on 6 January 2013
The drive came with the following items:

* LG BH10LS38 Internal BD-RW Drive
* CD-ROM with the Cyberlink Software
* SATA Cable
* LP4 to SATA Power Cable Adapter

I installed the drive into my Dell Studio XPS 8100 running Windows 8 with no problems and it was detected and works great. The only issue is the supplied Cyberlink software is not Windows 8 compatible. Particularly Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 which allows you to play Blu-Ray disks on your computer. There is an upgrade to Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 on their site, but it costs between £30-£50 depending upon the option you choose. Unfortunately, Windows 8 does not allow you to play Blu-Ray disks natively so you will need to purchase some third-party software in-order to play Blu-Rays.

The other option you have is to rip the disks to your local hard disk using either AnyDVD or MakeMKV and then you can play the films using something like VLC.

The hardware is good and if you are running Windows 7 then I would recommend this item, if you are running Windows 8 then make sure the software you get is Windows 8 compatible.
on 11 December 2012
Good priced replacement drive easy to install.
Just a note require a monitor that is digital rights compatible for most movie Blu-ray playback
on 25 January 2012
Boy these players are easy to install and use.

I changed two of them over for my existing DVD writers and they were up and running within seconds and haven't stopped since. They have played everything I have thrown at them, and I have even backed up some of my 3D movies with them too.

10/10 from me.

44 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 June 2014
It's just bloody great!
I put some of those blank disc thingies in it, it's bloody great!
I want to play a DVD wotsit movie on my computer, it's bloody great!
I wanted to, you know, they call it burning, I wanted to be burning a Benny Goodman album on t' CD thing, it's bloody great!
I thought I'd get one of those new thingy discs, y' know, to watch them films wots got that HD in 'em, well it were bloody great!
It's just bloody great!
on 12 December 2012
The product is exactly as it was described. I can raccomend it to be bought without predjudice. Happy with the product.
on 26 November 2012
Best value for money. Reads & writes all current CD & DVD formats, as well as Bluray. Stll came with software & drivers
on 20 April 2014
This was a great drive while it worked. Unfortunately it only worked for a few months, after which it stopped reading discs. Got a replacement from the seller and exactly the same thing happened, this time after only a few weeks.

I managed to burn a grand total of eight discs with it. Tried everything to fix the problem, from new cables to firmware updates, but nothing works. This drive is hopeless - don't waste your money.
on 6 November 2013
I don't use this too often, it's mainly for burning disks to send to clients etc.

The lightscribe is a nice touch for this.

It does make a fair bit of noise when burning though so you wouldn't want to be doing it all the time while trying to do other work.
on 19 April 2012
Just so you know, Amazon have described this as having a 2MB buffer under-run prevention. It doesn't - it has 4MB. Please see Owners manual for verification [...]

Important to prevent burning coasters!
on 13 April 2016
This drive has good build quality and is still going strong after buying this several years ago.
Easy to install and i have had no issues reading any media that i have used and burnt off with it.
Nice slick black bezel and looks well smart i my case