5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality ceramic 1x2 coffee filter cone
As of 20-Nov-2010, the description of this item is not very complete. The items is a well-made white ceramic 1x2 size coffee filter cone.

I am obsessive about my coffee making equipment and have had several filter cones that I was not happy with. Both the rate of flow out of the cone and the amount of air flow between the filter and cone need to be right, or...
Published on 20 Nov 2010 by A. Farquhar

2.0 out of 5 stars Description
I am looking for a 4x1 filter cone and far too many products do NOT specify the size.
This item is a standard 2x1 (small) size and it cannot be rocket science for Colanders to put the size on the advert under their Technical Details.
I nearly bought this in error. - PLEASE provide a better description!!!
Published on 21 Nov 2012 by Brettonboy

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Coffee Filter!, 3 May 2012
M. Nagel (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
This item arrived this morning and I was enjoying my first large mug of coffee within ten minutes of the postman handing it over. It's large enough to make one normal sized cup of coffee with one 'pouring'. If, like me, you prefer a mug then it will need topping up after most of the first 'pouring' has dripped through. There are three holes in the base of the cone so it doesn't take too long to discharge into the mug. Of course it can be used with any brand of coffee unlike some machines that need special coffee bags, or whatever, which can be limiting. Being porcelain, it's dead easy to clean. If you wash it straight after use a good rinse under the hot tap should normally be sufficient. The porcelain is quite heavy duty and has a robust feel to it. However, I have just ordered a second one as a a backup in case of breakages (I'm partly paralysed and can be a bit 'butterfingery' sometimes), and also to speed things up if I have visitors (I live alone). I wouldn't have ordered a second one if I hadn't been delighted with this one. Highly recommended. Off now to make another mug - Mmmm!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect! - why spend £££'s on a coffee machine!!, 9 Feb 2013
In Summary:-

Big enough for 1 large mug
No possibility of plastic contaminating your cuppa
I think its best to pre-warm it, but that means your mug is pre-warmed too.
Good speed of filtering... not too slow or fast
Will fit most mugs (from about 65mm to 95mm on inside of mug)
Size 1/2 filters fit a treat
Cleans easily, only really needs a quick rinse under the cold tap.
Nice quality. I hate mass produced plastic cr*p that breaks after 3 uses, so what if it costs a few quid extra.
Best of all... my morning coffee now tastes even better!

Good to thoroughly recommended something for a change!

5.0 out of 5 stars I am glad I bought it, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
At first I was sceptical about replacing our old Melitta plastic cone with the porcelain one. I was wrong. The porcelain one is much superior, and the coffee tasted better. Although the cone needs heating up before we use it (I use some boiling water from the kettle), I think it is a small price to pay for an excellent result.
This cone has 3 small holes which allow to make a reasonably strong coffee. The cone is quite heavy, so I'll keep the plastic one for holidays and trips...

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee filter., 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
This is a fantastic item I use it every morning makes great coffee and you just wash it out and leave ready for the next time no hassle and coffe tastes great.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little gadget, 26 Dec 2012
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
I love my fresh coffee at work but some coffee makers are just too messy, this is clean and quick and perfect for work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Dec 2012
W (Bolton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent for making a quick cup of real coffee, easy to dispose of grounds when finished, just make sure you warm the milk in the cup.

4.0 out of 5 stars White Porcelain Coffee Filter Cone, 17 Dec 2012
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
well, it's heavier than a plastic one! You may wish to pre-warm it because it soaks up more heat. The best thing is that it fits over any cup, even a flask. The ridge on the bottom is much smaller, so be careful balancing it. It cleans more convincingly, too.
I took one star off because the difference between it & plastic is only so great. It pours quicker through the three holes but not too quick for me, but it's quicker than the old one-hole, if you'll pardon the expression. Nice coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars really good, 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this several months ago and have been so pleased with it. You don't need to use extra coffee to get the right flavour, the cup is robust and has stood up to being dropped a few times (on an office floor i.e. carpeted very thinly), delivery was fast and safe. Am thinking of getting a spare for home use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ceramic Coffee Filter 1 X 2, 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
I received this product in excellent condition, well packed, no breakages etc. I have usually used the plastic variety of cone but found that they go tarnished and cracked after a while. This ceramic cone can be put in the dishwasher and it comes out sparkling every time like other crockery.
It filters the coffee very quick as it has three holes in the bottom of the cone. This does not make a weaker end product. The reason I've only given it four stars is that there is a slight fault in the glazing on the handle and one of the holes in the bottom of the cone is partially blocked by a partical of ceramic. This leads me to believe that these cones may be slight seconds??
Otherwise a brilliant product at a right price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes coffee, 25 Sep 2012
F. Garvin "F" (Somewhere) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
This device makes coffee with the help of coffee filter paper. You need to be careful not to knock it off the container it is on top of or it could smash.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›