on 5 January 2012
I cannot deny that this was an enjoyable read, with me being a Novak Djokovic fan and everything. It was definitely well researched and put together all those articles and comments on what is considered to be "the perfect season" of Novak. However, I wouldn't call it a "behind-the-scenes biography" because it is simply misleading to call this eBook so. While it provided an insight on how four-year old Novak became the 24 year-old world number one, it can only be considered a compilation of what Novak himself and other people have said in interviews and news articles.

Also there are a number of typing mistakes in here. At one instance, Andy Murray is referred to as Andy Muller. Though I agree that the book is about Novak Djokovic, I would have assumed that caution would have been taken to avoid important mistakes like these. At several places, the worlds were written together without any spaces in between and there were several punctuation/grammatical mistakes.

There were several links included in the text, to the original articles and videos which I thought was very thoughtful. However, I think I would have preferred it to be at the end of the `story' rather than within it because I was quite reluctant to access the link on my Kindle or unable to, in the case of youtube videos.

I'm giving this book a "3" because despite the above criticism, I really enjoyed it. It provided a recap of the best tennis memories of 2011 although it can be improved. It is only the beginning.
on 31 January 2013
I was very disappointed with the 'book' I received. I paid almost £5 and instead if getting a comprehensive biography I got a cheaply printed large print brochure on Novak. It was a birthday gift so had no choice but to keep it and apologise to my step dad. I think he enjoyed the content but the price point should be £2. I told all friends and family and on this basis I would look else where before purchasing on amazon again.
on 21 November 2012
wow, what a waste of money! Very thin with no pictures, poor quality, I could do better blindfolded, and I don't know the first thing about compiling books. DON'T BUY THIS ITEM!
on 25 November 2012
This is nothing but a plagarism of Djokovic's wikipedia entry. It is badly written with dreadful grammmar.Complete waste of money. Where is a decent biography of Nole for all his fans? My 9 year old grandson could have done better. What a rip off!
on 7 July 2012
No wonder they are giving it away free it is a complete waste of space. Nothing but a few pages of glorication of his career. Unworthy of such a great tennis player.
on 5 November 2011
A very well researched history of the boy the man and his awesome rise to prominence as the worlds No 1. I read it almost in one sitting. ND is living proof if you focus and work hard you can achieve your dreams. What an inspiring story. Any tennis fan will enjoy this biography. Yes it is short but compact and pacey and something one will read again. It leaves one enthralled and curious of what awaits us in this classic era of men's tennis.
on 2 August 2012
It's great to see an account of Novak's amazing tennis year being published as he doesn't always get the praise he should. Some of this may be due to his past reputation when he was sometimes accused of faking injuries (it's a shame this book doesn't refer to this to make it a more rounded account of his career). This book though has some great content such as interesting material on his upbringing, player rivalries (Fed, Rafa, Murray), girlfriend etc. It's very well written and structured too. I look forward to a fuller biography/autobiography in future .
on 15 August 2014
I bought this for my mother in her late 70's who is a great fan of ND.
It arrived the next day and the envelope was almost flat, so I thought I must have ordered a calendar, not the book I was expecting.
It amounts to a pamphlet. It has a shiny cover, but inside it looked as if it had been printed on a printer set to greyscale that was running out of ink.
Sent it back straightaway, as I could barely see the type and my mother would certainly not be able to have read it.
on 12 July 2013
I expected to find out a bit more about the man. But I suppose it did what it said, facts about "A Perfect Season"
on 30 November 2012
I found this a little disjointed. This was not as good as some of the other sports books I have read.