Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Prime Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Listen with Prime Shop now Shop Kindle Shop now

on 7 April 2014
The best headset ever.
Has quality sound and it is a must buy.
It is very comfortable and connects easily
on 31 October 2013
Brilliant product, easy to setup, works great, a must have for any gamer. Far better than the turtle beaches and still a very good price. A must buy.
on 2 October 2014
really good headset and very comfortable worth every penny and delivered on time recommnended
on 28 July 2014
Great headset, good sound and great design, very comfortable can wear them for hours
on 19 May 2015
Brilliant on the 360,however, I bought this headset for my son who I knew would be upgrading to the Xbox One. The only reason I bought them is in the description it says they are compatible with the xbox one. It would appear that they are not as the connectors and ports are completely different. All in all a total waste of money.
on 1 December 2015
These are a brilliant pair of headphones and have greatly improved my gaming, my only issue is that the sound dial doesn't work properly so the sound is always on loud and is quite deafening, if anyone has a solution, feel free to reply
on 3 April 2014
Bought this headset after my tritton detonator broke hoping it would work fine.
Uncomfortable and the left ear speaker decides to cut out sometimes.
Ended up sending it back. brilliant service though, took it back no problem.
on 13 January 2012
Got my headset from Game for £80 and even that's a little pricey.
This review is in comparison with my turtle beach x11.

Good points: easy to set up,looks good has good response to mid and high range sounds,mic seems to be good and friends say they can hear me better now and game and voice chat seem to be handled well together.

Bad points: Very uncomfortable ear cups are to small and headset is to tight and makes my ears sore after a few hours and I don't have big lugs. The volume and voice control are on the side of the left cup and as you move the headset around to adjust it on your head you will turn them up and down all the time.It says 30ft range but mine struggle to stay connected further than 15 feet, I am outside the room when this happens but seeing as it uses 5.8MHz wireless tech I thought it would be able to handle it. Bass response is poor if they are up too loud they suffer from a lot of distortion

All in all if a headset fails in the comfort dept it generaly fails over all. As i said before I dont have big lugs or a big head and never had any poblems with comfort with my old turtle beach x11.
on 1 January 2013
If I was to start this review by saying that I KNEW that this headset was going to be amazing, I would be lying. The simple fact of the matter is, I had always been a Turtle Beach fan - until recently. I wanted something wireless - having two rowdy dogs is a nightmare with wires - but also something that wasn't going to break the bank.

The TRITTON Primer headset is the first from TRITTON that I have purchased. Saying this, I had tried them before at friends houses and in-store at my local GAME store, so I kind of knew what to expect. Using them every now and then though does not give enough time to fully be able to see what they can do.

The Primer headset comes with all of the wires that you need to be able to use it straight out of the box, complete with batteries so you don't have to spend time rooting around looking for some. Also included is a very nice looking wireless base station - no batteries are needed for this as it is powered by USB - that fits in very nicely next to your TV and console.

TRITTON went with the 5.8GHz technology in this headset, instead of the standard 2.4GHz, so you don't get any audio interruption due to house phones, microwaves, etc. This is a very nice touch as I always had an issue with this while using my previous wireless headset.

The headset itself is very nice looking. On the left earpiece you will find two volume control wheels - one for the game chat and the other for the voice chat. Also on the left earpiece is the mute button, which is located next to where the wire from the controller to the headset plugs in, and the power button which is found on the top of the left piece. The right earpiece is where you put the 2 x AA batteries that are used to power the headset. The battery cover is very easy to remove and replace as it is held in place by two very small magnets - a nice touch so you aren't left struggling to pull the cover off when in a rush. Both are very padded which makes wearing them very comfortable.

The speakers use 40mm Neodymium speakers, instead of the 50mm speakers that you would find in other TRITTON headset and are covered with a nice orange, thin layer of fabric that protects the ear. The headband is fully adjustable, and also very comfortable because of the layer of foam type material that covers the inside of the headband. One thing I do really like about this headset is the way you can rotate the earpieces so that you can have them flat on the table, instead of having them stood resting on the edges - this also comes in handy when you have them around your neck.

In my opinion, the sound quality from the Primer headset comes through crystal clear. I can now hear everything from footsteps to even the faintest of screams in the distance. Explosions and team-mates yelling can also be heard very clearly - a lot clearer than if you were just trying to listen through your TV.

The two things that I think would have made this headset even better are as follows. Firstly, the ability to remove the microphone would have been nice, but it does tuck back quite nicely. Secondly, the chat cable from the headset to the controller is not compatible with the chat pad.

***The buzzing that is mentioned I found only happened when the batteries got low. Once they were changed, everything was fine again.

Aside from those two things, this headset is very well made, nice and wireless, and is not overly stupidly priced. I bought mine when they were £60 - I'm glad I did since the price has now jumped back up again.
on 18 November 2014
head phones dont work only received 4th october and already broken you cant hear the online xbox players through the ear phones i would like my money back to buy another different set -dont buy not worth 54.99 no way