on 25 June 2015
so good, i have since bought 3 copies for friends as quirky as the book is.
on 24 November 2014
Book quality is very good. Cover is not hard, however not very thin.
on 7 February 2016
Great book. It's gripping and I was finished before I even started.
on 28 January 2002
...Its a brilliant book. You get the picture from the other reviews here, all I can add is that it was real, surreal, touching, effecting, lasting. What an incredible range of mind - not just an ability to come-up with crazy plots but the eye for detail and ability to paint connected nuance that means the daft plot not just hangs together; it sings. Its a Japanese lullaby of grace and beauty.
Wonderful. My only regret is that I let a year pass before I read it.
on 21 November 2001
This was the first of the Murakami books that I read, a gift from a friend. In simple language a mood of amused dread is evoked and maintained throughout, like walking through a wildly distorted and mildly threatening landscape. While not as substantial as, say, Wind Up Bird nor as poignant as South of the Border it is a marvelous romp and worthy of reading on its own merit.
on 21 June 2015
You can not have too many copies of this wonderful book
on 4 January 2005
The writing is exquisite. At first I didn't think that there was any actual story, but it creeps up on you and then takes a strong hold. I find remarkable similarities, in both style and plot, between this book and Charles Bukowski's Pulp. Both are wonderful.
on 28 December 2015
Great novel, one of my favourites by Murakami.
on 3 December 2015
Prompt delivery, item as described
on 27 November 2015
as all Murakami books - stunning.