and adaptable than I originally anticipated.

A very welcome addition to our home - I am sure as the summer approaches we will find it extremely useful to use for music outdoors as well as indoors

Logitech Mini Wireless Boombox - Red