Format: DVD|Change

on 1 February 2012
I bought this as a christmas present for my mother. However sat down to watch them as a family. If you know Dara from Mock the Week be warned he does use a lot of mature language in his stand up shows. So this isn't family viewing for younger members of the family compared to the likes of Bill Bailey who hardly swears at all. That being said though it does not detract from the comedy and each disc is funnier than the one before. Dara O'Briain sets the benchmark for stand up quite high in this set as he is consistently funny in each one.
on 23 October 2014
I don't really watch Mock the Week so I came across Dara mainly through his appearances on chat shows. Buying this box set I saw this as a good way to get into his stand-up work (and a relatively cheap way let's be honest). A key element of his routines is that of his interaction with various audience members. I have heard other comedians say this is "lazy" comedy but Dara actually does it well. His ability to react to and then build on what someone has said - and which he had no idea was coming - is impressive. He also links together what different people have said and clearly remembers what they said and uses it later in his act. This is evidently an intelligent guy and his speed of thought at times is very good. There are sections of prepared routines - which are very funny - and he works these well into the improvised bits with the audience.
on 27 November 2013
As an American who moved to the UK three years ago, I had never heard of Dara O'Briain. I had no idea what I was missing! I have watched each of the shows several times now. Normally I watch a comics show and I laugh, and that is it. I rarely revist them. But I have actually found myself laughing in *anticipation* of the jokes before he even says them! Hands down the best comic out there today, I frequently send clips to my friends and family in America, who all think he is hilarious. Unfortunately, you can't even buy the discs from the US Amazon store so I can't buy them for friends, but I am definitely spreading the word of his brilliance!
on 20 March 2012
I got this and have watched two of the three dvd's already as i've already seen the other.
Dara doesnt loose momentum through the entire show, its a breath of fresh air from the usual stuff of religion, goverment etc which is starting to get a bit boring but Dara does his own thing.

Buying this whole thing is worth it for just the milky bar kid part, but everything else is worth it as Dara doesnt look like he's going to loose any of his flare anytime soon.
on 14 February 2015
The three live shows are all very funny and in as much as they are all Dara O'Briain they are the same, but different every show he does even in the same tour is unique because he involves the audience so much. He thinks quickly on his feet and has a really fast come back that will have you laughing before he has even finished the punchline. I was so impressed with the shows that I bought them again as presents for friends that I knew would appreciate a good giggle. If you are looking to watch a show that makes you laugh and feel better you will go a long way before you find a better one
on 17 October 2014
Only watched the first 2 so far, but both are really good videos of live shows by Dara Ô Briain.

Dara Ô Briain conducts very interactive shows often involving the people on the front row. The subsequent conversations adding the the performances that he gives as he builds upon them.

I also watched some fo the extras on the first two DVDs, my favourite being the In-Vision Commentary and Drinking Games where Dara and other comedians watch the show and comment. Obviously, the cut is designed not to be as polished, but the humour between the comedians is well worth watching.
on 28 May 2012
This man is amazing. I love the way he interacts with the audience. He is FAST and able to spntaniously come up with finny lines without making the audience member feel bad at all. An Al Murray on speed.
on 9 September 2012
Dara O'Briain is a great stand up and his shows are very funny. His style rambles a lot but if you take a step back it's quite easy to see just how skillful he is - the threads he weaves through all his shows demonstrate a man with an agenda of jokes presented in the most chatty, amiable way possible.

There are some wonderful observations here about religion, medicine (and alternative medicine), children and relationships. A lot more too, but those are the areas that stood out for me. Great entertainment and I would strongly recommend this set. Very funny indeed.
on 17 June 2013
I would give 5 stars but I bought this set as a gift for someone who is deaf and although it says on this page that there are subtitles, when the set arrived there were only subtitles on 2 of the discs.
on 19 January 2015
This dude is an absolute legend.

Comes up with top quality comedy GOLD...on the spot!

Also doesn't rely on adult jokes and cliche subjects...