on 8 March 2012
This book is ideal for a bedtime read. We have just finished number 12, furious fred and so far they have all been equally enjoyable and easy to read with an undertone of a lesson in life, like a modern Aesop fable. My kids thought they were great and I think they are great value!
on 13 January 2013
My granddaughter love to read, and to be able to have so many stories at the touch of a kindle button was well worth every penny.
on 9 January 2013
very good my son loves books,having some interactive makes them a bit more fun.Would recommend for any young child it will keep them busy for a time.
on 31 December 2012
Our daughter loves to cuddle up and read these stories. Its a great book one that will be read for a long time.
on 6 September 2012
My daughter (aged 6) specially requested "a bedtime story from your new Kindle please Mummy" so I bought this for £1.97 based on the reviews. She says it is great and I was impressed too- the illustrations are good and very clear, and each story is perfect bedtime length. I can see this collection being very useful for future trips away!
A nice collection of short stories that work for children in this age range. The stories are a nice length for bedtime reading, and also a nice length for those getting the hang of reading to read to themselves.
on 24 August 2012
My grandson who is 7 years old loves this book, filled with short stories and rhyming books, easy for him to read and we love sharing the stories at bedtime. Also has helped him when he writes his own short stories using his imagination. Well recommended
on 20 September 2012
These are fantastic little stories. As a father of three and the author of Harvey and Herbie (8 short stories for boys) I'm in a good position to judge. My kids range in age from 2 to 9, and the 9 year old likes this as much as his brothers. I've given this 5 stars as befitting a book that can hold the attention of three very active boys. I would heartily recommend this.
on 13 November 2012
Like a lot of great children's books the concept is a simple one - create good simple stories and with vivid colourful illustration, and you have a hit with the children. This is exactly one of those books. The book is a beautifully organised and mix of witty, moving stories with a slow-release moral and engagingly communicative illustrations.

My daughter loved the entertaining, well-woven tales, and is easy to see that the author spent lot of time developing the stories with zest and the result is rich, interactive and engaging children's book. And by ensuring it has almost an endless number of stories (well that's how it felt with my daughter asking for repeat read of her favourite ones), it becomes an irresistible, eye-catching book. Highly recommended (by my daughter)!
on 8 September 2012
Both Grandchildren seem to like most of the stories so far, but pity about the Americanism ! (Gotten, for example) which for reading practice is not good