4.0 out of 5 stars Careful doing upgrade
First things first backup your company file if you are contemplating any updates
from previous versions of Quickbooks.

Then uninstall the previous version of quickbooks from your PC.

Do a fresh install as the upgrade version caused a serious problem
with creating PDF versions of invoices.

Basically it corrupted the PDF printer...
Published on 23 Mar. 2012 by Giddygod

2.0 out of 5 stars QB Pro 2012
Published on 11 Jan. 2012 by GeoffH

2.0 out of 5 stars QB Pro 2012, 11 Jan. 2012
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012, 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
I run a small Limited company and use QB to manage my accounts before submitting a file to my accountant to make up the company accounts annually. I had QB Regular 2006. I bought and returned 2010 as it offered very little indeed over 2006. I have now been working with 2012 Pro for a couple of weeks and it does not do much over and above 2006! It does not allow me to download transactions from my banks as they are not among the three that Intuit support and that has not changed in 5 years. It does not support VAT Flat Rate Scheme. Worse than that it has been corrupting the database, failing verification and asking me to 'rebuild database'. The official Intuit support service that I 'enjoy' for 30 days is very poor. The online community support is generally better but it is hard to be confident in advice given free without official sanction.
I have now lost confidence in the product and am seriously considering returning it (again) and moving to something that really does what I want.

4.0 out of 5 stars Careful doing upgrade, 23 Mar. 2012
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012, 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
from previous versions of Quickbooks.

Then uninstall the previous version of quickbooks from your PC.

Do a fresh install as the upgrade version caused a serious problem
with creating PDF versions of invoices.

Basically it corrupted the PDF printer driver and could not correct the issue

Once I figured this out I then uninstalled and reinstalled the software.

There is a fix mentioned on the website but it did not work.
Downloaded tool does something to the driver but it still would not work

Also the version on the disk is 2012R1 and will be updated
immediately to 2012R7 which is 250mb in size be warned don't use a dongle.

Be prepared for a long install and conversion of your company file to 2012.

Even with a fast PC and SSD drive I took over 90 mins
for 1 upgrade and 1 uninstall/install and 2 updates to 2012R7.

Now in dog house wife not impressed with my quoted 20 minute fix.

Will comment on general use of product over next week of use.

1.0 out of 5 stars missing features, confusing, poor support, 4 Jun. 2012
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012, 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
I bought quickbooks pro 2012 elsewhere, but returned it after three days of aggrevation. My experience of quickbooks pro 2012 was not good, believing they had sold a product which didn't do what it advertised and the support was equally frustrating.
My reasons are simple:
1. I wanted a product that could hold my receipts for items bought, as scanned images, alongside the transaction.
2. After researching the products available I was lead to believe Quickbooks pro 2012 could do this with its new features.
3. Needless to say it didn't, even though help pages explained it could do this, and web sites advertised it as a new feature.
4. The online support was of little help. The virtual support was of no use, not understanding the most simplest of questions. When I rang the call centre, I got more frustrated in that they repeatly showed me how to enter in a customer receipt and didn't understand my need to record a receipt for an item purchased as a scanned image. He even showed me other standard features that I needed by enabling them from the preferences field within edit. None of which answered my problem. Finally, he insisted the product could not attach scanned images, never advertised this, and he knew the product very well.
5. After insistently asking for the supervisor, I evetually got to talk with him. I showed him the web site where it was advertised he said ah, this is the US version. Those features are not available in the UK. The superviser was at least polite and helpful.

Conclusion - I believe the product does not do what it advertises, or at the least does not make it clear the features are for US only. Intuit should really standardise their products, train their support staff in the products offered, and not offer features in different countries. I understand tax rule differences but attachments of receipts and document management are an obvious need. When I looked at the price it's the same aswell. Finally, the support is very poor. I will update this further if their promise of a refund is as equally frustrating.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok product, unpleasant company, 23 April 2012
A. N. Lumb "Nick Lumb" (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012, 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
I bought this update because I have used QuickBooks for years and Intuit say my old version will not work on Windows 7. I found many articles on forums saying that Intuit are lying and certainly I tested v2008 without problem on Windows 7 but did not want to risk my live company data to a configuration Intuit said would corrupt it.
The software is ok although generating non-standard reports is quite difficult. When I started with QB, many years ago, support was provided from Canada and was absolutely brilliant so help was available with the tricky reports no problem. Since then, support no longer comes from the same people and seemed to steadily decline in quality, so I have not used it for years and don't buy it. The last time I looked, indications from the forums were that the quality of support was now very poor.

In recent years, Intuit seem to specialise in how to suck as much money out of their customers as possible and I would not start with QB if I had a choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 12 Feb. 2012
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012, 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
This product does a lot for the money. Where it falls down is the technical backup. I have used various versions over the years, and if your computer set-up is anything other than very straightforward there can be problems with getting the product registered. I took 3 calls, each of half an hour to get mine sorted out, and then only with the help of a supervisor (lots of deleting files in hidden folders and re-installing). I find the actual product very easy to use with lots of functionality and good reports. If it were not for the registration problems I would give this 4 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars A few 'too many' teething problems, 23 April 2012
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012, 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
Having used Quickbooks Simplestart 2008 for many years without hassle, until my old pc started to grind to a halt, I thought it was time to upgrade. Rather than paying the monthly fee to use quickbooks on my mac, I decided to buy a budget pc laptop with sufficient memory/processor speed to use Quickbooks Pro 2012, especially as it was being offered for £99.00 for one day only instead of £300+! Everything loaded ok.... all the old files transferred ok..... then I tried to send an invoice by email. It would't work. I was using Windows Live Mail to send invoices from my company email. In fact, suddenly my email would not work at all. So I tried to re-set up my email.... that would't work either. I tried using Mozilla Thunderbird... that wouldn't work, despite Quickbooks recognising the program etc. After calls to Microsoft (useless) and Intuit, I was told that there was a problem with Quickbooks Pro2012 and windows live mail, and that I would have to wait for an update to the program before being able to send invoices directly from the program. In the meantime I have save a pdf copy of the invoice to the desktop and then send it as an attachment. What a pain in the 'you know what'.
So would I recommend this program? Not until Intuit get it right. Should this program work properly with Windows live mail - err yes! Why put it out to market when it doesn't? Lots of business use windows live mail surely? Or do I have to waste £400+ to get Outlook with Office Professional too? Not a happy bunny

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the upgrade from 2010, 8 Jun. 2012
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012, 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
We upgraded from QB 2010 to QB 2012. While I found the upgrade from 2006 to 2010 worthwhile this upgrade didn't add anything new for us. The product in of itself is pretty good but the support is worse than useless. One of the most frustrating/time consuming/teeth grinding/horrendous support experiences of my life was trying to report a problem we found with the Unrealized gain/loss report. It was not taking into account historic home currency adjustments and therefore did not agree with the balance sheet and therefore posted an incorrect gain/loss for the year. Not hard to manually calculate using the B/S but I thought I'd report it. I wish I hadn't. The support person just didn't understand the basic concepts.

Conclusion: If you're looking for a small business accounting package this works well. If you're upgrading from QB 2006 or earlier it's worth the update. If you're already on 2010 you can probably skip this release. If you need support use the forums, 'official' support is embarrassingly poor.

Update: After wasting half a day trying to solve an error when saving reports to PDF (and other small issues) I ended up uninstalling 2012 and going back to 2010. Win 7 x64.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality software, 24 April 2012
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012, 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
Quickbooks Pro 2012 - best to be avoided !

I recently decided to upgrade my accounting software, and as I was already using an older version of Quickbooks I decided to up grade to the latest version of the product. What a big mistake ! There must be better products in the market place which "Truely" understand concepts like "online" banking , do not force you to "write cheques" or order more stationery to write more cheques or be provided with a chart of accounts that has no logic to it. If that was not enough the links into Excel are poor in terms of what a number of applications are able to provide and to really get the functionality, I have expoeriences an number of faults (strangely when logged they have all be recognised and they are working on solutions) in order to really get what you need requires you to buy a range of add ons to the product. The company clearly treats the UK like lots of US companies as it will come as no surprise to find that the product is nearly 1/2 the price in the States. My advise is to look elsewhere as this product is actually expensive and poorly designed and I really wish that I had not wasted my money on it. I should have known better !

3.0 out of 5 stars Quickbooks 2012, 23 July 2012
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012, 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
QuickBooks Pro 2012, 1 User (PC)
I received the product well within the stated delivery time and proceeded to upgrade my own 2004 quicken but with no success. I also found that it contained customer references such as invoices,credit limits etc which as just a home user did not interest me. Perhaps it is me but it seemed too complicated and the fact that I could not upgrade made me think it was not worth it and to think of something else. I, therefore returned the item and was delighted to receive all my money back including the postage with no problems at all. I really like Amazon it is so good on that sort of thing and I have no complaints except I ordered an item I just could not use properly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easier reporting, 23 May 2012
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012, 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
Its so easy to export the reports to Excel where you can then manipulate and sort the data to how you need it. It is incredibly time saving and the formatting looks good as well

QuickBooks Pro 2012, 1 User (PC)
QuickBooks Pro 2012, 1 User (PC) by Intuit (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Out of stock