5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech M525 Wireless Mouse
Published on 28 Sept. 2012 by Ken Crocket

3.0 out of 5 stars Only for little hands...
I was looking for a full-size desktop replacement mouse that was wireless and sadly this is not it - it looks like a mouse that has been shrunk in the wash!

I am sure this is a great product if you are a child, have small hands or wish for something portable but it was much too small for my average male adult sized mitts.

I ordered this item a little...
Published 23 months ago by Mr Smyth

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech M525 Wireless Mouse, 28 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Logitech M525 Wireless Mouse - Black (Accessory)
I was recommended this mouse by a friend so I could actually try it myself before buying. It is an eye-opener as not only does it live up to its specs, it somehow has advanced the technology. One example; battery power has so far been a big drawback to wireless devices - not with this baby! I've had it for months, and my friend for longer, and so far it has not eaten any batteries. As another example of this device's superior design, the tiny USB connector it uses can be stored inside the mouse when not used. This would be great for travelling, as being so small it could easily be misplaced.

I liked the look of it, and went for the red and black look. It curls into my hand grip, it's accurate, not choosy about pad surfaces, and is easily adjusted. I preferred it to scroll in smaller steps for carefule reading on-screen, so I adjusted this in seconds. And the scrolling is silky smooth.

Final accolade? I like it so much I bought one for my wife. And she likes it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Purpose, 29 Jun. 2012
P. J. Mccluskey "Macca" (Sunderland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech M525 Wireless Mouse - Black (Accessory)
When I started looking for a wireless mouse, I wanted something that was small enough to be portable but big enough to be comfortable. After lots of searching, I came across this model which seemed to be a good compromise of all the features anyone could want.
Pro's : Perfect size, comfortable, accurate and very responsive on any surface. Wireless USB dongle is tiny so can be left in your laptop if you like and it firmly fits inside the mouse for storage. Works out of the box for standard functions and can be re-configured using software downloadable from the Logitech website. Once out of the packaging, I was up and running in less than one minute and most of that time was trying to get the supplied batteries out of the plastic packaging! Mouse wheel moves left and right as well as the standard back and forth and button push for additional functionality. Good solid construction so feels like it could take a few knocks during travel and still perform well. I've tested the range a bit by leaving my laptop on my desk then using the mouse from a colleague's desk some distance away and my eyesight on the mouse pointer failed before the mouse did! Too soon to comment on battery life but no trouble so far and a there's a neat little power switch on the underside to switch it off when not in use. All this and it looks and feels good too!

Cons : Nothing of any major consequence, just a few points to note.
1. As with all mice of this type, it's a little heavier than a wired mouse but almost all of the weight is the batteries.
2. The mouse wheel almost free-wheels rather than the usual 'notch' rotation of most mice - not a problem but may not be to everyone's liking.
3. Surprisingly, my biggest gripe is the packaging (Logitech's not Amazon's delivery packaging). It's fairly large and solid for what it contains and would look good on a store shelf but you'll need a knife or scissors to get the mouse out of the clear plastic part of the packaging. It took far longer to get the mouse out of the packaging than it did do check the instructions, install the batteries, install the dongle and P&P drivers and get working with it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Only for little hands..., 17 May 2013

I ordered this item a little unclear as to the sizing of the product. On Logitech's website there is all the information you could ever wish for apart from the product sizes (the Microsoft mouse site is much better in this regard).

After more research, I've ordered the M510 which will hopefully do the job of replacing my wired mouse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great design, but it loses connectivity, 8 Jan. 2014
I bought this on the strength of having bought an M505 fairly recently, which I am delighted with. This is for another computer. It works fine, apart from the fact that it disconnects if left idle for more than about 5 minutes or I lock the PC when I walk away from it. It reconnects easily enough by switching the mouse off and on again, so it's only an irritation, but as a result, it doewn't get 5 stars. In all other respects, it works fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 24 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Logitech M525 Wireless Mouse - Black (Accessory)
I have this and the M505 for use on 2 laptops. This is fantastic as it works on various surfaces such as wood, fabrics, plastics, paper, magazines ...... all with good to excellent. It does not work on glass but that's because nothing is being reflected back. Battery life is excellent and its stilled working despite being dropped around 40 or so times.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very laggy & imprecise, 8 Mar. 2014
I was hoping this would work alongside my K800 keyboard, but unfortunately it has been a bit of a disaster and I've resorted to using my ancient MS wireless mouse instead.

As far as I can tell its a problem with the "Unifying" adaptor, which seems unable to run both the keyboard & mouse smoothly. As noted in my previous review, this might be a consequence of incompatibilities with Windows 8.1. A big company like Logitech should really have delivered approved drivers by now, particularly with the imminent arrival of Windows 81. update 1.

The mouse is also quite small, which I find quite helpful owing to having a messy, cluttered desk, but if you're used to a "standard" sized MS mouse it may come as a shock

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and responsive, 27 Mar. 2013
I had been using cheap wireless mice I bought from Hong Kong for about a quid a shot with postage. They did work, but a set of alakaline batteries (2 x AAA) lasted about a week if lucky and they fell to bits if dropped on the floor. This mouse is a lot more solid, and it says the batteries (2 x AA) will last up to three years, been a few weeks so far, and they are still working. Green as it was a tenner cheaper than any other colour, looks nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Logitech wireless mouse, 5 Jan. 2013
We had been shopping around for a mouse that was not only wireless, but would be comfortable to use (as I suffer from RSI on occasions that I am at a computer any length of time). The mouse took literally a minute to set up and worked straight away. It is very comfortable to use as it has 2 grooves either side of the wheel where your fingers rest and the rest sits nicely under your palm. My husband is also very happy with it for the same reason. Using the wheel for scrolling up and down a document or a web site for example, it gives very accurate, precise and controlled searching ability. You can also use the wheel to open a link or attachment by pushing on the wheel, go forward or back on the internet by pushing against it to the left to go back and right to go forward. So happy with it I have purchased another one for work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but middle button unusable, 23 Nov. 2014
J. Parnell (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech M525 Wireless Mouse - Black (Accessory)
Given regular use of this mouse I would not purchase again. There are many good things about it - it has a quality feel, it is a small portable size yet still feels comfortable in the hand and the wireless works well.

But the middle button which I use regularly for opening and closing tabs, just doesn't work well. Other reviewers have mentioned it too, but when you click the middle button it also scrolls down or up due to the scroll being so insanely sensitive. There is no need for it to be so sensitive, but there is loads of reasons to use the middle button.

I would get a different mouse next time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well and downsides of weight and friction can be overcome, 25 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Logitech M525 Wireless Mouse - Black (Accessory)
I'm on my third M525 at the moment (two still working nicely, one died of a failed scroll wheel), so I guess I like the things.
Pros: Accurate, ergonomic, good tactile balance in the switches, low-profile USB dongle, good battery life.
Cons: Heavy, high stiction and friction, scroll wheel has a noticable wear rate and rotates more freely as it wears.

Oddly this mouse has two AA cells in parallel, an unusual and frankly ill-advised arrangement (particularly if the cells are mis-matched), and this is the main reason the mouse is so heavy. Happily this also means that the mouse will operate on just one cell, making the weight much more acceptable and still giving a few months of battery life. Upgrading to Skatez CS28090 Teflon (PTFE) feet (not actually listed for the M525, but they do fit perfectly) massively reduces the stiction and friction and makes the M525 very easy to use.

In summary: A great mouse if you remove one AA cell and fit lower friction feet.

Logitech M525 Wireless Mouse - Black