Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Learn more

on 20 January 2012
I was bought this for christmas and was very excited, having seen the first film as a child (and more recently when it was re-released in cinemas) I could not wait to watch the other two. Although they are not as good as the original, and it would be hard to be, the other two films are special in their own right. The second movie, Simba's Pride, has a good storyline not unlike Romeo and Juliet and the soundtrack is not bad either! As for the third movie, I was impressed by the way the writers had managed to fit Timon and Pumbaa's story alongside the original story of Simba, although the soundtrack left something to be desired! The set comes in a really nice box and the DVDs are all in their own cases inside, it makes a lovely set. The first film appears to be brighter and have a better image quality than I remember and still remains one of the best disney films of all time. I am a very happy lady and look forward to more Disney boxsets next christmas (hint hint!).
on 25 November 2004
I bought the box set for my girlfriends birthday and it didnt disappoint. She loved all of the films and also managed to get me to watch them. If you liked any of the films then you will love all 3 of them. Well worthy of buying
on 22 April 2016
The original Lion King film is wonderful, still haven't seen the other two. Box is nice and set is decently priced.

Here's the BUT:

I bought this because this page listed German as one of the dubbed language options. The German version of The Lion King has been unavailabe for ages and people pay in excess of £50 for older releases. So imagine my excitement at reading that this one has the German language option.

Except it doesn't. It has Dutch dubbing instead (not the same, Amazon, not the same...!). Which is pretty useless to me (raising a German-English bilingual child). The set is still nice and my child just watches it in English, but I'm a bit disappointed by the mistake in the description.
on 5 November 2011
The original film is great, the transfer is also good - The film on it's own is a 5 star.
The other films don't quite live up to the original, but are fun none the less.

What is disappointing with this set and hence only the 3 stars
1) The lack of digital copies for the latter two films if you see the Toy Story or Cars sets, all films in the set came with digital copies - This might not be an issue to everyone, but in this digital age, putting the films on a iPad et al, is very useful for trips.
2) The way the discs were packaged, they were `clumped together' and sitting vertically in the `drum'. Not only could this be damaging to the discs over time, this was a complete waste of space.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 June 2012
This is an excellent box set and although it's a dvd box set rather than the bluray, it's worth the money... most bluray players will upscale quite well (obviously not as clear as a bluray, but darn close!).

Watching Lion King (movie 1) is fantastic and for a small price you get all three editions... perfect for you, your mum and the kids! (what more can I say?!)

Box itself is rather special, although cardboard it has a lovely well built construction and design. (slides half way down the box).

3 x disks (dvd) for the price of 1 (bluray), and don't forget this cartoon movie was created before blurays came about.

Enjoy!
on 16 December 2015
As a small child, my eldest daughter watched The Lion King over and over again and cried every single time at exactly the same point in the movie. As our family grew, the original DVD became scratched and was no longer useable. I decided to purchase this set for the same daughter to watch with her toddler sister and both of them have spent hours bonding over it. It is a truly wonderful collection and it brings back so many memories for my husband and me when we hear our eldest and youngest singing the songs together and chatting about their favourite and least favourite parts of each movie...
on 26 May 2014
The box set features three dvds of lion king. 2 and 3rd installment never released in the cinema. The instalmments are great follow ups. Lion King was released in 1995. It is a remarkle animation and one of Disney finest pieces. I love the storyline, characters, African setting and songs. The story follow the lives of lions in a large and stunning settings of Africa. There are some other creatures as well. It is beautifully depicted. Disney has nailed it with Lion King. My niece enjoyed it along with the who family. Thank you Disney for a treat.I loved it.
on 3 June 2009
Was so pleased to find this product as it is VERY hard to find anywhere. Absolutely love it! Definately a collectors item and a must have../
on 14 December 2012
When she opened her present, my 2 year old daughter was so pleased to discover Simba, Pumba and Timon were in there that she looked like she was gonna cry because she was sooooooo happy!! I am glad I bought it but be prepared to watch it again and again as children get 'addicted' to it (my daughter requests it every day, several times a day)... I had never watched number 2 and 3 myself and was a bit 'worried' because of some earlier comments I had seen but I have enjoyed them just as much...
on 2 January 2012
I love The Lion King and when I found on Amazon that you could by all 3 films in a pack I was so happy. I had never seen the 3rd on before so I was glad that I had found it in a pack to buy and watch it. I have even taken them to work with me and had the children at work watching them which has then meant them asking their parents for all 3 films. I would advise anyone to buy the triple pack from off Amazon as in HMV they are selling it for more.