5.0 out of 5 stars Good collection for a consistently funny stand up, 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: Dara O Briain: The Live Collection 2006-2010 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this as a christmas present for my mother. However sat down to watch them as a family. If you know Dara from Mock the Week be warned he does use a lot of mature language in his stand up shows. So this isn't family viewing for younger members of the family compared to the likes of Bill Bailey who hardly swears at all. That being said though it does not detract from the comedy and each disc is funnier than the one before. Dara O'Briain sets the benchmark for stand up quite high in this set as he is consistently funny in each one.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Man!, 20 Mar 2012
This review is from: Dara O Briain: The Live Collection 2006-2010 [DVD] (DVD)
I got this and have watched two of the three dvd's already as i've already seen the other.
Dara doesnt loose momentum through the entire show, its a breath of fresh air from the usual stuff of religion, goverment etc which is starting to get a bit boring but Dara does his own thing.

Buying this whole thing is worth it for just the milky bar kid part, but everything else is worth it as Dara doesnt look like he's going to loose any of his flare anytime soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best adlibber, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Dara O Briain: The Live Collection 2006-2010 [DVD] (DVD)
This man is amazing. I love the way he interacts with the audience. He is FAST and able to spntaniously come up with finny lines without making the audience member feel bad at all. An Al Murray on speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't reallywatch Mock the Week so I came across Dara mainly ..., 23 Oct 2014
This review is from: Dara O Briain: The Live Collection 2006-2010 [DVD] (DVD)
I don't really watch Mock the Week so I came across Dara mainly through his appearances on chat shows. Buying this box set I saw this as a good way to get into his stand-up work (and a relatively cheap way let's be honest). A key element of his routines is that of his interaction with various audience members. I have heard other comedians say this is "lazy" comedy but Dara actually does it well. His ability to react to and then build on what someone has said - and which he had no idea was coming - is impressive. He also links together what different people have said and clearly remembers what they said and uses it later in his act. This is evidently an intelligent guy and his speed of thought at times is very good. There are sections of prepared routines - which are very funny - and he works these well into the improvised bits with the audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Defintely worth it!, 17 Oct 2014
This review is from: Dara O Briain: The Live Collection 2006-2010 [DVD] (DVD)
Only watched the first 2 so far, but both are really good videos of live shows by Dara Ô Briain.

Dara Ô Briain conducts very interactive shows often involving the people on the front row. The subsequent conversations adding the the performances that he gives as he builds upon them.

I also watched some fo the extras on the first two DVDs, my favourite being the In-Vision Commentary and Drinking Games where Dara and other comedians watch the show and comment. Obviously, the cut is designed not to be as polished, but the humour between the comedians is well worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dara is awesome, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: Dara O Briain: The Live Collection 2006-2010 [DVD] (DVD)
A nice collection with many good hours of quality standup. Makes me want to see more of his comedy and other shows

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the funniest comics alive, 27 Nov 2013
Dan (Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dara O Briain: The Live Collection 2006-2010 [DVD] (DVD)
As an American who moved to the UK three years ago, I had never heard of Dara O'Briain. I had no idea what I was missing! I have watched each of the shows several times now. Normally I watch a comics show and I laugh, and that is it. I rarely revist them. But I have actually found myself laughing in *anticipation* of the jokes before he even says them! Hands down the best comic out there today, I frequently send clips to my friends and family in America, who all think he is hilarious. Unfortunately, you can't even buy the discs from the US Amazon store so I can't buy them for friends, but I am definitely spreading the word of his brilliance!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ireland's best comedian, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: Dara O Briain: The Live Collection 2006-2010 [DVD] (DVD)
Dara O Briain is funny from start to finish. He is extremally clever and has a good interaction with the audience. Very Funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dara O Briain Live, 21 Feb 2013
L. M. Galbraith (London England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dara O Briain: The Live Collection 2006-2010 [DVD] (DVD)
Very funny as ever always loved him on Mock The Week & his live shows on the Paramount Channel .

5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent and hilarious!, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Dara O Briain: The Live Collection 2006-2010 [DVD] (DVD)
Brillient! Great set of three venues. Lots of laughs, self-deprecating humour, and gentle use of the customers in the front-row!