on 28 February 2012
The NIV Bible in one year is great on the kindle. It allows easy navigation to the readings of any specific day or month that you might want to get to, so you won't have to flick through pages aimlessly. There is also a link at the beginning of each daily reading that brings the user to the commentary on the HTB website. The commentaries are fantastic afterthought to the daily passages. It helps tie-in the passages together and bring greater understanding and meaning to it.
on 5 April 2012
There are dozens of sorts of Bibles about and an equal number of reading plans about.The best thing about this is the fact is that it is a Kindle version. A bible in digital format weighs next to nothing so you can carry it with other books as well.
Having run Alpha courses this is a good conversation starter. ' What are you reading?' Well actually its a Bible.
Never done an Alpha course, try one.
on 13 March 2012
Excellent way to keep up with daily readings.There is immediate recovery of where I was last by using the Kindle.
on 17 April 2012
A great way of reading the bible and it links to Nicky Gumbel's commentary on HTB Church's web site. Nice floppy binding too which is pleasing to work with.
on 8 July 2015
This is helping me so much to discover the word of God and bring me deeper in to the Christian faith. I'm rubbish at reading and what I mean by that is that I have a very poor attention span and if I'm struggling to keep up with all the twists and turns of a story then I get bored quickly and put it down.

With this though the day by day chunks are bite size enough to not only get through them easily but to also absorb and understand them more fully. This is also helped out by the daily blog which ingeniously is able to put a theme to each days reading and helps to explain and put in to perspective what you've read that day.

Each day has a date on it starting at January 1st but also says day 1 etc. So as I bought this in June and didn't want to wait until the new year to start I just started on January 1st / day 1 which is clearly then intended thing to do. So just to clear up if you start reading it on August the 10th still start on January 1st.

A couple of tips. read the introduction at the beginning especially the bits about how to interpret the different books as some of the poetry books etc are hard to get your head round without the brief introduction of how to read them. Also it might not be appropriate to you but I've found that praying each day before reading asking for the words to jump out at me is also really helping them do just that.

A couple of tips
on 4 January 2013
God talks to us through His word moving in us through the Holy Spirit! We need to spend time in it, everyday!

The first time I read the Bible in a year, I read the NIV version from Genesis 1 all the way through to Revelation 22 by following a reading plan I printed out and followed it using my 'everyday' version of the NIV Bible! I loved it, but I needed more structure!

This Bible is great and takes me between 10-15 minuets a day to read! You are given either a section of the Psalm's or Proverb's, then a passage from the New Testament and then a passage from the Old Testament! It doesn't follow the order standard order of the Bible, so it is a little more refreshing and seems to take a more chronological approach (for the OT section anyway).

It is small, easy to hold and a great way to spend a little time in God's word every single day!

Negatives - The pattern on the cover fades quickly, if someone asks you to look up a verse and this is the only Bible that you have on you, there is NO chance of finding it easily and it cuts some of the more 'exciting and fast paced' passages and stories off in the middle, so when you come back to it the next day some of the drive and passion of the story has left you.

Side Note - It does not have a day for the 29th of February (leap year) which either means you get a day off every 1 out of 4 years, or you don't have to read two day's worth of scripture every three years! Win - Win!

Other than that it is fantastic and does precisely what it says on the front cover! The one thing it doesn't give you is discipline and commitment, but they are two characteristics we all need and this might just give you the ability to cultivate them in your life!
on 22 January 2016
In previous attempts to read the Holy Bible I have often falterd on lengthy passages and genealogy making it difficult to start at Genesis and work my way through to Revelation. This Alpha version breaks the scriptures up into manageable chunks from Psalms, NT and OT which are not onerous and you can also receive a daily commentary from Nicky Gumbel. I really enjoy this added service as Nicky links the scriptures to our everyday experiences and I am often left with food for thought as well as feeling up lifted and encouraged.
on 3 February 2012
A good way of reading the whole bible. It would be better to have an associated commentary to get even more out of the exercise.
on 11 August 2014
Excellent in the Kindle edition as you can take the whole bible with you when out and about/on holiday etc. and this version makes it very easy to work through the whole bible in one year-the passages are broken down into bite size chunks. Also what I like is that you can connect to the commentary from HTB online which helps to unpack/understand the bible passages. Love it!
on 7 March 2016
This bible version is easy to use. It allows you to go through the bible over the period of a year, a little bit each day, therefore allowing the Word of God to become a part of your life. I bought several of these to give as gifts, and so far they have been well received, I need to get some more. Thankyou alpha