Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 1 March 2011
I love Globe shoes. I own six pairs. They're comfortable and fit me perfect.
I've got broad feet. Narrow shoes like Supra's don't fit.
Durable and stylish. The sole is a bit stiffer than most Vans, which are too weak for me.
So maybe skaters will complain about a lack of boardfeeling but for a longboarder like me they're great.
I don't feel much difference between Encore, Finale and Rage.
I wear them every day.
on 30 December 2010
Good quality trainer but beware shoe sizing - I had to reorder a size up from required to get them to fit. This meant that Amazon credited back the original sum paid and I had to pay again rather than carrying out a straight exchange. Amazon need to review their policy on refunds/exchanges for items where sizing is an issue.
on 15 March 2012
I'm not sure how useful this review will be as the model I bought appears to be being sold off as end-of-line and is apparently unlike the others, so note the difference!

The version I bought is plain black except for red fabric innards and a red logo on the sole, plus the traditional white sole surround. No coloured stripes, even the laces are black. The reason this matters is because the uppers material seems to be different to all the others, where they have suede or suede detailing, this pair is entirely a sort of vulcanized material. I don't know how to describe it because I've never seen anything like it, but it's far tougher than leather, enough to get a bit of a knocking sound when you rap your knuckles on the side but without being inflexible.

I love these shoes. Having resolved myself to getting them because I wanted plain black and these were the only ones that were stylistically similar to my usual taste, I think they're now my favourite pair. I'm sure there's something different about black skate shoes, they all seem to be designed like nobody can see them. Except these! Appearance-wise they're actually pretty swish and could pass for smart if nobody is looking too closely, if you cover the tongue with your trouser bottoms then there's no visible colour either. The lack of a luxurious suede appearance bothered me when I bought, not now. (The photos of this style on Amazon are washed out and don't do them justice, look elsewhere for a better representation)

But the best part is how tough they are! Even the laces are more reinforced than on my other skate shoes, believe it or not, they're not as flexible and feel somewhat solid. Everything about these shoes says they're about getting the job done, I don't recall seeing any others which were so obviously built to take knocks. All business and yet they still manage to look great. So if you find that the usual canvas or suede doesn't hold up, this review goes double.
on 29 December 2014
I bought a pair of these, they were very comfortable and I really liked them so I bought a second pair. Shortly after buying my second pair the first developed a hole in the sole making them soak up any puddles I stepped in, I switched to the second pair and they also developed a hole in the sole very quickly. I’ve never had a shoe that wore out this quickly in my life and am sorry that I bought not just one but two pairs of these badly made shoes. Avoid!
on 26 January 2013
These trainers are amazing, Ive had 2 pairs of encore 2's - grey with black strips and now blue with red and white strips. They are really comfy, good grip on the sole, last ages (Ive had my last pair for over a year and they are still in good condition with everyday use) and I think they look cool in an understated, minimal kind of way. There aren't any other trainers Ive had that I like as much as these. I recommend them
on 29 November 2015
Although these shoes are pretty comfortable and they look great, I really regret about buying them

After 5 months of just walking with them (around 20 minutes) and no skateboarding at all, a hole appeared at the sole and some days later another hole on the tip.

I wrote a complain to Globe and attached several pictures of the actual status of the sneakers.

After weeks of "I can't help you, I will forward it to the proper person" they recognized that the shoes were flawed and asked for account to reimburse the money but SURPRISE, just a couple of days later they changed their mind, denied any payment and told me "we are sorry but as we have not the same color and size, we can't help you, bye :) "

So I do not recommend them at all and in case you go for them, remind Globe will not take any liability even though they recognize they sold you a flawed product.
review image review image review image
on 10 February 2011
Very fast delivery, and when it arrived I see a new and original brand shoes that fit perfectly. One year ago I bought these shoes for 110 in Spain, so with this purchuase I saved like 70.
on 18 January 2015
I currently have a pair of the burgundy encore trainers and they are much loved. Ive always believed that DC's and Etnies were way ahead in the skate shoe market but these run them close.
Ive had the shoes for a couple of years now and they've been worn a lot and are still in good condition with no holes in the sole although wearing thin now!

Would definitely buy again !!
on 12 October 2015
At first I wasn't keen on them when they arrived and waited a couple months before I started wearing them (the material looked a bit cheap) but after having them worn in, I do actually really like them. Just make sure you're happy with the texture of the material, you can see it in a close up in the photos)
on 16 January 2013
Great product, if you like skate shoes. I like Globe shoes, beacuse, they are simply the best. I recommend you, to buy it. Product it was shipped internationaly in less than 7 working days. Package is not too big, or too small, so it is very ECO. Everybody, should have at least one pair.