4.0 out of 5 stars Dammit Jim, I'm a wireless dongle, not a miracle worker
I've had a Wireless `n' router for some months now and although the speed benefits of upgrading to wireless `n' from wireless `g' were obvious from the moment I made the switch, the connection between the router and my old wireless dongle was unreliable and the signal strength was patchy. Not wanting to do away with the faster connectivity that `n' brings, I instead...
Published on 19 May 2012 by Mr. Mischief

3.0 out of 5 stars Great When It Works!!
This wireless dongle was purchased to go with the ASUS RT-N66U wireless router and I like that it has matching a design pattern. There is also included a very short but flexible USB attachment lead for better positioning of the dongle. On the side of the dongle is a small button for quick pairing to a wireless router if you have a supported device. When in operation, I...
Published on 25 Nov 2012 by TipTop

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Slows/cuts out occasionally, 15 Aug 2014
This review is from: Asus USB-N53 USB Dual Band Wireless Dongle (Accessory)
I have used this for a while now but it is not quite up to scratch. I quite often cut out when I am on Skype with my friends. Some of the time it is great and speedy but sometimes it is very slow. I have checked and this is not down to my internet. I would rate it 3 stars because it works ok, but I have to fiddle with it a bit to get it working again, which is annoying.

2.0 out of 5 stars The two models were numerically 1 digit apart so I think it was a bad batch rather than a bad product, 8 Oct 2014
This review is from: Asus USB-N53 USB Dual Band Wireless Dongle (Accessory)
Bought two, neither worked unfortunately (wouldn't detect 5Ghz to high was the sole reason of purchase).
The two models were numerically 1 digit apart so I think it was a bad batch rather than a bad product.
Both Asus and Amazon were very helpful and I reviewed a full refund but 2 stars for bad quality control and wasting a few weeks of my time.

2.0 out of 5 stars beware - severe issues with Windows 7 driver compatability, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Asus USB-N53 USB Dual Band Wireless Dongle (Accessory)
I was forced to get a wireless adapter recently & compared my shortlist of brands I had in my mind (Netgear, Asus, or TP-Link).

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and had serious issues getting the correct drivers in place. So here is a little quick help guide on how to get it working.

1) Install drivers from CD that comes with the product (drivers are incompatible, but don't worry about this for now)
2) Don't install ASUS utility from CD, its unnecessary & tries to wrestle with windows for device control
3) Plug the wireless adapter in (use the flexible extension cable)
4) Confirm device is connected by opening "device manager" (can use search box in windows start menu), it would be under 'network adapters' & ASUS USB...
5) Download the windows 7 64-bit & 32-bit, XP 64-bit & 32-bit from the official ASUS website here ([...] or source of your choosing
6) Open "Manage wireless networks" in start menu - keep this open in the background
7) Manual driver installation:
- unpack all the drivers to a new folder in your desktop
- the driver that worked for me was the windows XP x64 from the 10122 package. But you can also use trial & error to find the one that works for you - use the "have disk" button & point it towards the .inf files (there is one in each driver package)
- after installing each one, just wait a few secs for the "manage wireless networks" box to refresh. If it flickers & your home network appears in this list then you've found a working driver!

+ on a more positive note the connection is stable, getting between 4-5 bars across 1 floor & 2 rooms. If you do have issues with connection strength then be sure to modify your power plan in windows to max performance. Google how to do this for your OS, this review is already too long!

In summary, if you aren't particularly tech savvy, comfortable manually installing drivers, or want something that works "out of the box", then don't get this product for win 7 64.

I love Asus, motherboard & monitor from them, but they really need to test these things properly before release.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Dongle - duel band, 3 Dec 2012
K. J. Price "KJP" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Asus USB-N53 USB Dual Band Wireless Dongle (Accessory)
This works very well and if connected to a laptop that already has a wireless (e.g. 2.4MHz) you can have this receive the 5MHz, therefore improving the reception.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Asus USB-N53 USB Dual Band Wireless Dongle (Accessory)
Great Product, super fast delivery!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Fantastic product. Works great with my new BT Hub 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wifi Adapter, 22 Jun 2014
T. Allicock - See all my reviews
This review is from: Asus USB-N53 USB Dual Band Wireless Dongle (Accessory)
Using it on my PC, working brilliantly on both bands with a Asus N66U router. Only annoyance is ASUS's awful drivers. However, if you do use their driver utility you will get both bands where as if you don't then you'll only get one. Fortunately you only have to use the utility once then you can never use it again and still have access to both bands. Other than that I highly recommend it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Works okay, a few issues for 5Ghz networks, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Asus USB-N53 USB Dual Band Wireless Dongle (Accessory)
Connected to my PC (Windows 8 64 bit) and installed without much fuss. I'd recommend downloading the latest drivers from Asus rather than the older ones that are on the disc that's bundled.

I can't seem to get this wifi adapter to work on my 5Ghz network though. I have an iPhone 5S, an iPad Mini (2nd gen) and an Xbox One that connect to it flawlessly - but this Asus adapter doesn't even detect it.

I raised this issue with Asus customer support and they just fobbed me off saying the wifi adapter was too far away from the access point. Despite the aforementioned gadgets connecting without issue. Disappointed with Asus customer support there and will be avoiding their products from now on.

It works well for 2.4Ghz wifi and I'm happy to use it like that - but definitely look elsewhere if connecting to a 5Ghz network is essential for you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Tried it., 28 April 2014
This review is from: Asus USB-N53 USB Dual Band Wireless Dongle (Accessory)
Having found my new ASUS ROG G750JX had no 5Ghz wifi ability, thought I'd try this instead of getting the card changed, not impressed with it, the reception from the router, (Netgear N900 WNDR4500) was no beter than 3 bars at most and only 8 meters from the router, with 1 brick wall in between.
Will now wait and go for the upgrade to the wireless card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Asus USB-N53 USB Dual Band Wireless Dongle (Accessory)
Jus t realised I hvae had this about six months and haven't written a review. What can I say> I use it with Windows 8. It works aout the box. Easy to set up. I have had it running at 120-160 MBps and used both wavebands. Tend toi use the 2G the 5g limited in range as described. It is ntrouble free and it works what more could you want off a wireless dongle and its easy to set up. Good product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›