on 4 June 2012
Considering the price, I think this is a tremendous case.

1. Fits Kindle Touch perfectly.
2. Nice leather feel (although it's obviously PU/Plastic).
3. Nice strong pop stud clasp - which is also magnetic.
4. Comes with protector for the rear of the kindle, in case any crud that can cause scratches gets into the case.
5. Velcro tab holds Kindle in place, so it stays nice and central in the case.
6. Nice no-frills packaging.

Thoroughly recommended - I would genuinely look at one of these if you're balking at the price of the official case.
on 29 December 2012
I am extremely pleased with my Tecknet cover. I have recently purchased the Kindle Paperwhite and whilst I wanted a cover for when I am carrying it around and putting it in my bag I did not want to pay a lot, as I prefer reading on my device without the cover on when possible and didn't want anything flash or fancy.

The cover proves a good fit for the kindle and holds the device securely in a leathery frame with a layer of velcro that is tucked over at the top end to stop your kindle slipping out. Once in it is a snug fit and the cover is mostly ignorable which is nice.

There are small gaps at the bottom of the kindle allowing you to turn it on/off/standby and also room for you to plug in should you need to charge it. There is also a little gap in which you can see the Kindle logo peeking out.

There is a small sleeve on the inner left side of the cover in which I have stored a screen cleaning cloth that came along in the Tecknit pack. There were also a couple of nifty little screen covers.

The leather cover cover clips with a magnetic button and is slim fitting, soft to the touch and professional looking.

This was just what I was looking for and I would highly recommend it.
on 25 May 2012
I bought this having looked at the 'official' covers and refusing to pay the £30+ being asked and I am very happy I did ! It is a quality product that fits my Kindle perfectly. It may be a little heavier than the more expensive versions, but with the actual Kindle being so light that isn't a problem and I can happily hold both for reading in one hand. Also as an added bonus, this one has a magnetic clasp, which seems to be what the official versions are lacking from the reviews I read. So all in all, a good quality product for a very good price.
on 19 March 2013
I have previously bought a TeckNet black case for the basic Kindle and it was fine.

This brown case for the Kindle Paperwhite had a nauseating, overpowering stench from the chemical sprayed on to give it a fake leather/suede smell. It was so strong it made me feel ill. A thorough rinse got rid of it but once gone a rank, foul and evil industrial glue odour remained.

I returned the item and TeckNet were reasonable enough to refund the case and delivery cost.

I subsequently bought an official Amazon case - a 'like new' return for £20 and it is far, far better and fits the Paperwhite much more snuggly. £30 for a brand new one is overpriced though.
on 31 July 2012
I have now purchased 4 cases for my Kindle touch - and this one tops the list. It's far better than cases costing 3 times as much.

Not only does it look very good in brown leather - it feels beautiful as well. This is a real quality product despite it's budget price, with lovely soft padded leather exterior and velvet like interior. With a kindle case - you are going to be touching it for hours and hours whilst reading - so the feel is very important. The quality of the finish is veryt good.

It's quite a substantially padded case so it keeps the kindle well protected, even the corners are covered. The Kindle itself slides in a very snug pocked from the top and is then secured via a leather Velcro strap which tucks behind the Kindle itself. It's very neat and holds the unit very securely in place - it takes quite a bit of effort to release this strap, so it's not exactly quick release. Both the menu and power buttons are easily accessible as well as the speakers and case does not impede the touch screen operation at all.

The case is held closed buy a magnetic strap - which has quite a strong magnet and "snaps" shut against a metal stud. The magnet is far better than some other cases I've looked at and holds the case firmly shut. When opened - the strap can be bent back and secured to the back - holding the case open for you. How this will affect the long life of the strap I've jet to find out. No problems so far though.

With the kindle held in a pocket - you've got limited options if you want to attach a light. There is room at the top of the Kindle, but only either side of the strap. I have a very good led light which tucks behind the Kindle - but this did not fit without either trimming the case or the light.

One general note (which will be true of any non-rigid case) is to remember to put your Kindle into standby before closing the case. A number of times I just close the case and picked it up - not realising that holding the case can sometimes activate the touch screen (depending on how hard you hold the case) and moved me several pages forward in the book I was reading.

I would heartily recommend this case to anyone. At under a tenner - it's fantastic value.
on 22 June 2013
Somehow I totally missed the auto standby function so it's come as a nice surprise! Basically when you open or close the case (which is imbued with magnetism) the Kindle comes to life or goes to sleep accordingly. No more pushing the standby button!

The case itself is well made and more than up to the task of protecting my Kindle Paperwhite. I don't have any hesitation popping this in my satchel now.

I haven't used the included screen protector because I don't think it's necessary while the kindle is in the case.

Recommended on all fronts.
on 16 January 2013
I did think about buying the official Amazon case but settled for this one due to price and the good reviews. I have not been disappointed. Whatever stains they caused before either seem to have been fixed or the screen protectors do a good job.

The protectors are a bit fiddly to lay on. And I also struggled to put the kindle into the case due to the tight fit. But I can see how that is a good thing because it is quite snug in there now.

All in all, bargain purchase!
on 11 February 2013
Just received this today and fitted to my kindle. It holds it well and securely however it is very thick compared to other cheap cases i've seen. It also doesn't fit the Paperwhite very well as if it was designed for another product. The logo is partly covered up and the visible border around the top and bottom of the screen isn't the same distance apart. Does the job but could be better.
on 15 December 2012
Well most of what I have to rave about this cover has already been said. It's a perfect fit. Looks the business and is excellent value for money. The included protective sheets were a bonus. Buy it - you will not be disappointed.
on 28 July 2013
I gave this product a 5 star rating as I was pleasantly surprised when I received it and saw that it wasn't a tatty product.
The majority of Kinde cases are over-priced and really not worth the money; this product however is worth every penny.

It's not to cumbersome and fits nicely in one's hand; the leather feels great (bearing in mind it's a product that is under £10); the case doesn't obstruct the viewing window and work as intended concerning opening the case to switch the Kindle on.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone that wishes to purchase a case to keep their new best friend safe.
Just bear in mind it is under £10 so don't expect it to be of far superior make to those priced £40.