5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, thoroughly recommended
Having read & studied a large number of performance books for both cars & motorcycles over the years, I can whole heartedly recommend Total Control.

Published on 12 May 2009 by S. Ainley

1.0 out of 5 stars Street riding?
I bought the book expecting information on riding on streets, but the book covered mostly riding on tracks with a street bike. I returned the book.
Published on 13 Oct 2010 by G. Yang

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, thoroughly recommended, 12 May 2009
S. Ainley (UK) - See all my reviews

This book contains a great depth of technical information, particularly with respect to riding technique, without being unnecessarily heavy or overwhelming. It also contains the single best step-by-step illustrated explanation of correct high speed turning technique that I have ever read or been given (again illustrated with excellent photographs including images of poor, good, & superb technique). Other advice includes correct set up of motorcycle suspension, & preparation of a bike for racing use.

Lee Parks is undoubtedly a very experienced motorcyclist and is also an excellent author. He has an exceptionally clear style & an entertaining sense of humour, the combination of which make for a truly exceptional book which is both enjoyable & easy to read.

I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this book for anyone interested in learning good motorcycle technique, be they at a relatively early stage, or an advanced rider looking for accurate technical riding information with which to check or improve their performance. Total Control is extremely well judged in breadth & depth, & quite possibly the best "go faster" book for road use I have ever read.

4.0 out of 5 stars What this book does well., 19 Jun 2006
This book fills a much neglected gap between beginners books such as Motorcycle Roadcraft and full on specialist bike setup manuals. It covers a large range of topics with good depth considering the limited amount of space allocated to each chapter. The technical sections on suspension in particular are an excellent overview which will probably persuade you to leave things alone. Much of psychology of riding refers heavily to Keith Codes work and if you have his books then much of this book will be a waste of your time.

Overall an excellent book for intermediate street riders looking to learn a little more in depth about everything.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 out of 5, 21 Dec 2006
David (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
As a relatively new rider, I found this book both reassuring and insightful. I found myself thinking "So that's what I'm doing (wrong)" at times, and was able to practice and improve my skills using the advice given. I will happily admit that I dip into this book every couple of weeks to refresh on the tips - "one hand to steer" - as some of it is counter-intuitive and a bit scary the first time...

I bought this book on a recommendation, and would recommend it to anyone who can take it steadily and can avoid the temptation to radically alter their riding style all at once.

VTR1000, 1 trackday, 0 crashes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Street riding?, 13 Oct 2010
G. Yang (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 7 Jun 2009
Antti Auer (Oulu, Finland) - See all my reviews
This is one of the best mc books ever read. Good tips also for those having some experience. At least I got practical advices which already proven to be efficient in use.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must if you want to see what you are doing wrong on a bike, 29 Jun 2014
Mr. Alan Mcthredder "Alan McT" (Brighton) - See all my reviews
This book and 'A Twist of the Wrist' by Keith Code are wonderful books. If you feel you know how to ride a motorcycle quickly, as I did for 40 years, you are in for a surprise. They both have techniques that can make you faster and safer in any circumstance. Counter-steering properly has to be done to be believed. I was aware of it but never deliberately played with it before. And there is a lot more.

3.0 out of 5 stars More racing than road use?, 15 Sep 2013
Some useful road riding tips and techniques and probably good guidance for those trying track days. Shame it is aimed at the American bikers and a lot of pages dedicated to race preparation and suspension set up, which is of limited value for Mr Average road biker. Still a good read but you'd be better off buying Roadcraft and doing the IAM Skills for Life package.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it., 6 April 2013
This review is from: Total Control: High Performance Street Riding Techniques (Kindle Edition)
A must if you ride a bike. I'm new to big bikes and I read some most days.
Certain it contains something for the experienced too.

2.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment, 15 Mar 2013
I bought this for my friend and i should of sent it back but because it was so close to his birthday i couldn't really. It was mostly US and my friend had never heard of him either. I thought it was going to be about sprinting in this country but it wasn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Riding techniques from experience., 12 Mar 2013
A very good, easy to read book with plenty of apparently very sound advice. Clearly drawn from the authors extensive experience. A number of technical handling issues described with experience and exceptional clarity. Very impressive. All I have to do now is apply some of it to my own riding. You never stop learning. This is the best book of its kind I have read.