on 17 May 2011
I have just received the 'Crochet Shag Rag Rug Pattern collection' by Sarah Holmes and I am very dissapointed, the book is tiny, with very low quality images and very poor instructions (no mention of the size of crochet hooks to use and diagrams so small & fuzzy) in a very large typeface - so large it makes it difficult to read, this book is also quite expensive I wouldn't advise any more than 50p as the true value as compared to the £17 I just paid and from the US.
on 30 March 2012
I downloaded this for my mother because she's really into crochet and I thought that this would be a good addition for her to learn some new patterns skills and make some beautiful rags for herself and hopefully I can get some table placemats for my home too. She love's the book and she says that the book is laid out in a way thats easy to follow and she expects to produce some amazing patterns.
on 31 March 2012
I am a massive fan of Kirsty Allsopp (and now a big fan of Sarah Holmes!) and I have been inspired to make rag rugs after seeing Kirsty's "Homemade Home" where she learned about this traditional craft. I downloaded this book and have been so pleased with what I've managed to make (including a basket which was surprisingly easy and my mum says it looks good!). You get lots of ideas with very specific instructions. I can highly recommend this to all. Off to make more rag rugs...