5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant! The best anatomy textbook I have ever read!
Published on 11 Nov 2008 by Dr. Peter K. Chan

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor images
Published on 6 Aug 2012 by Rickski

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant! The best anatomy textbook I have ever read!, 11 Nov 2008
Just received this book today via 3rd party seller on Amazon. Was taken in by the reviews but was actually blown away when I opened it. I cannot express just how good the illustrations are. For instance, when reading the shoulder, the individual muscle groups are shown in different images gradually building the picture up and with many different views to aid in 3-D visualization The text is also brilliant, concise, informative and most importantly, pertinent clinical references.
I am currently studying for my FRCSOrth exams and needed a good anatomy book because all mine (all 5 of them!) were lacking in some way. This will disappoint anyone who is practicing musculoskeletal medicine.
It is not a comprehensive anatomy textbook (omits thorax, abdominal contents etc) and does not profess to be. If you are in the market for this type of anatomy textbook then I challenge you to find a better one. I showed my wife the textbook today (she is a physio) and even she took it and read it for about an hour!
My exam is next week. If only I had discovered this textbook sooner!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor images, 6 Aug 2012
This review is from: General Anatomy and Musculoskeletal System (THIEME Atlas of Anatomy) (Kindle Edition)
Having never seen the physical book I can't comment although I imagine it is very clear in terms of the images. Unfortunately this can not be said for the kindle version. Very grainy images with blurred labelling make this title an extreme disappointment. The content is probably fine but due to the quality I have looked elsewhere. Note: I am using the new 3rd gen retina iPad which may expose the images unfairly.

5.0 out of 5 stars General Anatomy and Musculoskeletal System, 28 July 2010
Ian Ashworth (Ramsbottom UK) - See all my reviews
A superb book, well worth the money, and a good price too! Delivered promptly and well packaged, what can I say - well done Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 18 May 2008
C. Piermario (Italy) - See all my reviews
I totally agree with the previous reviews. This book really fills the gap between medical books - too much specialized for the majority of the people - and general anatomy books with short descriptions. And, above all, the pictures are the best I know in their field. I highly recommend this book to students and practitioners of bodywork, psychophysical integration and movement education.

5.0 out of 5 stars second to none, 22 Oct 2007
I agree completely with the above review. This is by far my best atlas of anatomy. The Thieme series are so meticulous in the detail and layout. This atlas and the neck/internal organs sit on my desk at all times for reference to all therapeutic applications. The drawings, MRI scans and information within is second to none.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Incredible, 23 Nov 2007
This book is the best anatomy textbook on the market. Period. It blows Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy away. You won't regret getting the Thieme Anatomy series. Unbelievable pictures and concise text.