4.0 out of 5 stars Good value in lightning deal
As suggested above, I got these on one of the quick deals and I feel I got excellent value and am happy with my purchase.

Here's my view on them...
They arrive in a smart package that isn't too much trouble to get into - always a good thing! I hate these bubble packs that cut your skin with frayed edges of sharp plastic packaging.

They look very...
Published 17 months ago by Kevin S

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
The sound is all right, not quite as good as it's competitors

They are not very comfortable and make a knocking noise if you're walk around with them on
Published 11 months ago by Mr. Jt Clulow

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value in lightning deal, 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Audio Technica ATH-FC707 Foldable Cup Headphones - Black (Electronics)

Here's my view on them...

They look very smart, the polished covers on the earpads have a gradient effect when viewed at certain angles. They are stylish without being showy.
The earpads themselves sit on top of the ear, they don't cover it right over but they do keep out a god deal of external noise while (obviously) keeping most of your audio in. They leak very slightly but not enough to disturb people close to you unless you have them very loud. The pads are lightly padded with a soft pleather covering. I would have preferred something softer like cloth but that's just personal preference.
The headband is pretty minimalist with no padding underneath it but it isn't uncomfortable. When adjusted to your head size it stays pretty much in place with no difficulty. As the diagram shows, you can fold the earpads into the headband for ease of storage and portability. This works quite well if space is at a premium for storage or transport.

A couple of points to remember about the construction - these are described as portable headphones. You can read that as "headphones for portable devices". The distinction being they have a much shorter lead than other types; it's around a metre and a half long. Perfect if your portable device is in your pocket or close at hand. The other thing is that they terminate with a right angled mini jack plug. If you're not already aware, this is the type that you'll find on just about any modern portable device (iPad, iPod, iPhone, Android phone etc...) Some headphones are supplied with an adaptor that will also allow you to plug them in to a full size jack plug, the sort that you'll find on home hi-fi units for example. These don't come with one so if you plan on using them with such a unit you'll need to find an adaptor.

OK, that's a lot of detail on the appearance and suchlike - what do they sound like?

My initial listening suggests that they have a very 'warm' and pleasant sound to them. The low and mid-low frequencies are very well represented and when listening flat (without any EQ or tonal adjustment) they still deliver a solid bass response. To my ears they are a little light on top end when used like that.

If you can adjust the output of your device to add some higher frequencies they show that they can certainly handle top end quite well without sounding tinny or harsh. I've set up my phone to add some treble and they don't sound like anything is missing.

Obviously, they will not compare to headphones that cost many times the price, nor would I expect them to. But the convenience of being able to store and carry them easily makes them a good compromise for the daily commute - rather than the full size cans that I use at home.

I listen to a broad range of musical styles; pop, rock, dance and classical and they seem to handle each of these perfectly well. I've also used them when watching catch up TV on the iPad and the sound is fine.

Much is said about the 'burn-in' of new headphones, some say that they improve after a number of hours use and some say that it's all in the mind. If I notice any change in the coming weeks I'll update this review.

I hope this helps you decide whether these are right for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat folding 'phones, 8 Dec. 2013
C. Hawkes "Livefats" (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
These are really neat portable headphones. The way the earpieces fold in makes them easy to stow, and fitting is quick and easy. The sound quality is impressive too, for portable headphones: whilst not as high quality as my Sennheisers, considering the price and size I'm very pleased. A perfect accessory for my iPod.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 20 May 2014
Mr. Jt Clulow (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
The sound is all right, not quite as good as it's competitors

2.0 out of 5 stars I tried, but they're still not for me., 19 Mar. 2014
Last year, my other headphones (AKG K518) bit the bullet, and I picked these up on a Daily Deal while waiting for my main unit to be recabled.

I disliked these headphones so much, that I ran out the next day and picked up a HD25 instead.

My issues were that for a closed back earphone there is a LOT of sound leakage, and it works both ways. Avoid these if you want to listen to music on public transport, especially if you listen to recording with quiet periods!
The headphones were also a little too big for me, I have a fairly small head (never needing to adjust most headbands) however the headphones just didn't fit well, there wasn't enough of a clamping force, and they fell off too easily.

I'm not overly fond of the Audio Technica sound signature, and it was the same for these 'phones. Perhaps if I had the patience to use them longer they may open up over time.
For the price, you can do a lot better if you're looking for sound isolation, They feel very cheap but they are light! They look okay, but that's about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once broken into...SOLID!, 9 Mar. 2014
I got these on offer with Amazon. I needed a pair of headphones for a few commutes on the bus or the tube. I have taken them on the plane too.

Sound is really not too bad. I listen to a mix of music, so I need a versatile headphone with not too much bass. This gives you that. Amazing.

They feel great for the price. The folding option is a plus too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crisp and clear, 10 Feb. 2014
These headphones are a delight to use: light, unubtrusive, and the sound is crisp and clear, with no distortion. Excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones, 1 Jan. 2014
My other half loves these that I got him for Christmas. So much so, he didn't hear me when I asked if he was ready to go as they were on!

4.0 out of 5 stars packaging and presentation is great, looks almost like a high tier headphone, 24 Oct. 2014
Got it as a gift for a friend, packaging and presentation is great, looks almost like a high tier headphone.

Friend seemed really happy when he opened it.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the price, 10 Nov. 2013
good quality reasonable price
the appearance is cool and fashionable
very convenient to take out
I bought the white one which is very suitable for girls

4.0 out of 5 stars Audio Technica., 22 Jun. 2013
Very good headphones for the money not to much bass good sound clear portable will fold up as well I use them all the time and leave my great denon headphones which was £250 locked away.