5.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser rs120-II wireless headphone system
I received my rs120-II headphones yesterday and I am really pleased with them. I read many reviews about these headphones before I decided to buy them and some of the reviews where very positive but some quite negative, so it felt like I was taking a bit of a chance with them, but let me just say how glad I am that I went for them.
I dont claim to be a sound expert...
Published on 2 Feb 2012 by P. Dupreez

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I am very disappointed with these headphones. Although the sound reproduction is good, at low volumes the background hiss is unbearable. I've been through all the channels hoping that I would find clear reception, but no luck. Its like listening to an old-style stereo with the treble turned all the way up! Not good at this price!
Published 7 months ago by euni1968

5.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser rs120-II wireless headphone system, 2 Feb 2012
P. Dupreez "Dupz" (Plymouth, Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser RS120 II RF Wireless On-Ear Headphone with UK/Ireland power supply (Electronics)
I dont claim to be a sound expert but I must say that a lot of the negative reviews seemed to be "experts" who in my opinion are just nit-picking for the sake of it. I know that if I had spent more money then I may have got a slightly better system but I dont think I would notice much difference. To me the sound is incredible, very rich bass and very clear treble, altogether a very enjoyable sound and for the money that they cost and I dont think you can get any better. For less than 100 it feels to me like the quality of something much more expensive.
I find the controls very easy to use, where as some people dont like the fact that the volume and tuning buttons are too close together, but in my opinion, it doesn't take a genius to work out which is which with the first use (nit-picking). The dock is very compact and very useful in the fact that is doubles as a charger for the batteries in the headset, again some people said that they had trouble lining the metal contacts on the dock with the metal strips on the headphones, but my experience is that you cannot fail to locate the contacts, unless your dock is sat at a 90 degree angle or something weird like that, it automatically sits in place.
Anyway I just thought I would post my experience and hopefully help someone trying to decide from the hundreds of different sorts of wireless headphone systems available.
I hope this is helpful and happy listening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket!!, 9 May 2013
Mrs. Hilary M. Whaley "Hilary" (Notts UK) - See all my reviews
This is a super product and enables my hard of hearing husband to fully enjoy TV and radio without having the sound too loud or me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Senheiser RS120 II, 15 July 2013
Brilliant! I use these mainly for listening to the radio when sitting in the garden or when my wife is watching her 'soaps' on TV. Similarly I can watch and listen to F1 motor racing on TV (my wife can't stand the noise!!) without her being irritated by it.My garage is 100 feet from the house and I get perfect reception there too. I can now listen to Test Match Special all day long without anyone else being bored by it! . Headphones are light and comfortable.
I tried other similar products but the RS120 II is the best by far

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 16 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy Cheaper, 10 July 2012
Excellent product, clarity and comfort perfect. Do not be tempted by cheaper versions, buy the best.
Easy to setup, not an eye sore on the table top. Just drop the headset onto the base to recharge batteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 7 Feb 2012
A good product all round.
The only negative is that it powers off after a couple of minutes of silence. This can be a pain if you are fast forwarding TV etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., 30 Nov 2011
Easy to set up, and trouble free so far. Very good quality sound, I've experienced some crackling on occasion but usually a change of channel and bit of adjustment sorts it out. Range is good, I have used them without trouble at the end of my garden - about 60 metres and three brick walls away from source. I don't have anything to compare them with, so I am unable to say whether they represent better or worse value than similar products, but I am very happy with my purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 7 April 2013
Bought a set of these over a year ago, but am now going to replace them...they're just too flawed for regular trouble-free use.

Their sound is OK but I've never been able to actually tune them to the point where their sound is totally clear, or also without a degree of interference happening when I shift my position (I use these just over a meter away from the transmitter, so this is really unacceptable).

Worse than this though is the deafening hiss / screech they put out when they decide the sound from the device you're listening too is too quiet, and they auto-cutout. Really, really tired of suddenly being blasted out of whatever program / music I was trying to listen to at the time, and having to fumble about in a panic to get the phones off my head or turn them off. And the dance with the on/off switch is one you'll have to get used to if you want to try avoid these deafening moments.

These 2 problems make them really hard work; they're far too difficult to tune in just to get a semi-reasonable, reliable sound quality out of. But honestly, if you don't want to end up very frustrated, or your hearing shocked on a regular basis, then I advise to look else where for a new set of wireless headphones.

4.0 out of 5 stars great headphones, 16 Mar 2012
Very happy with these, though not bought from here, shop about, they were half this price. They are a bit like a quality fm radio, you have to tune them to find the sweet spot, but, when you do, they sound fantastic. i have found it best to plug the ipod directly into the transmitter, as extra volume caused by plugging into hifi amp can compress the signal and/or distort if the amp is cranked too much. The cradle transmitter charger is neat. Very comfortable headphones, with a range of 100m or so before the signal starts getting lost. Only negatives are the tuner and volume pots on the headphones are next to one another and it's easy to detune when you are trying to alter the volume. Also a little hissing when the audio volume is very low or in between tracks. In short, for the ultimate hifi quality, buy wired headphones, if you want a quality pair of radio phones, buy these:)

5.0 out of 5 stars top notch headphones for price, 23 Jan 2014
Having owned and used the RF120 headphones for 5 years plus, all I can say is these wireless head phones rock for tv use, I use them everyday for at least 4 hours, mostly in the evening or late night tv watching, ok they are not the top off the tree for sound, but if I want that I will buy the RS180 which are on the cards as this old set will be moving to Spain shortly to our apartment. I'm still using the batteries that came with them, I'm guessing mine are the MK1 version, it is true that if the TV is too low or if I mute the amp then the auto turnout hiss can appear, but doesn't happen often, as for build quality, all I can say is they seem really good, I have used them as said for 5 years plus and look good as new. I bought a competitors set for Spain, but they are useless, lots of hiss and cut out even though I was only 2 metres from the base unit, the RF120 have no such problem, I can wear them upstairs in bed or out in the garden and still get great sound, though venturing more than 20 metres in the garden results in some loss of signal, overall 5 star for unfailing service for over 5 years to be honest could be closer to 8 years I have them, I will bet they will last many more years. A********