on 17 April 2012
Just arrived, out of the box and here I am writing this review on my new Samsung NC110!

Was originally looking at getting a tablet as friends and family have Ipads but I cant buy into all that Apple monopoly its the principle of the thing and the alternatives are expensive and relatively new tech so considered the risk too great. So decided to go down the netbook route for transportability and battery life(hopefully).

So I guess this is what you are interested in....
Initially liking so far, but keyboard will take some getting used to, used to pc with number pad etc!
Sets up by itself just switch on and wait - GOOD
Takes a while though so be patient.
Connected to wireless network without any issues. GOOD
Not much in the way of written instructions included - BAD
But there is extensive info on user guide that downloads to desktop.

**** 23.04.12 - update ****
sadly had to return this today - a couple of times it gave an error message about broadband connection and had to reset whole system to re connect. Tried to receive emails and it struggled to cope and froze up. Battery life monitor had a mind of its own and told you varying hours remaining despite the % stayed the same.
Felt let down by this unit as it had seemed so easy and simple when first received.

Amazon Returns - 1st time I had used this and despite a little hiccup - the collection driver did not arrive at my place of work before my shift ended after a call to Yodel collecting depot who may I add were very helpful. The driver was called and requested to return and do the collection as originally planned. **27.04.12** - Amazon confirmed receipt of return and refund - THANKS AMAZON
on 15 May 2012
What a cracking little netbook! Yeah, it's slower than a desktop or full laptop - it's a netbook! My aging 13" MacBook was starting to hit a few issues, and I had enough Amazon vouchers to get one of these as an emergency fall-back plan, and for easy mobility. It's so good, we hardly bother with the MacBook any more. That little Atom is a 64-bit dual-core item with Hyperthreading, so it's a 4-thread CPU. Brilliant. If you want it to go fast, I bet some more memory in the DDR3 slot (and maybe a 64-bit copy of Windows) would work wonders, although the graphics will never be up to much. It runs Microsoft Word beautifully, if you don't mind peering at a couple of paragraphs at a time. The keyboard is excellent.
on 6 January 2012
A very exeptionally good machine does everything the ad said except I havent seen full battery life yet, However I would recommend this machine over wasting your money for a more expensive unit that will do just as well as the nc110.
on 24 April 2012
It took a long time to decide whether I needed a netbook or a tablet. My needs are mostly for business use while travelling and after a couple of overseas trips I'm glad I chose a netbook. This one works very well, it's pretty light, does everything I need and has USB ports so that I can transfer data easily and an external screen port so that I can link it up to a projector. Significant deciding factor on this model was the non-reflective screen, it's much easier to read in bright lights.
on 4 June 2012
Bought this for my husband to save on phone calls when he is working in Sweden. Arrived on time, portable and light, conneced to Skype with no problems, has already paid for itself by what we have saved in phonecalls with the bonus I now see my husband when I am talking to him.
Upgraded with a 2gb memory module which was easy to install.
Husband reports it does everything he wanted to keep in touch with family, internet, e mails, facebook, skype etc.and lots more.
on 16 July 2012
Great speedy little netbook. Does everything I want it to do without struggling such as word processing, internet browsing, playing itunes etc.

I did, as many other reviewers did, put a 2gb RAM card inside this netbook and I think that might have sped it up considerably.

Pro's (with 2gb RAM)

- Fast browsing (especially in Google Chrome)
- Fast start up
- Doesn't heat up too much
- Matte screen means you can see it in bright areas
- Keyboard and mousepad functional considering the size
- Extremely light and portable

Cons

- Sharp edges. There's a risk of cutting yourself if you're not too careful.

- Is slower than a bigger laptop, but not so much that it's worth having a bigger laptop

I would argue that if you are looking for a highly portable netbook that won't annoy you because it's slow, but also isn't a ridiculous price, this is the one.
on 28 April 2012
A neat purposeful light weight netbook.

Has wireless connectivity issues. In the same environment as a Toshiba Laptop which functions without problems the Samsung regularly looses its internet connection and requires Windows troubleshooter to reset the default gateway advising "Wireless Network Connection adapter" reset before it can again access the the Internet.
on 4 January 2012
Samsung NC110 10.1 inch Netbook - Black (Intel Atom N570 1.66GHz, RAM 1GB, HDD 320GB, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Windows 7 Starter)

We got the blue one - nice to have some colour!

Very pleased with this Samsung NC110 Netbook - especially upgrading to 2GB made it much better at multiple tasks. If you only need web or email or another single task, then the basic 1GB will work but I'd recommend the upgrade.

It is really light and the 3xUSBs plus the network connections and the SD card reader make this a very useful travel companion - esp. with wifi or using a mobile broadband network dongle. Great for backing up photos etc.

It boots very quickly (esp. from standby) and battery life is as per spec, although I have chosen the 80% charge option - to prolong the battery lifespan overall. The screen is clear and big enough, though turning it sideways to read rotated A4 pages was still to small, so using it in normal mode with A4 pages zoomed to fit across the screen width.

As usual with Windows, plan an early Windows Update session to get the latest fixes etc. Also it comes with Adobe Reader V9 whereas Version X (i.e. 10) is now available and that provides features such as annotation, highlighting etc. in pdf documents. (These features have always been in Reader but previously needed enabling in documents by an authoring program such as Acrobat Professional - now they are included as standard!).

Very pleased with the delivery service from Amazon too!
on 29 April 2012
Very slow machine. I made upgrade with 2G memory but it didn't help. Battery can last up to 6 hours maximum. Could be good choise should it costs £150.
on 4 February 2012
I have just has to send this version back to Amazon (excellent returns service) as the screen developed a white line down the middle immediately after it was prepared for use! I know these things happen but I was surprised on a brand new Samsung model. We had bought it for my wife's aunt who at 60 is just going online. I have a 2 year old N110 and have found it a delight to use and wholly reliable. But this version was in contrast quite unattractive. The layout was the same but the housing seemed incomplete, as if the designers have tried to cut back on plastic to save money. Also the feel of the plastic was poor i.e. it seems cheap compared to my older model. Consequently as a replacement I have bought the N145 which although it is an older version is far better built. I feel much happier passing the N145 onto the aunt. The learning point here is just because it is the newest up to date model doesn't mean it is the best. When I come to replace my N110 it certainly won't be this version.