on 2 January 2012
This, is the little brother of the Bold 9900; it has rather high end specs (for RIM devices)fit into a small, budget priced smartphone.

Even the new OS (BB 7) is included, personally, it runs very well and I've yet to experience any hang ups or intense slowdown.

Email works great, the browser is very speedy (over wifi at least) and can stream YT videos seamlessly. FB works great so does Twitter.

Some great apps too; weather updates, bus/train times, social feeds from multiple sources etc... It's an all in one

Lack of games, but who cares? Go buy a handheld gaming device..... :P

Music player is excellent, with the convenience key there and thankfully; if your headphones pop out of the system, the song your playing also stops- avoid public embarrassment! :P

The biggest con of the device is, of course, the battery. Which is odd because BBs usually have great battery lives. It definitely lasts a day for me and that includes internet use, 3G, Wifi, quick calls and texting...

HOWEVER, after the latest software update, the battery is 20/30% better! This is a sign of more good things to come in future updates!

Oh and of course, this is probably the best BB in terms of design, very light and fits into my hand with comfort. The screen display is colorful and bright- no eye strain whatsoever with continuous use.

The camera is 5MP with flash; a big step up from previous curve models... People may complain about the lack of HD, but for the average customer, this is completely unnecessary, the shots I took looked completely fine for casual use.
Video recorder is 480p and in 30FPS. Fine for me.

Excellent trackpad, as always.

Ahhh and the keyboard! BBM, BB Protect (Best security for a smartphone, 2 year manufacture warranaty...

DEAL! :)
22 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 February 2012
44 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 May 2012
Why do so many persist in slating BlackBerry? I am on my third BB device and can say hand on heart that they are the best mobile communication device on the market. Yes, some of my colleagues complain about the power hungry BB Bold 9900 but if you want a mobile device with a full day battery life, you can't go wrong with the BB Curve 9360.

I use my device for work; I make a lot of calls and send many e-mails during the course of a day; never once have I run out of juice, with 20% battery life still remaining after a busy day.

The music player is also a great asset and the fact that you can expand the memory with a Micro SD card is far better than some mobile manufacturers are offering, plus sound quality and user interface are great.

Okay, I admit that many will say that Apps are in short supply for BB; but really folks, we are talking about a communication device rather than a toy.

My suggestion to anybody looking for a great phone but are seduced by the Apps and gizmos of the Apple/Android phones; save your penny's and buy a BB Curve 9360 with a separate 7 inch tablet. At least you will be able to talk, text and e-mail all day via your BB!
on 16 September 2012
Living in a ground floor flat, reception is a priority for me.

The blackberry certainly delivers on this point.

I would get 0 bars on the Sony Ericson live which makes the device unusable.

On the curve I get full reception without the need to change provider.

Comparing with android, the curve is more fit for purpose because there are buttons. This means that the process of making calls does not go through the touch screen enabled OS, which is often unresponsive because of the load created by all the running apps.

When I make or receive calls, I press exactly one button and the connection is made instantly - there is no delay unlike with the android where connection is often slow and cumbersome.

For texting and e-mail the keypad is a winner, and the touchpad which is essentially a small version of the touchpads found on laptops makes navigation of menus and websites fast and easy.

Battery life is not as good as some claim - expect to get 2 or three days light use at most.

The big letdown is that you will have to pay extra to get BIS (blackberry internet services) if your data plan does not cover this.

This means that you can use WIFI and make calls and send texts out of the box, but E-mail and 3G are handled by RIM servers which you must pay to use.

On a standard 3 tariff this amounted to me paying an extra £5 per month, which isn't really going to break the bank.

All in all an excellent device which, as some other reviewers have mentioned is a purpose built communication device, and not a toy.
VINE VOICEon 14 November 2011
I have had my phone for a couple of days now and I love it to bits!

At first when I saw it I was worried that I would never be able to master it but its been so easy to set up and use.

I have access to email, BBM, texting and internet and the address book function is excellant enabling you to store addresses as well as emails and phone numbers.

The phone is slim and very light and the camara function is brilliant.

Very, very pleased with this phone!
on 5 July 2012
MEDIA CARD: When i ordered mine i recieved a 4GB media card! It was already insered just on the right side under the sim card area!

APPEARANCE: The new blackberry is very slim-line and lightweight. The keys are much flatter so there isn't as much noise when you type :). The keys for answer and deny are silver which looks better i think.

FEATURES:
You can still pull through your emails and change your notifier sound for every email account that you add.
Texting is pretty much the same too!
With calls you now have the option to add another person to the conversation which is cool and you can also put people onto hold.
The memo pad is still there and that's awesome.

APP WORLD:
There aren't as many free apps like on my other BB curve and when you do get one its constant prompts to download the full version.
However twitter is a fun app and it's very fast allows you to check new tweets post and follow on the go!

CAMERA:
The camera is amazingly clear! The pics aren't as big when you put them over to the computer so they become slightly pixelated but they are superb on your mobile! The video camera is amazing still too! You can still pause whilst filming to cut out whatever didn't go to plan :)!

MEDIA:
You can store pictures on your phone or on a memory card and the pics that you take from the internet say twitter or google are all stored seperate to your camera shots and the media card shots.

The music players still there too so you can store itunes or MP3's (or both).

GAMES:
There are two pre loaded games which featured on the other BB curve i had: Word Mole and brick breaker. Basic but good time killers many more on BB app world.

BATTERY LIFE SPAN: The battery actually seems great too. My previous model overheated and the battery ran out fast but this one seems to be doing good, it does run a little low when the app world is used though.

ADD ONS: There are a vast range of cases that you can buy to personalize your new BB curve, and i'd reccomend a scratch guard.

I have had mine a few months now and i am starting to have a problem where sometimes it wont turn on even though i know the battery is fully charged and i cannot turn it off either all i can do is plug the charger in and that sets it back up. It may just be my model thats finiky but it doesn't happen that often and i have only just started to notice it.
on 9 July 2012
Im delighted with my purchase.
This phone looks great. Its super slim, feels great to hold & to type with. Menus are easy to follow. Typing and browser short-cuts are excellent.
I'm new to Blackberry but after a couple of days I was a convert to their keyboard. Its a real breath of fresh air after several years with touch screens.
My last phone was an HTC with similar spec camera but the 9360 is superior, much crisper pictures and has a good flash.
4 gig memory card and it couldn't be simpler to transfer between the pc & phone.
Everyone said this phone has battery issues but I get 2 days after fairly regular use (after using the mp3 player for 6 hours on a long trip I still got 36 hours before recharging). There are plenty options to get more life out of the battery, change to 2g from 3g+2g for starters.

One issue I've had is the occasional freeze after a large download or browsing a content heavy page.
Only other negative would be the poor headphones but thats normal with every phone and no worse than what Apple supply.

If you're like me and want away from a touch screen then a Blackberry is a must and this is a quality option at a very reasonable price.
on 5 November 2013
Shutdown at the most inconvenient of times
Takes between 7-8 minutes just to turn on
Jumps from half battery to red randomly
Constantly freezes

Not normally the one to write reviews but people need to know about this one!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 December 2011
Hi, I've bought this Phone Blackberry 9360 with (OS.7) with the very latest next Gen Operating system
to kill the Apple iPhone 4S in functionality not iPhones cheesy app's. This Phone is half the price of the Apple iPhone 4S,
However, beats it in many area's like all messages sent through the Blackberry messaging system are Encrypted so
NO Police, Detectives, Special Branch, or Fleet St.Newspaper Hackers, more important etc. 'can't read' or 'access them', its the most secure
way of sending your messages SMS, MMS, or emails. over the 3G Network.

BTW - I'm not saying buy this phone to evade police No', deffo NO, just giving an example of how effective this phone is.
(with regards to optimized security with emailing and text-ting), via
the blackberry net work which is usually free with most carriers. Vodafone and T-mobile offer the best customer service
for the blackberry handsets, so stick with either... coverage is stellar too, with both networks.

There has been a lot of chitter-chatter on the net, coming up to this phones release, which was recent, and many had pre-ordered
it has a Wonderful HD Hi resolution Screen, (Well Screen is large enough for everything) this has got to be the best MP3/4 player
and Phone camera on the market today, the sound is incredible. the camera shots are on par with a normal point and shoot cameras.
they are great then just upload to Twitteer or facebook. without needing to edit in the phone,(if you wish).

The Screen is full of contrast and viewable from all angles, its got to be the best value Phone on the market, and best value
Blackberry with OS.v.7 it has loads of bells and whistles too many to list, and comes well protected in its own Sturdy Box.

ITS CERTAINLY THE FASTEST WAY TO SEND A TEXT MESSAGE, SO IF YOUR INTO TEXT SECURE MESSAGING Buy this Blackberry 9360 Handset.

Thanks for reading, you decide, its your money, I hope you consider this phone, if you found my review helpful please leave me

a positive vote if it was useful in anyway, thanks and much appreciated. David :D
55 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 March 2012
Now I've had this for a week or two but till now everything is fine better yet it's amazing. This is my first ever BlackBerry and what a way to start off! keyboard is easy to get used to, display sharp and clear with vivid colours, very light, so fast with its 800Mhz processor and the battery life is fine but I'm more interested in the experience and this little fella delivers! Highly recommended.
EDIT(12/7/13 3*) The battery is absolutely horrible. You expect a phone that doesn't do much and has small screen to atleast last a few days. it barely last the second day. You need a phone to work with but if it's always out of battery then what's the point? Also, the browser ends the battery is 10 minutes and I have calculated numerous times and that's why I bought an iPod Touch for games, music and other things. It's a shame because I really like the look of the phone physically and internally with the UI.