2,454 Reviews
 (1,829)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent case for the new iPad
I bought this case for the new iPad - as the old Tecknet case used with my iPad 2, wouldn't operate the magnetic 'sleep' function on the new iPad.

Published on 4 April 2012 by J. B. Mitchell

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but has a couple of flaws
It's almost churlish to be negative about this case for the price, but there are some aspects that, I think, detract quite seriously from the iPad experience.

Published on 3 July 2010 by Chris Dymond

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent case for the new iPad, 4 April 2012

This case is faux leather, but looks great and offers a good deal of protection - far more than the official iPad smart cover which is much more expensive. Just in case anyone is worried, this new case does operate the magnetic 'sleep' function on the new (third generation) iPad perfectly well. If you are looking for a well made, attractive, cover that offers real protection at a very competitive price, I don't think you can do much better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 14 July 2010
Like others, I bought this mostly because of the price and the other reviews. It turns out to be well made, very smart and pleasant to use. The leather feels good, the stitching is mostly even and neatly done, and the magnetic closures work well. The ribbing on the front which is used to hold the case open as a stand looks good, and I'm really pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, 17 Jun 2010
I must say I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of this product, I bought it as a stop gap until I could source an official apple case ( out of stock everywhere )

After receiving the case I now realize it is more than adequate for my needs and I no longer have the need for an apple case, I have therefore made a nice saving in monetary terms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy-looking item, 4 Jun 2011
This classy-looking item was despatched promptly, and protects both the front AND the back of the iPad 2. The finish of the material is excellent, and everybody that's seen the new cover has commented favourably. The magnetic cover that operates the "off" function is a great battery saver. I would highly recommend this item, especially when an Apple-brand leather cover is £59.00 and only covers the front of the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price, it can't be beat, 30 May 2010
S. Horton - See all my reviews
it is an excellent deal when compared to the price of some of the other cases out there. It looks nice, protects your device adequately, and folds into stand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product- Tremendous Value, 18 Oct 2011
This review is from: TeckNet iPad Folio Genuine Leather Case Cover and Flip Stand For Apple iPad 1st Generation (Electronics)
Having read previous reviews I purchased this iPad Cover. It is excellent- fits the iPad perfectly, look's professional and does the job is is meant to do.

It is a lot cheaper than the Apple product- It is a quality product and I would highly recommend this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case but small problem, 17 Jun 2010
S. R. Kay - See all my reviews
This is an excellent case the magnetic catches work well and the quality is very good for the price. There is one small issue buyers should be aware of the iPad has an ambient light sensor built into the top centre of the screen, the case unfortunately doesn't have a gap to allow the light through resulting in a constantly dimmer screen. However if you don't mind taking a craft knife to your new case a 5 minute modification through cutting a central 1 cm wide by 0.5cm deep letterbox style opening instantly solves the problem. So not the perfect case but a damn good try. Overall I am more than happy even though I had to do the modification. Would have been 5 stars however a very worthy 4 Stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 14 July 2010
Mr "Andy B" (Lincoln, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Really an excellent product for the price. I bought a really rubbish £20 case when I bought my ipad which was just basically a padded bag. This is a smart fold out leather case that the ipad can permanently live in. Really very good and recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but has a couple of flaws, 3 July 2010

The first one is that it's quite thick - the ipad is such a slim, svelte device that the case, which, as the outermose leaves are double-layered for rigidity, effectively adds five layers of material to the package, roughly trebbling the thickness of the it.

The second is that the material framing the screen of the iPad covers all of the non-touch-sensitive margin, which makes things that are close to the edge of the screen, especially the bottom of the screen such as the spacebar, quite difficult to access. This is especially noticable when typing as I frequently hit the n or m button with my thumb instead of the spacebar. I notice that the 'screen frame' of the official Apple case is about half the width of the non-touch-sensitive margin.

The final minor quibble is that you can't fold it into a wedge like you can with the official case, which would be nice (notwithstanding a few issues with that case as well). I still don't know what the ideal case looks like - so hard a to protect a device that is intrinsically so finely designed and finished. However, TeckNet solicited my feedback soon after purchasing, and I think if they keep doing that, keep listening to what people feed back and keep their prices low enough so that we might iterate through some designs together, we might get somewhere :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing buy for the price, 3 Jun 2010
P. Khetrapal "brrip" (London) - See all my reviews
I ordered this case as a temporary solution, until the better cases start shipping, but I'm quite amazed to find that this case is really good, especially for the price. The leather finish is quite clean, the grooves for the stand on the front are a lot less of an eyesore than I expected, and there's no leather smell even on arrival. A real steal for the price. Might just stick with this permanently.

The only downside I can think of is that there are no pockets, but I'd say better no pockets than cheap looking ones. It does have a little slot which I assume is for holding a pen, but it's really tiny and I couldn't fit a standard ballpoint sized pen in the slot. So maybe a really really thin stylus MIGHT fit. It's just above the clip for closing the case.

EDIT: I ordered this case a second time, and amazingly enough, this second case was different. Pretty similar, except the first case had a clip to close it, the second one was magnetic. The first one had a glossy finish, the second one was matt. It's odd to say the least, but both cases were nice in their own way.